Windows 10: HP laptop won't boot up after restart

Discus and support HP laptop won't boot up after restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All I simply did was try to reinstall Power DVD 16 and now it won't boot. Can't hit any of the F keys either. No matter what I hit, as soon as I turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by taz1458, Jul 13, 2018.

1. taz1458 Win User

HP laptop won't boot up after restart

All I simply did was try to reinstall Power DVD 16 and now it won't boot. Can't hit any of the F keys either. No matter what I hit, as soon as I turn it on, it goes to please wait and then keyboard selection and either troubleshoot or turn off your pc. Anybody have any ideas? I found a shortcut to get to system restore, and it fails everytime as well.

:)

taz1458, Jul 13, 2018
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Laptop went black and won;t reboot

Hi Andree,

Hardware and software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing black screen. Sometimes, it is also because of hardware failure. To get this issue fixed, we suggest that you
    boot into Safe Mode by following these steps:

• Turn off your computer 3 times while booting. Windows should automatically boot to the Recovery Environment after 3 unsuccessful attempts in a row.
    • Once you are within the Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once your computer is in Safe Mode, please follow the workaround provided on this
    link. Simply select the similar case that you're experiencing to show the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    I have windows 10 and my printer is HP OFFICEJET PRO 8610. My laptop says it is offline What do I do?

Hi Donna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanni...ort-for-Windows-10-won-t-come-up/td-p/5323205

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jul 13, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Win 10 won´t boot up, only hp logo shows

Hi, I searched for
    "how to access bios HP laptop"

HP Notebook PCs - BIOS Setup Information and Menu Options | HP® Customer Support

suggests
    F1 or F10
    Enter Setup at the red Compaq logo or blue HP logo

So when you see the HP logo (or just before) start pressing one of those.

As you can't boot your PC, your only hope of recovery is if you can boot it not from its internal disk, but from something else.

That way you have a chance of running System Restore, or restoring the registry backup. And at least you can see if you can still access the hard disk inside your PC.

Whatever you need to do will, I think, be well outside your comfort zone, so I would strongly suggest you seek help from a friend or relative.

Do you have a bootable flash drive or DVD for Win 10?
    (Your laptop apparently has a DVD drive)
    HP ProBook 6440b (NN230EA) specifications

Please download and burn a DVD for Kyhi's bootable disk available from the top of the Software and Apps section here. This should give you a Win 10 style desktop.

However, to be able to boot from it you probably need to change the boot priority in your BIOS.

dalchina, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

1. HP laptop won't boot up after restart - Similar Threads - laptop won't boot

2. Hp laptop not booting up after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp laptop not booting up after bios update: I restarted my laptop, and a BIOS update happened. So I didn't touch it and it got to 100%. Then the computer went black. When I tried to turn it on, it didn't work, when you plug the power cord in, the light doesn't even show up....
  3. Hp laptop not booting up after bios update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hp laptop not booting up after bios update: I restarted my laptop, and a BIOS update happened. So I didn't touch it and it got to 100%. Then the computer went black. When I tried to turn it on, it didn't work, when you plug the power cord in, the light doesn't even show up....
  4. Laptop won't Wake up or sometimes restarts after restart.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't Wake up or sometimes restarts after restart.: I am experiencing a weird problem recently that when i lock my laptop and close the lid and the instantly open the lid again the screen would not lit and all i can do is to do a hard reboot to fix the issue. And if i leave the laptop lock and close the lid and open it back in...
  5. HP Pavillion laptop won't boot...

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Pavillion laptop won't boot...: My grand-daughter has a HP Pavillion laptop which she brought over this morning as it is showing Recovery. It looks as if Windows has not loaded correctly. It then gives a choice of Restart my PC or See Advanced Repair Options. Ive had a quick look through these and tried the...
  6. My Windows Laptop won't boot after a restart.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Windows Laptop won't boot after a restart.: I hit restart on my laptop because it was running a bit slow and it after that it didn't boot to windows. It booted into the recovery environment and the startup repair gave me a log SRTTrail.txt saying that a recently serviced boot sector was corrupt with an error code...
  7. Laptop won't boot-up

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Laptop won't boot-up: Hi, my Granddaughter's HP Stream laptop will not boot-up, I have tried the repair my computer facility, fixmbr, fixboot, rebuildbcd, chkdsk, system restore, previous copy of windows unfortunately none of which work as I either get "unable to repair your computer" or the...
  8. HP laptop not booting up?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP laptop not booting up?: Hello everybody I was just trying to turn on my laptop. Unfortunately, it won't boot. The fan runs like crazy and is totally loud, but the screen stays black. When I press the off button again nothing happens. Does anyone have any idea what you can do? The laptop is still...
  9. PC won't boot up after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC won't boot up after restart: PC stuck on boot when I restart it, and because of that, I need to shut down my PC from the button. I can't update my PC because of that and it giving me an error 0xc1900101 - 0x20017. How to fix it. Thank you...
  10. HP laptop won't boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP laptop won't boot up: I seem to have multiple problems. I new HP laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition. I am getting the blue screen on start up but the error seems to vary. I have gotten each of these: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION SYSTEM EXCEPTION THREAD NOT HANDLED KMODE...