Windows 10: HP OfficeJet 8610 Requires Admin Privileges to Print (W10 Pro)

Discus and support HP OfficeJet 8610 Requires Admin Privileges to Print (W10 Pro) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So a few months ago, I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro (I did a clean install, not an upgrade). My HP OfficeJet Pro 8610, which worked without issue with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jyushinx, Mar 15, 2016.

1. jyushinx Win User

HP OfficeJet 8610 Requires Admin Privileges to Print (W10 Pro)

So a few months ago, I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro (I did a clean install, not an upgrade). My HP OfficeJet Pro 8610, which worked without issue with my previous OS (8.1 Pro), is not working properly with Windows 10.

After lots of tinkering, I narrowed down the issue to this: with certain applications (like Office 2016 and Adobe Acrobat), I am unable to print UNLESS I am running the program with admin privileges. When I do try to print without admin privileges, a few different things happen. If it's Word or Acrobat, nothing happens. It shows up in the print queue for a split second and then just disappears. If it's Excel, I get an error saying it was unable to print. Strangely enough, I am able to print via Notepad without running as an admin.

I've tried the HP Forums which were zero help. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. I've tried HP's drivers. I've let Microsoft install drivers through Windows Update. I've tried the Print and Scan Doctor (no issues detected).

I've been getting by simply running all these apps as an admin, but it's really annoying me that I have to do that and would prefer to get to the bottom of it.

Any thoughts?

:)

jyushinx, Mar 15, 2016

2. Windows 10 - Update error - Hewlett-Packard - Other hardware, Printer - Null Print - HP Officejet Pro 8610 - Erro 0x800f020b

My Windows update is giving two errors;

i) Hewlett-Packard - Other hardware, Printer - Null Print - HP Officejet Pro 8610 - Erro 0x800f020b

ii) HP - Other hardware, Printer - Null Fax - HP Officejet Pro 8610 - Erro 0x80070490

Anyone can help me, please?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Alexandre Dias Lopes, Mar 15, 2016
  3. Ever since I upgraded to windows 10 my Hp officejet pro 8620 will not actvate. I have tried wireless and a printer cable. The printer will not activate HP OFFICEJET PRO8620

This worked for me with an HP officejet 8610 so it might for similar models as well.

After trying many other things in addition to uninstalling and reinstalling complete driver package, the solution for me after was to go to Printer Properties, Advanced, New Driver go through the wizard and choose HP and then Officejet
    Pro 8600 Class. I think the problem is the driver that HP is providing for the Officejet Pro 8610 -- it just doesn't work with Windows 10. After changing to the Officejet Pro 8600 Class printing started working. Didn't try scanning because user didn't
    need it.

compmunkey, Mar 15, 2016
  4. HP OfficeJet 8610 Requires Admin Privileges to Print (W10 Pro)

When you uninstalled the drivers did you not uninstall it completely from Programs and Features.
    Make sure all traces of it has gone.
    Then if you had a disc with it insert and run that.
    When advised to either connect your cable from printer to a USB point;
    If WI-FI then follow what comes up.
    Once completely installed then remove the disc,
    If no disc came with it
    Then download the settings from the HP Site making sure it is the settings from the Model you have
    Then again follow what comes up
    Please keep us informed how you get on

hTconeM9user, Mar 15, 2016
  5. jyushinx Win User
    Unfortunately this is exactly what I've tried multiple times. I ensured that the software was COMPLETELY removed multiple times. I went through Programs and Features, as well as doing a more detailed removal following instructions online.

I also definitely installed the proper drivers from the HP website for my printer model. The drivers install without issue and the software sees the printer when I tell it to connect wirelessly. Then, once installed, the printer is shown as active and connected in Devices and Printers.

When I go to print however, I run into the problem exactly as described.

jyushinx, Mar 15, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    It probably means nothing relevant at all........
    What if you connect printer and computer with a cable ? Do you still need to enable " run as admin " ?

davidhk, Mar 15, 2016
  7. Once you have Word open
    Then try this below
    Go to the 3 dots up in top right hand corner
    Scroll down to Print
    That will open up your printer
    Where you should be able to print without Admin Privileges

hTconeM9user, Mar 15, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

@jyushinx
    Although it means very little, what browser do you use ?

davidhk, Mar 15, 2016
  9. jyushinx Win User
    @davidhk

I will try to connect it via USB and see if that changes anything.

As for a browser, I mainly use Chrome, but occasionally Firefox or IE.

@hTconeM9user

I don't know what three dots you're referring to. I'm attaching a screen cap of Word open, so if you can indicate what you're talking about, I will try it. However, I don't understand why printing via a different mechanism within word would have any impact at all on the issue.

