Windows 10: HP Laserjet 4 and HP Laserjet 5M Windows 10 connection instructions

Discus and support HP Laserjet 4 and HP Laserjet 5M Windows 10 connection instructions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Follow these instructions to connect your HP Laserjet 4 and Laserjet 5M printers to your computer if you are running Windows 10. --press the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ahowardaz, Jul 28, 2016.

1. ahowardaz Win User

HP Laserjet 4 and HP Laserjet 5M Windows 10 connection instructions

Follow these instructions to connect your HP Laserjet 4 and Laserjet 5M printers to your computer if you are running Windows 10.

--press the Windows icon in the lower left corner

--select "settings"
    --select "devices"
    --select "add printers & scanners"
    --select "add a printer"
    -- it probably will scan and deliver a message like "printer ----- isn't listed"
    --click on that message
    --scroll down to "add a local printer"
    --accept "use existing port" then scroll down and select USB001(virtual port for USB)
    --it is possible that if you are using the original cable that the default LPT1 is the correct choice.
    --that will lead to the same list of printer drivers that you would have had with Win 7 (my understanding, or misunderstanding, is that when Win 10 loaded it retained the Win 7 printer drivers, but did not make them particularly accessible.
    --select your printer
    --print a test page
    --all done
    --you may need to make that your default printer

:)

ahowardaz, Jul 28, 2016

2. Windows 10 HP Laserjet Support

Guru,

There aren't any drivers available from HP for the Laserjet 4. I spoke to an HP tech support rep and he said that the last driver from HP for the Laserjet 4 was for Windows 3.1. Apparently, Microsoft has bundled support for this printer in Windows. I had
    support for the HP Laserjet 4 when I migrated to Windows 10 but one of the later updates killed it. The HP rep said there might be a way to extract the Laserjet 4 driver from the Windows 7 x64 install disk but he wasn't sure. Any help with this?

JohnMerritt_65, Jul 28, 2016
  3. yon16 Win User
    connect new laptop to old printer

Have a HP laptop and want to connect HP LaserJet 4 Plus printer. I've downloaded driver for windows 10 but they won't talk to each other

yon16, Jul 28, 2016
Thema:

HP Laserjet 4 and HP Laserjet 5M Windows 10 connection instructions

1. HP Laserjet 4 and HP Laserjet 5M Windows 10 connection instructions - Similar Threads - Laserjet Laserjet connection

2. HP LaserJet M110we

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP LaserJet M110we: Why am I not successful in connecting my new printer HP LaserJet M110we? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laserjet-m110we/f892052b-a6e9-4925-adb4-fdd782d885d9
  3. HP LaserJet M110we

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP LaserJet M110we: Why am I not successful in connecting my new printer HP LaserJet M110we? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laserjet-m110we/f892052b-a6e9-4925-adb4-fdd782d885d9
  4. HP color laserjet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP color laserjet: Am trying to re-install my HP color laserjet pro M252dw with no success. Comp w/n find printer using wireless connection. Any help appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-color-laserjet/d90ea010-ac54-431b-9c76-f73389e30da8
  5. Installing HP Laserjet 4 printer with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing HP Laserjet 4 printer with Windows 10: I have been using my HP Laserjet 4 for many, many years and it's still working. I still have a couple of cartridges to use. I can't seem to print from my new Windows 10 laptop to this printer. I understand the driver may no longer be available. If the HP4 works on the old...
  6. HP LASERJET 1020

HP LASERJET 1020: Hi, I have been using HP LaserJet 1020 for years and I used it with win 10 with no problems. Suddenly my computer does not see it. I spent hours trying to fix it with no success. HELP....
  7. Using an HP LaserJet 5M with Windows 10

Using an HP LaserJet 5M with Windows 10: I have an HP LaserJet 5M printer from a number of years ago, and I attached it to a new Dell laptop Inspiron 15 3000 series. When I print a test page, only black stripes print. When I try to print something from the laptop, the same black stripes print. When I run...
  8. HP LaserJet P1102

HP LaserJet P1102: Hi. I have problem with printer after updating my system to windows 10 from 7. When i downloaded drivers from official web-site and installed them, my PC don`t see them. I triedto delete and download again(I deleted from device manager "HP EWS" and reboot device...
  9. Windows 10 Driver for HP LaserJet 4

Windows 10 Driver for HP LaserJet 4: I am trying to figure out where to get this driver for my HP LaserJet 4 printer. Worked fine in windows 7 but for some reason now it created an error #123. Through troubleshooting it said spooler had previous print job pending. Killed that restarted the spooler, then...
  10. HP Laserjet 1300

HP Laserjet 1300: Hi Guys, My HP Laserjet 1300 printer is not working in Windows 10, How can I resolve this issue? 67428