Windows 10: HP Officejet 3620 Scanner won't connect, Printer works fine

Discus and support HP Officejet 3620 Scanner won't connect, Printer works fine in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Your chipset is recent, so the newest driver from Intel should work. Go at Intel's site and then click Menu -> Support -> Downloads and drivers ->... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lekden, Oct 16, 2015.

1. spapakons Win User

HP Officejet 3620 Scanner won't connect, Printer works fine

Your chipset is recent, so the newest driver from Intel should work. Go at Intel's site and then click Menu -> Support -> Downloads and drivers -> Browse for Drivers. In Find by category, select 1) Software, 2) Chipset software, 3) Intel chipset software installation utility and click find. Then select the second result which is the latest chipset software. On next page you will notice two versions of the driver. One is executable (EXE) and the other is compressed (ZIP). Since you want to extract and use the files manually, download the ZIP version. Then open it and extract all the files to a folder. First try to run setup. Since the driver version is newer than what you have currently installed, it will proceed to update all drivers. The other downloads didn't work because the installer quits if a newer version is already installed. Then restart your computer. If you still have a problem (should not have) you can manually browse to the folder from Device manager.

I hope that helps.

spapakons, Oct 23, 2015
  2. Lekden Win User

Thanks for trying to help, but, no, that doesn't help.

The drivers you pointed me toward - which, arguably, Intel says are "Latest," are not the latest. I have 10.1.1.12 installed, which were released a few months after the ones from that page(10.0.27). I downloaded to install them anyway, and when I ran it the installer said, "You have a newer chipset installed, would you like to downgrade?"

I did a manual install of the 10.1.1.12 from the website I linked above, thinking maybe Windows automatic update settings were off, and when they installed they did ask for a restart of the machine (unlike when I had tried to install the older drivers) but nothing changed, everything is the same and everything listed the same.

In the meantime, in addition to having the scan not work on a Windows 7 64bit machine, I connected the printer to the network, and have the same damn problem. It prints fine. When I try to scan, using the webpage interface, it says "Printer Busy, try again later." When I try to scan using the interface on the printer itself as before it shows my computer then just says it cannot connect.

So I am at a loss. I bought the machine for as a low cost automatic duplex printer that also had a low per page cost, and it having the scanner was just a bonus... So I guess it just wasnt meant to be...

Lekden, Oct 23, 2015
  3. spapakons Win User
    This shows us that there is no problem with the drivers. The problem is with the printer software. Forget scanning with the TWAIN interface. Try to scan in WIA mode using Windows scan application. Or even try to produce a photocopy. If you can produce a photocopy, scanner works, hardware is OK, so you should focus on software. In worst case you can try third-party utilities such as Vuescan. Question: Have you tried running the scanner software in Windows 8 or 7 compatibility mode? It may work. You have to browse at C:\Program Files\HP or Hewlett-Packard folder and find all EXE files (executables). Then set compatibility to Windows 7 and also check the Run as Administrator box and see if this makes any difference.

spapakons, Oct 23, 2015
  4. Lekden Win User

I had tried all of those things, all three programs, all in Admin mode and in compatibility mode, nothing....

But it has since been fixed...

A HP technician came to my house. He opened up the machine, made some adjustments, now it works. I wasn't here, a friend was, but when I spoke with him on the phone and asked what he did, his answer was, "It is all new parts, completely new product, I did not replace anything but sometimes foreign matter gets inside." That was his complete explanation. So... yeah...

anyway, thanks to everyone for their help, sorry to lead everyone down a software rabbit hole when it turned out to be hardware!

(Of course, since updating my chipset my computer will no longer wake from sleep mode or hibernation mode, and rolling back the drivers didn't do anything. So I have a whole new set of forum threads to peruse, yeah!)

Lekden, Oct 27, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    So I guess some dirt blocked the function of the scanner or the communication with the PC and the Technician just cleaned the device? I recently had a similar issue with my Creative Audigy audio card. It suddenly got muted. I could see the sound level when I had the volume control open and playing a sound, but no sound came out of the speakers! I was trying installing/uninstalling drivers and finally thought it had gone bad and should be replaced. I disconnected the card and kept the computer off for a few minutes. I also used a cloth to clean the golden connectors. I then installed it again for a final test and taaa-daa! It worked! Now I have no other issues!

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. HP Officejet 3620 Scanner won't connect, Printer works fine - Similar Threads - Officejet 3620 Scanner

2. HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?: I connected my HP officejet 8025 all-in-one printer to my PC with Windows 11, but the scanner did not connect. How do I connect the scanner?...
  3. HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?: I connected my HP officejet 8025 all-in-one printer to my PC with Windows 11, but the scanner did not connect. How do I connect the scanner?...
  4. HP Officejet 3830 scanner problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Officejet 3830 scanner problems: I was trying to scan a document to my computer, but it will not work. It says "The scan could not be completed. Make sure that the scanning software has been installed and configured on your computer, and then try again." But I'm not sure how to figure out if its configured....
  5. connect to epson mf 3620 scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connect to epson mf 3620 scanner: i am having trouble connecting my epson mf 3620 scanner to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-to-epson-mf-3620-scanner/ef0ac817-c052-4f4b-bfa1-a90bf38d4bd8
  6. HP Scanner 3830 officejet can't connect

HP Scanner 3830 officejet can't connect: My HP Officejet 3830 cannot find my computer Surface Pro printer connected scanner states no computer found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-scanner-3830-officejet-cant-connect/eb1e8505-6a84-41ba-97bc-7f30f1b63ea4
  7. Printer works but scanner won't connect

Printer works but scanner won't connect: My printer works with windows 10, but the scanner won't. Using windows scan I get a meesage "unable to connect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-works-but-scanner-wont-connect/258b8190-cc5d-4a31-84ef-028605ac5d0f
  8. HP Officejet printer scanner 6962

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP Officejet printer scanner 6962: I haven't used our printer/scanner in a while. I had to scan some info for taxes, thinking it would be simple task I scanned the documents and saved them to my computer only to find when I went to retrieve the saved documents the first document had been saved 20 copies....
  9. HP Officejet printer won't install

HP Officejet printer won't install: I have a Dell Inspiron 17 1700 series computer with Windows 10 64 bit. With the update earlier in March, my HP Officejet 6960 Printer stopped working on my computer, but the only mine. My husband's computer and my Surface used for work are fine. I can use them to print and...
  10. Hp Officejet Pro 8600 Premium. Scanner not working.

Hp Officejet Pro 8600 Premium. Scanner not working.: Posting here because I do not see a forum for printers. Cannot scan from printer or pc. I have the windows 10 drivers from hp installed and device manager detects all hp printer drivers. Any one else have this issue, and or solution. Henry 56224