Windows 10: HP laptop with Intel Chip set and HP motherboard, originally had Windows 8 was upgraded to...

Discus and support HP laptop with Intel Chip set and HP motherboard, originally had Windows 8 was upgraded to... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My niece has an HP laptop with Windows 10 upgrade on it and the intel-wiusb-driver-not-working-properly. She cannot use more than one USB device such... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EmmettH, Jul 16, 2018.

1. EmmettH Win User

HP laptop with Intel Chip set and HP motherboard, originally had Windows 8 was upgraded to...

My niece has an HP laptop with Windows 10 upgrade on it and the intel-wiusb-driver-not-working-properly. She cannot use more than one USB device such as a music device or when she tries to download picture from her camera via a USB connection. We plugged in a USB mouse controller and in the front socket it was not recognized and the eject command did not show up in My Computer, it does work in the USB next to the HDMI port. I also tried the USB connection next to the DVD/CD player and was not able to get a connection. In the tech 8 Forum it showed a reimage site that will reload the driver but do I need to reimage back to Windows 8.1 in order to install the driver and is it a Microsoft driver or an Intel driver?

:)

EmmettH, Jul 16, 2018

2. HP ENVY m4 Windows 8 Laptop Available for Pre-Order

Officially announced one month ago, the Windows 8-running ENVY m4 14-inch laptop from HP can now be found on pre-order, priced at $829.99. The m4 is 1.1 inches thick and features an LED-backlit (1366 x 768) display, a 2.2 GHz Core i7-3632QM processor, Intel HD graphics, 8 GB of RAM, a 1 TB hard drive, and a DVD writer.

HP's notebook also has a media card reader, an HD webcam, Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, two USB 3.0 ports, stereo speakers and a subwoofer, Beats Audio, an HDMI output, and a 6-cell battery. The ENVY m4 is listed here.

HP laptop with Intel Chip set and HP motherboard, originally had Windows 8 was upgraded to... hp_envy_m4_01_thm.jpg

Source: Laptoping

Cristian_25H, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Drone Win User
    Windows 8 Clubhouse

Strange move by HP

Drone, Jul 16, 2018
  4. HP laptop with Intel Chip set and HP motherboard, originally had Windows 8 was upgraded to...

Downgrade a new HP laptop from windows 10 to Windows 8 - Possible?

I have just found the realtek driver for the rtl8188ee for the windows 8 group as well!

So, I now have bookmarked the links on our other HP laptop for the intel Pentium and the realtek drivers.
    I have the windows 8 OS disc and key.

There is something called DTS sound on the laptop which I am guessing is like the BING audio controls on our HP envy.
    Is this software that is needed?

On our Envy, we hardly ever open the Bing control and use it to adjust the sound.. maybe a handful of times in the 2 years that we've had it.

If it isn't an essential thing to have, would I need to worry about it?

There is software for the cyberlink dvd, webcam and such but I believe I would be able to redownload that either from the laptop's HP page or from cyberlink site? The license codes are printed on the Belarc report.

If memory serves right, we had an issue with the Envy one time after windows updates and I redownloaded that set from cyberlink site, not HP and we haven't had any issues since. It has also updated from the HP site since then, so I would guess that it wasn't an issue or we would have known about. That was about a year ago.

Am I missing anything else in consideration of drivers?

I am going down through the Belarc now:

Adobe shockwave, if needed, will probably prompt us to download whatever version, correct?

Following that, amazon, kindle and apple apps are listed. Again, this, if needed or wanted can be obtained later?
    Following the list down: I have a list of apps from the windows store for my Microsoft account - no big deal here.

Dropbox is next.

Since we back up to externals, probably not an issue?

A bunch of HP stuff is listed next...support assistant, recovery, network check.

Now, if I do the downgrade to Windows 8.1, I could probably load HP assistant but I am wondering since the laptop is set up with Windows 10, will the HP assistant even be able to give us updates?

I would think that a manual check for drivers for the hardware and software would be the way to go?

There are a bunch of Microsoft things listed next but with the install of 8, all of that would load and then update as needed with windows updates?

