Windows 10: HP Laserjet 4000 on Win1064, Getting cannot conect to Win Update

Discus and support HP Laserjet 4000 on Win1064, Getting cannot conect to Win Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to install my LaserJet 4000n on a reinstall of windows 10 64bit (It was installed and working before reinstall), now windows says that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zaaka, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Zaaka Win User

HP Laserjet 4000 on Win1064, Getting cannot conect to Win Update

I am trying to install my LaserJet 4000n on a reinstall of windows 10 64bit (It was installed and working before reinstall), now windows says that it cannot connect to windows update, rad sfc as suggested by microsoft but nothing found/repaired.
    I have the driver installed on my laptop, is there a way to install on the PC using the driver on my laptop? HP say that they do not support the printer anymore *Sad

or is there a way to extreact a copy of the driver from my lapto to a asb or something?

:)

Zaaka, Mar 29, 2018

2. after updating to version 1511 windows 10

after updating to version 1511 windows 10 older HP laserjet printers don't print. Such as Laserjet 6P and laserjet 2100. I have downloaded the drivers through Microsoft driver update. I get an error "Error Printing on HP Laserjet 6P - printer couldn't
    print". This did not happen on previous version of Win 10.

JimWatkins, Mar 29, 2018
  3. hagand Win User
    Windows 10 and HP Laserjet 4000

I have a (rather old) HP LaserJet 4000 connected to my Dell PC on LPT1, and I use a very old piece of 'purpose written' DOS-based software for names and address, and especially envelope printing ... invaluable!. However I have upgraded the operating system
    to Windows 10 and now the printer will not function, despite downloading and trying drivers for HP LaserJet 4, and HP LaserJet 4000. HELP! Perhaps I should buy a new printer and somehow re-configure the (very old but superb) software to re-direct LPT 1 to
    a USB port? Or is there a cable I could buy to convert the LPT 1 output to USB? Or is there indeed a printer-driver 'fix' to solve this conundrum, and make the trusted and indeed superb HP LaserJet 4000 work. As it is at the moment the computer persistently
    displays "Printer is in an error state".

I have of course checked the printers functionality using an older computer and there is no problem with it.

hagand, Mar 29, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

Is your Notebook/Laptop also 64-bit? If so you should be able to use the driver but you may not get all the functions if that printer is an All-in-One/MultiFunction device. I'd be looking on the drive for a drivers Folder, could be in C: or C:\Windows\System32.

Berton, Mar 29, 2018
Thema:

1. HP Laserjet 4000 on Win1064, Getting cannot conect to Win Update - Similar Threads - Laserjet 4000 Win1064

2. HP LaserJet M110we

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP LaserJet M110we: Why am I not successful in connecting my new printer HP LaserJet M110we? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laserjet-m110we/f892052b-a6e9-4925-adb4-fdd782d885d9
  3. Cannot scan from HP LaserJet M479fdn

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot scan from HP LaserJet M479fdn: I purchased a new notebook with Windows 11 installed and I cannot scan a document from my HP Laser Jet M479fdn to the computer using a USB cable. It does not recognize that the cable is connected.I tried troubleshooting but still unable to scan. I can print from the computer...
  4. Cannot scan from HP LaserJet M479fdn

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot scan from HP LaserJet M479fdn: I purchased a new notebook with Windows 11 installed and I cannot scan a document from my HP Laser Jet M479fdn to the computer using a USB cable. It does not recognize that the cable is connected.I tried troubleshooting but still unable to scan. I can print from the computer...
  5. HP color laserjet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP color laserjet: Am trying to re-install my HP color laserjet pro M252dw with no success. Comp w/n find printer using wireless connection. Any help appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-color-laserjet/d90ea010-ac54-431b-9c76-f73389e30da8
  6. HP Printer Laserjet P4014n conectivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Printer Laserjet P4014n conectivity: I'm having trouble connecting my HP P4014n printer, it was working and stopped, I deleted and reinstalled the driver and deleted and reinstalled the printer....
  7. Trouble printing Office 365 documents on Windows 10 Pro with HP LaserJet 4000

Trouble printing Office 365 documents on Windows 10 Pro with HP LaserJet 4000: Wondering if anyone has a fix for Office 365 docs not printing on HP LaserJets? The laptop with the problem is an HP Elitebook running Windows 10 Pro. The other laptop, a Lenovo running Windows 10 Home, prints Office documents just fine. Do you suppose it's a driver...
  8. HP LASERJET 1020

HP LASERJET 1020: Hi, I have been using HP LaserJet 1020 for years and I used it with win 10 with no problems. Suddenly my computer does not see it. I spent hours trying to fix it with no success. HELP....
  9. HP laserjet 1320 not working Win 10 after Windows updates

HP laserjet 1320 not working Win 10 after Windows updates: our Black and White printer USB HP laserjet 1320 is not working and not recognized after Updates to Win 10 this past weekend. KB4480056 KB4476976 KB4470788 KB931906 were the windows updates. tried deleting the printer and re-installing it and it is not being...
  10. HP LaserJet P1102

HP LaserJet P1102: Hi. I have problem with printer after updating my system to windows 10 from 7. When i downloaded drivers from official web-site and installed them, my PC don`t see them. I triedto delete and download again(I deleted from device manager "HP EWS" and reboot device...