Windows 10: HP LaserJet Pro M401dn Printing Crashes Program, Stuck Spooling

Discus and support HP LaserJet Pro M401dn Printing Crashes Program, Stuck Spooling in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having the worst problem, and nothing I have been able to do has solved it. I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 x64 on my work computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dEaFTOLiGhT, Jun 5, 2016.

1. HP LaserJet Pro M401dn Printing Crashes Program, Stuck Spooling

I am having the worst problem, and nothing I have been able to do has solved it. I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 x64 on my work computer. My printer is directly connected via USB. I installed the latest drivers from HP (located here). At first, it failed, and I found I had to disable Smart Install for it to complete. So I uninstalled completely, and reinstalled. It prints the first one or two times, but then my problem arises. Whenever I try to print, whichever program I am printing from crashes, and in the "see what's printing" window, it is stuck on Spooling. I've tried everything, such as restarting the spooler, uninstalling and reinstalling again (and checking Print Management to make sure the drivers were completely gone), and even updating to the latest firmware 20160224. HP Print and Scan Doctor doesn't help at all. I've uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times since, but nothing works. The last time I uninstalled, I rebooted, and I think Windows 10 automatically found the printer, but it still gives me the same problem. I'd like to add that I can print to other printers in the office fine.

Here's the oddest thing: Before I did a clean install of Windows 10, I was on an upgrade. The printer worked fine then, and I believe I used the same drivers as the latest ones here at HP's site. Can anyone help me? This is extremely frustrating, as I cannot print.

:)

dEaFTOLiGhT, Jun 5, 2016
  2. jk9945 Win User

Cannot uncheck PAUSE Print Windows 10, PC laptop on MAC server

I have read all the 'uncheck print pause' posts but I still cannot print. Please help (and be patient with me as I am a Mac person on a steep PC learning curve)

I have an HP LaserJet P1606dn printer connected to a Mac network. Just bought a new HP laptop, installed Bonjour, it found the HP Laserjet on the network, and installed.

I downloaded the printer driver from the HP support site. When I go to print on the HP Laserjet, it spools then won't print. I click on Printer, Pause Printing is checked - but I cannot uncheck it. Stuck. Deleted the document, tried to print a test page.
    No change. Nothing seems to uncheck the Pause Printing option.

I have uninstalled and re-installed. Restarted. No change.

jk9945, Jun 5, 2016
  3. BrentHoak Win User
    Printer not working after updating computer to windows 10

Same issue here one one computer only. Two other Windows 7 machines upgraded and printers worked with no problems. HP M401dns network computers. Windows says Driver not available and keeps killing the print spool and Remote Task services when trying to
    install.

BrentHoak, Jun 5, 2016
Thema:

HP LaserJet Pro M401dn Printing Crashes Program, Stuck Spooling

1. HP LaserJet Pro M401dn Printing Crashes Program, Stuck Spooling - Similar Threads - LaserJet Pro M401dn

2. Sudden print issue from Windows 10 to HP LaserJet Pro M125

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden print issue from Windows 10 to HP LaserJet Pro M125: I have a customer who owns the LaserJet Pro MFP M125nw, and it just quit printing from one computer. She had it connected via USB, so I downloaded and installed the latest software. No matter how many different times I removed and installed it, the printer would not print...
  3. HP LASERJET 1007 PRINTER NOT PRINTING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP LASERJET 1007 PRINTER NOT PRINTING: Hello...I have recently updated my pc from windows 7 to windows 10.. PC is connected with HP LJ 1007 printer...Test print is ok but no print I get after giving print command....Many times driver and printer reinstalled..Checked Services.msc and found spooler and other print...
  4. Print Driver for HP LaserJet 1100A

Print Driver for HP LaserJet 1100A: Purchased new laptop and trying to find print driver for HP LaserJet 1100A. Old laptop is running Windows 10 and can print to my printer. HP help site does not have driver that will work with Windows 10. Microsoft provided the driver on my old laptop and I need to find a...
  5. print spooling problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    print spooling problems: hi i am having the print spooling problems after the update. i tried to download the fix but the problem persists, my version is 10.0.18363 build 18363, until the update i had no printing issues...
  6. HP Laserjet 1200 prints too light

HP Laserjet 1200 prints too light: Hello. I know this printer is ancient and slow but I don't know why it prints too light lately (black isn't black but gray). I have checked configuration and economode is turned off. I also reset settings. Any ideas? Maybe the cartrigde is almost empty or failing (but it...
  7. HP laserjet pro M402dn wont print- says "supply memory error"

HP laserjet pro M402dn wont print- says "supply memory error": how do I resolve this issue? I have unplugged, restarted, canceled pending documents and the error on screen still shows "supply memory error" I cant "X" out or go back, wont allow to print a test page or anything.....
  8. Print spool

Print spool: Since upgrading to Windows 10, the print spool doesn't clear. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spool/c8e55deb-d98c-4e2c-8efe-726d29334411
  9. HP Laserjet p1102W not printing

HP Laserjet p1102W not printing: I got a new laptop loaded with Windows 10 Home in S mode. Is HP LaserJet P1102W compatible with this windows version? Why is it that in the devices and printers from the control panel shows the default printer is NPIA2B27BHP LaserJet Professional P1102w. Is this the reason...
  10. HP Laserjet P1006 will not print now

HP Laserjet P1006 will not print now: Upgraded to Windows 10 about three days ago, and now my HP Laserjet P1006 printer won't print.......keeps saying "error" .Went to HP's website and down loaded what I thought I needed to get it to print but still not printing. One thing anyone here should know about me is I'm...