There are some Intel items listed next, these would come from the intel driver/site correct?

Then there are more Microsoft items listed...some are windows store apps and then there is the get office, groove music and cortana and edge.

These either aren't needed for Win 8 or will install as required for 8, I think.

Skype is on there but if it isn't with the Windows 8 and if I want to install on new laptop, I can download myself. Not even sure if I want or will use it on the new laptop. Rarely use, except at Christmas time, lol.

The rest of the stuff listed downward on Belarc are more windows store apps, a bunch of windows 10 things like phone companion and onedrive and my security software, twitter and wild tangent games.

Sorry to make such a long post here but I know if I am going to do the Windows 8 downgrade, it would be best not to overlook anything, right?

Again, thanks to all of you who have responded. You all are awesome!

BuffyKItty, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

HP laptop with Intel Chip set and HP motherboard, originally had Windows 8 was upgraded to...

1. HP laptop with Intel Chip set and HP motherboard, originally had Windows 8 was upgraded to... - Similar Threads - laptop Intel Chip

2. Bad upgrade on HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad upgrade on HP Laptop: Windows updated my hp laptop from 10 to 11. My laptop now has blue screen error 0xc0000185 and will not boot no matter what I try. I do not have a recovery disc my bad. How can I get my PC to boot again?...
  3. Bad upgrade on HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad upgrade on HP Laptop: Windows updated my hp laptop from 10 to 11. My laptop now has blue screen error 0xc0000185 and will not boot no matter what I try. I do not have a recovery disc my bad. How can I get my PC to boot again?...
  4. HP laptop with an intel i7 7500 chip running at 2.7GHz. Only the CPU prevents me from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laptop with an intel i7 7500 chip running at 2.7GHz. Only the CPU prevents me from...: I do not understand why an intel i7 7500 chip running at 2.7 GHz in a laptop that meets all the other requirements cannot be upgraded to Windows 11. Can some Microsoft Engineer enlighten me please?...
  5. HP laptop with an intel i7 7500 chip running at 2.7GHz. Only the CPU prevents me from...

HP laptop with an intel i7 7500 chip running at 2.7GHz. Only the CPU prevents me from...: I do not understand why an intel i7 7500 chip running at 2.7 GHz in a laptop that meets all the other requirements cannot be upgraded to Windows 11. Can some Microsoft Engineer enlighten me please?...
  6. HP Laptop Windows 11 Clean Install For Unsupported Processor Worked An Intel Chip SM Bus...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laptop Windows 11 Clean Install For Unsupported Processor Worked An Intel Chip SM Bus...: I have an HP laptop and PC check said my processor was not supported for an upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I was able to enable TPM 2.0 in bios and do a clean install of Windows 11. It seems to be working fine. However, when I do device manager, I noticed the SM Bus...
  7. HP Laptop Windows 11 Clean Install For Unsupported Processor Worked An Intel Chip SM Bus...

HP Laptop Windows 11 Clean Install For Unsupported Processor Worked An Intel Chip SM Bus...: I have an HP laptop and PC check said my processor was not supported for an upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I was able to enable TPM 2.0 in bios and do a clean install of Windows 11. It seems to be working fine. However, when I do device manager, I noticed the SM Bus...
  8. new intel graphics on hp laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new intel graphics on hp laptop: i try to install from intel but get message that said graphic locked by hp how do i get around this. the driver is foe my 6 gen cpu help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-intel-graphics-on-hp-laptop/64c54640-602f-48d7-bf31-d769657ffae8
  9. hp motherboard replaced

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hp motherboard replaced: hp 15z windows 10 replaced motherboard with same model # laptop will not install, message says windows could not complete installations. i tried reset,image repair, media installation repair via usb anyone able to help....
  10. Intel Chip Set & Intel Management Engine Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Chip Set & Intel Management Engine Help: Hello as Question title says. I'm having difficulty finding the drivers on the Intel website Support and Drivers menu. Drivers needed: Intel Chipset & Intel Management Engine Im using a Z170 motherboard with an I7 6700K. OS Windows 10 64Bit home edition. Any help...