HP OfficeJet 8610 Requires Admin Privileges to Print (W10 Pro) [​IMG]

jyushinx, Mar 15, 2016
  10. Ok I have had a look at mine how it is set up
    On Start button
    Right Click
    Then Control Panel
    Then Drivers and Printer
    Scroll down to find your Printer
    Click on it
    Then click on Customise your Printer
    Then Security
    Then highlight
    Everyone
    Click Apply
    Then OK

That should now allow you to print without having to use Admin

hTconeM9user, Mar 16, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    Thank you.
    No. Browser has nothing to do with you problem. I was just asking.
    I am afraid I am of no help to you.
    I could only speculate that there was some issue with the wireless connection.
    Hence my asking of cable connection.

davidhk, Mar 16, 2016
  12. fireberd Win User
    I have an 8620, which should work the same way. I just installed the defaults from the HP install program.
    Here is the Properties, Security section for my printer. I've blocked out my name.

HP OfficeJet 8610 Requires Admin Privileges to Print (W10 Pro) [​IMG]

fireberd, Mar 16, 2016
  13. HP OfficeJet 8610 Requires Admin Privileges to Print (W10 Pro)

That is how mine is set out same as yours

hTconeM9user, Mar 16, 2016
  14. davidhk Win User
    jyushinx,

What is your current issue.
    Same issue still persisting ?

davidhk, Mar 16, 2016
  15. jyushinx Win User
    I have verified that the security settings for Everyone is set to "Print" for the printer. This does not fix the issue unfortunately.

I have also tried connecting the printer via USB and the exact same problem occurs.

jyushinx, Mar 16, 2016
Thema:

1. HP OfficeJet 8610 Requires Admin Privileges to Print (W10 Pro) - Similar Threads - OfficeJet 8610 Requires

2. Outlook 2019 emails won't print to HP Officejet Pro 8610 but all other programs print.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook 2019 emails won't print to HP Officejet Pro 8610 but all other programs print.: Windows 10 64bitOutlook 2019Emails won't print to HP Officejet Pro 8610. They printed the day before.The printer screen says "Canceling print". You can hear the printer starting then stopping.There are no prints in the print queue but all other programs on the computer print...
  3. Outlook 2019 emails won't print to HP Officejet Pro 8610 but all other programs print.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 2019 emails won't print to HP Officejet Pro 8610 but all other programs print.: Windows 10 64bitOutlook 2019Emails won't print to HP Officejet Pro 8610. They printed the day before.The printer screen says "Canceling print". You can hear the printer starting then stopping.There are no prints in the print queue but all other programs on the computer print...
  4. Outlook 2019 emails won't print to HP Officejet Pro 8610 but all other programs print.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 will not print in color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 will not print in color: After installing Windows 11, my HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 will not print in color. Only gives me a choice of grayscale or monochrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-officejet-pro-8610-will-not-print-in-color/ce8d6cf8-14d9-49a9-b173-ac662ea0112b
  6. HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 will not print in color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 will not print in color: After installing Windows 11, my HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 will not print in color. Only gives me a choice of grayscale or monochrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-officejet-pro-8610-will-not-print-in-color/ce8d6cf8-14d9-49a9-b173-ac662ea0112b
  7. HP officejet pro 8610 printer offline

HP officejet pro 8610 printer offline: How can I get my HP office Pro 8610 printer back online?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-officejet-pro-8610-printer-offline/e5e3a163-fadc-4c4d-92e3-b93f868e25b1
  8. HP Officejet Pro 8610 The Copy feature has been disabled.

HP Officejet Pro 8610 The Copy feature has been disabled.: HP Officejet Pro 8610 The Copy feature has been disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-officejet-pro-8610-the-copy-feature-has-been/7267d708-4097-42eb-90e7-515dc8cb3543
  9. Some W10 Update is preventing my HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 from working!

Some W10 Update is preventing my HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 from working!: Ouch! My HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 working wirelessly, stopped working. What a coincidence after the 1809 upgrade! I went to HP's support site hoping to upgrade the software package but noticed that it wasn't updated. Printer is just out of warranty and they wouldn't help me....
  10. Some W10 Update is preventing my HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 from working!

in Windows 10 Support
    Some W10 Update is preventing my HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 from working!: Ouch! My HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 working wirelessly, stopped working. What a coincidence after the 1809 upgrade! I went to HP's support site hoping to upgrade the software package but noticed that it wasn't updated. Printer is just out of warranty and they wouldn't help me....