Windows 10: HP Laserjet P1006 will not print now

Discus and support HP Laserjet P1006 will not print now in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Upgraded to Windows 10 about three days ago, and now my HP Laserjet P1006 printer won't print.......keeps saying "error" .Went to HP's website and down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 300togo, Aug 27, 2015.

1. 300togo Win User

HP Laserjet P1006 will not print now

Upgraded to Windows 10 about three days ago, and now my HP Laserjet P1006 printer won't print.......keeps saying "error" .Went to HP's website and down loaded what I thought I needed to get it to print but still not printing. One thing anyone here should know about me is I'm not good at getting around on a computer........this old dog doesn't learn how to do things very well! Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

300togo, Aug 27, 2015

2. Printer won't print

I have an HP LaserJet P1006 printer but since upgrading to Windows 10 it has been unable to print.

The printer troubleshooter doesn't find anything and it says the drivers are up to date.

What should I do?

kathsampson, Aug 27, 2015
  3. Lenovous Win User
    printer problem laserjet p1006

sometimes laserjet p1006 will not print. seems an item is hung and will remain in the queue after trying to remove. while it is hung, nothing prints. have noticed that in devices, a printer queue is not present for the p1006 but after restart and hung
    msg is gone, the printer queue is present. is the absence of a printer queue the cause of the hung message?

Lenovous, Aug 27, 2015
  4. HP Laserjet P1006 will not print now

Look for your installed printers in devices,if your printer is there delete it turn on your printer and install new printer,see if it finds your printer. If it is not already installed again turn on printer and install new printer hope it now is again working.

digitalcurisity, Aug 27, 2015
  5. 300togo Win User
    Thanks .......not sure how to re install it, it's been awhile.....I'll be back either way, to let you know if it works.*Smile

300togo, Aug 27, 2015
  6. You don't have to do anything just connect the printer by USB or if you have WiFi turn it on,and in devices click on install new device,it will find the printer and install the needed drivers and you will now again have your printer.

7. 300togo Win User
    Digitalcuriosity........I think(?) I did what you said to do. I uninstalled ,(removed), it,(the printer), and plugged the USB plug in to my laptop, "turned on" my printer, looked up "devices" and clicked on "add a printer or scanner". It searched for awhile an come back saying it "couldn't find the printer I wanted". I tried printing a page and it said "error, printer couldn't print. Any Idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm going to try to print out something "again" an see if it now works. Another thing in "devises", it shows that the HP printer is there and apparently online....when I unplugged the usb cable , it said offline, plugged it back in and the offline went away.

300togo, Aug 27, 2015
  8. HP Laserjet P1006 will not print now

You may have to call your printers support,and ask if they have the needed drivers to,support Win10. If Win10 can't find your printer it is not supported at this time.

9. 300togo Win User
    I'll do that, but if they don't, are you saying my printer is now useless........if so, that's just wonderful.......(no smilie this time). I'll be back.

300togo, Aug 27, 2015
  10. No sometimes it takes Microsoft time to address some hardware items,many are fixed in upgrades but some are not. This is why you need to call your printer Mfg.s support they should have an answer.

11. 300togo Win User
    Well, I found a driver from HP on their website, downloaded it as per their instructions and now it works fine. Seems I found the answer snooping around, but thank you for your time trying to help...much appreciated....thank you! Glad I found this forum too! As dumb as I am at this stuff, you'll probably hear from me again!

300togo, Aug 27, 2015
  12. That is good news.

13. omers Win User

I've encountered the same problem. The simplest solution is to remove all existing drivers and install a new one. You can install the HP Laserjet P1006 drivers from the HP website, but if you can install more complex sounds simple HP Laserjet P1006 download sites available.

omers, Nov 12, 2015
  14. I had to deal with my HP Printer scanner for years and i just gave it all up with HP, i bought an EPSON WF-3640 and all my problems are now solved, it's not a high priced printer/scanner and was simple to setup and is well supported online with any needed drivers at their web page, also it works great my days of trying to get help from HP is in my past.

digitalcurisity, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. HP Laserjet P1006 will not print now - Similar Threads - Laserjet P1006 print

2. Driver HP LaserJet P1006 en windows 11 home S.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver HP LaserJet P1006 en windows 11 home S.: Como puedo instalar impresora HP LaserJet P1006 en windows 11 home S. Windows update no tiene el driver y el sistema no me permite instalar el driver de la pagina del fabricante...
  3. Driver HP LaserJet P1006 en windows 11 home S.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver HP LaserJet P1006 en windows 11 home S.: Como puedo instalar impresora HP LaserJet P1006 en windows 11 home S. Windows update no tiene el driver y el sistema no me permite instalar el driver de la pagina del fabricante...
  4. HP LASERJET 1007 PRINTER NOT PRINTING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP LASERJET 1007 PRINTER NOT PRINTING: Hello...I have recently updated my pc from windows 7 to windows 10.. PC is connected with HP LJ 1007 printer...Test print is ok but no print I get after giving print command....Many times driver and printer reinstalled..Checked Services.msc and found spooler and other print...
  5. My HP Laserjet P2035n will not print with Windows 10

My HP Laserjet P2035n will not print with Windows 10: My HP Laserjet P2035n will not print with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-laserjet-p2035n-will-not-print-with-windows/c8378a04-caaf-438b-a5a2-daa29a7b6e94
  6. Print Driver for HP LaserJet 1100A

Print Driver for HP LaserJet 1100A: Purchased new laptop and trying to find print driver for HP LaserJet 1100A. Old laptop is running Windows 10 and can print to my printer. HP help site does not have driver that will work with Windows 10. Microsoft provided the driver on my old laptop and I need to find a...
  7. HP Laserjet 1200 prints too light

HP Laserjet 1200 prints too light: Hello. I know this printer is ancient and slow but I don't know why it prints too light lately (black isn't black but gray). I have checked configuration and economode is turned off. I also reset settings. Any ideas? Maybe the cartrigde is almost empty or failing (but it...
  8. HP Laserjet p1102W not printing

HP Laserjet p1102W not printing: I got a new laptop loaded with Windows 10 Home in S mode. Is HP LaserJet P1102W compatible with this windows version? Why is it that in the devices and printers from the control panel shows the default printer is NPIA2B27BHP LaserJet Professional P1102w. Is this the reason...
  9. Print Drivver for HP LaserJet 6MP for Windows 10

Print Drivver for HP LaserJet 6MP for Windows 10: I'm trying to install a very old HP printer, HP LaserJet 6MP, on my Windows 10 machine. Can anyone suggest a generic or specific print driver that would install on Windows 10 and a safe place to download it from?...
  10. HP LaserJet 3050 Scanner Not Recognized (Printing works)

HP LaserJet 3050 Scanner Not Recognized (Printing works): I just upgraded from 7 to 10 and now I cannot scan on my HP LaserJet 3050. The 3050 is recognized as a printer and I can print fine, but it is not recognized as a scanner. I have tried Windows Fax and Scan to no avail. I have the original install disk, but it will not install...