Windows 10: HP P7 Desktop Very Slow to Boot from USB or CD

Discus and support HP P7 Desktop Very Slow to Boot from USB or CD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an HP P7 desktop, 6GB of memory that I'm working on. When I boot from SSD it boots normally. If I try to boot from CD or USB it can take for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Caledon Ken, Jul 12, 2018.

1. HP P7 Desktop Very Slow to Boot from USB or CD

I have an HP P7 desktop, 6GB of memory that I'm working on. When I boot from SSD it boots normally.

If I try to boot from CD or USB it can take for ever. To boot Macrium it took over 45 minutes, two different USB thumb drives on two different USB 2 ports connect to Motherboard. Booting UEFI.

I gave up on CD, it must take hours.

Ran diagnostics, no issues.

You can see the indicator light on USB key, it comes on, reads for a second, goes off 5-7 secs, comes on, goes off, repetitively.

It will eventually boot but 45 minutes is ridiculous.

Any ideas as to what is causing this?

Thanks

:)

Caledon Ken, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

HP P7 Desktop Very Slow to Boot from USB or CD nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Jul 12, 2018
  3. D-rock Win User
    Help with USB Boot Image

I am trying to boot from my USB flash drive. I followed the instructions step for step that are in the article on this website. I downloaded the HP program and the USB Image zip file. I ran the HP flash program and pointed it to the folder where I unzipped the USB Image files to. I then copied all the files over to the USB memory stick as instructed. When I restart my computer and press F12 to go to the boot menu I have 3 options: SATA hard drive, CD-ROM drive, or USB Device. So I choose USB device and when it reads the USB memory stick all I get is the error "Non-system disk, replace and hit any key" Its like the USB memory is missing some system files or it doesnt have the master boot record or something. Somebody please HELP!!! I want to flash the bios in a new video card and I have to boot to DOS and I dont have a floppy drive and I have Win XP so a USB boot is probably the best option I have.

D-rock, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Swapna S Win User

HP P7 Desktop Very Slow to Boot from USB or CD

Unable to boot into the Desktop on HP Pavilion 20-b014

Hi Tophy,

Thank you for performing the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue from your end.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating.

This issue might occur, if there is an issue with hardware and drivers.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions:

• Are you referring to HP Pavilion Laptop or Desktop?

• Did you try reaching BIOS using external keyboard (if you are using Laptop)?
    Please follow below mentioned methods to resolve the issue:

Method 1:
    If you are using HP Pavilion
    Laptop.

Please Connect to External keyboard and try below mentioned steps:

• Restart Laptop and click any function keys
      Like F2, F10, ESC, or DEL key to begin the BIOS Setup.
    • Look for a tab in the BIOS Setup Utility that is labeled
      Boot Order, Boot Options, or Boot. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to go to the
      Boot Order, then press Enter.
    • Locate the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive (this might be called Removable Device) in the Boot list. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to move the drive up so that it appears first in the Boot list. Press
      Enter. The boot order sequence is now changed to boot from the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.
    • Press F10 to save your changes and to
      exit the BIOS Setup Utility. Select Yes in the confirmation window. The PC will restart. Allow the PC to restart normally. The scan will take a few minutes and remove any malware that may be infecting your computer.
    • Now, download Windows 10 from below link.https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
    • From above link, navigate to option “Using media creation tool”->”Perform a clean installation using USB or DVD” and follow steps from
      step 3.
    Note: Clean Installation will delete all your files and programs.

Method 2:
    If you are using HP Pavilion Desktop.

If you are having spare keyboard, connect to your desktop and check if that works.

If the issue still persists, please contact the HP support for further assistance with the issue. Refer to below link to contact HP support.

Contact HP Customer Support for HP Pavilion 20-b014 All-in-One Desktop PC | HP® Customer Support

Disclaimer:

• Be careful when changing BIOS settings. The BIOS interface is designed for advanced users, and it's possible to change a setting that could prevent your computer from starting correctly.

• Updating BIOS should only be done if necessary (to solve a compatibility problem, for example). It can be a complicated process, and if an error occurs, your computer could be rendered inoperable. Be sure
      to follow the manufacturer's instructions exactly.
    Please get back to us, if you are still facing issue with Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

HP P7 Desktop Very Slow to Boot from USB or CD

1. HP P7 Desktop Very Slow to Boot from USB or CD - Similar Threads - Desktop Very Slow

2. HP Model # P7 - 1010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Model # P7 - 1010: Is my HP P7 - 1010 able to have windows 10 installed on it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-model-p7-1010/45347766-cee4-43c3-b30f-0d199fe4ace4
  3. HP Model # P7 - 1010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Model # P7 - 1010: Is my HP P7 - 1010 able to have windows 10 installed on it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-model-p7-1010/45347766-cee4-43c3-b30f-0d199fe4ace4
  4. Booting is very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Booting is very slow: Hello, My laptop taking around 6-7 minutes to boot. I have tried all possible fix like reinstall of Windows with both local install and cloud download , Disk cleanup and defragment, switching off superfetch, turned off hibernation, cleaning up registry editor. Nothing worked...
  5. Booting is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting is very slow: Hello, My laptop taking around 6-7 minutes to boot. I have tried all possible fix like reinstall of Windows with both local install and cloud download , Disk cleanup and defragment, switching off superfetch, turned off hibernation, cleaning up registry editor. Nothing worked...
  6. Boot is very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot is very slow: Hi I have a problem with my PC. I've recently updated my windows using windows settings.Everything is fine but my PC boots very slow after updating. I disabled apps with high impact in startup settings and I also reset my PC but nothing changed. I changed the boot...
  7. HP P7 Desktop Very Slow to Boot from USB or CD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP P7 Desktop Very Slow to Boot from USB or CD: I have an HP P7 desktop, 6GB of memory that I'm working on. When I boot from SSD it boots normally. If I try to boot from CD or USB it can take for ever. To boot Macrium it took over 45 minutes, two different USB thumb drives on two different USB 2 ports connect to...
  8. Very Slow to Boot

Very Slow to Boot: Hi, since the latest upgrade to Windows 10 1803, my computer is taking approximately four to five times longer to boot, than before. Is this normal? 110711
  9. Very slow boot, no usb

Very slow boot, no usb: I just upgraded my i7, 8GB ram laptop to Windows 10 and really need help. Booting up, shutting down, and restarting are extremely slow. This laptop previously had Windows 7 and booted up much faster. I've looked at the startup folder and it is empty. I'm ready to give up and...
  10. Very Slow Boot

Very Slow Boot: Until yesterday (New Updates) i have Very Slow Boot and Installed Applications needs so much time to opens. I have Intel Core i5 4670K, SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250GB and 8 GB RAM. Yesterday Computer works normally until today. 9131