Windows 10: HP Pavilion desktops headphone and microphone input

Discus and support HP Pavilion desktops headphone and microphone input in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; All the HP pavilion desktops I've come across seem to have only a headphone jack at the front of the tower and a microphone jack at the back of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mnsdfhrug, Jul 15, 2017.

1. mnsdfhrug Win User

HP Pavilion desktops headphone and microphone input

All the HP pavilion desktops I've come across seem to have only a headphone jack at the front of the tower and a microphone jack at the back of the tower. I plan on using typical headphones with an audio output and microphone but due to this design I can't. Is there something I'm missing and I can actually use those headphones with a mic or is this just horrible design by HP?

:)

mnsdfhrug, Jul 15, 2017

2. MS LifeChat LX 3000 microphone not working

I have been using this microphone with Windows 10 without any problem, I just replace my desktop for a HP Pavillion 570 p059 DT; now the headphones work but not the microphone

angelrosa-les, Jul 15, 2017
  3. RonRod606 Win User
    Have a Audio-Technica ATR-4750 microphone which is not recognized on my desktop HP-Pavilion p1227c. Would like to use Cortana in Win10

Have a Audio-Technica ATR-4750 microphone which is not recognized on my desktop HP-Pavilion p1227c. Would like to use Cortana in Win10.

Thank you for any help.

RonRod606, Jul 15, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Not yet clear what you are experiencing and need more clarification.
    There are HP ports for audio in/out and there are HP ports that are audio only in and audio only out.
    The business models more often have one port for audio.
    At computer stores or Amazon there are adapters so you can use headsets on computers with different ports.

zbook, Jul 15, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    If you don't have a setup like this:

HP Pavilion desktops headphone and microphone input [​IMG]

you may need extension cables or a usb adapter.

Edwin, Jul 15, 2017
  6. mnsdfhrug Win User

• USB 2.0: 2
    • LAN (Ethernet)
    • HDMI out
    • USB 3.0: 2
    • Audio: Line in
    • Audio: Line out
    • Audio: Microphone
    Here are photos of the front and back of one of the HP pavilion desktops. As seen on the front, you can only plug in headphones, but not microphone so I can't use that. Looking at the back, I'm not sure what audio line in and line out means. Microphone can probably work with slot 7 but I'm not sure about the headphones.

I need the headphone and microphone ports to be very close to each other, so I can plug in a typical headset.

mnsdfhrug, Jul 15, 2017
  7. Edwin New Member
    Is the icon on the front of your machine a headphone icon:

or a headset icon:

If it's a headset icon, you may be able to use a dual 3 zone to 4 zone adapter:

Edwin, Jul 15, 2017
  8. mnsdfhrug Win User

It appears to be a headset icon. So it could work but I need an adatper. What about the ports on the back? Can headphone be plugged into audio "line out" (port 6) and microphone into port 7 (refer to image above)

mnsdfhrug, Jul 15, 2017
  9. Edwin New Member
    Yes, however, it will still register as speakers and will be 'Line Level' so check your Volume beforehand so as not to damage your ears!

Yes, as long as your sound card will support it.

Edwin, Jul 15, 2017
  10. mnsdfhrug Win User
    Thanks.

mnsdfhrug, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. HP Pavilion desktops headphone and microphone input - Similar Threads - Pavilion desktops headphone

2. hp pavilion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp pavilion: Hello, Windows. I am trying to get an HP Pavilion for Christmas. But I have 2 questions. Is the HP Pavilion a windows computer and does it allow video games like games from Steam?Thank you so much, Ryan Ball....
  3. hp pavilion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hp pavilion: Hello, Windows. I am trying to get an HP Pavilion for Christmas. But I have 2 questions. Is the HP Pavilion a windows computer and does it allow video games like games from Steam?Thank you so much, Ryan Ball....
  4. Microphone not working - HP pavilion - Star wars edition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working - HP pavilion - Star wars edition: Hi Everyone, First time posting, but long-standing issues with the Mic in my laptop. I'm not sure whether I haven't set it up properly or what, but no matter what microphone I use, the result is always a faint / very quiet output on my end. I can hear other people just fine...
  5. Microphone Input Issue with Headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Input Issue with Headphones: [ATTACH] There is just no input after selecting my headphones as the source. It doesn't even show the bar, which it does if I chose my normal pc mic. Tried to troubleshoot, no result....
  6. hp pavilion windows 10 headphone jack

in Windows 10 Customization
    hp pavilion windows 10 headphone jack: i bought a new hp pavilion x360 the headphone jack isnt working and it wont even fit for the whole jack to go all the way in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-windows-10-headphone-jack/c75edf22-a53d-436b-9790-dd55a0c73164
  7. HP Pavilion HPE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Pavilion HPE: When I turn my HP Pavilion HPE on, it immediately says "HP start up menu" If I hit the F9 button rapidly, it sends me to a screen with a blue menu with the heading "Please select boot device" What "boot device" do I select that allows me to do a systems recovery or a...
  8. Microphone Problem - HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10

in Cortana
    Microphone Problem - HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10: I have an HP Pavilion 15-cs1067nr with Windows 10, received September, 2019. The microphone has never worked. Cortana can't hear me and in Zoom meetings no one can hear me. I can hear other attendees but no one is hearing me. I know I'm not muted. I tried mic setup and...
  9. Microphone Ptoblem - HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10

in Cortana
    Microphone Ptoblem - HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10: I have an HP Pavilion 15-cs1067nr with Windows 10, received September, 2019. The microphone has never worked. Cortana can't hear me and in Zoom meetings no one can hear me. I can hear other attendees but no one is hearing me. I know I'm not muted. I tried mic setup and...
  10. HP pavilion laptop HDMI input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP pavilion laptop HDMI input: can I connect a xbox 360 to my HP pavilion laptop, does it have HDMI input? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-laptop-hdmi-input/f488f931-d21c-4e7b-a3ea-34ea1d9c93aa

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headphone input hp pavilion

2. where to plug in microphone on HP2010

3. how to plug headphones in hp pavilion

4. where to plug in cortana on a hp pavillion 550-230 tower,
  5. does the HP Pavillion 570 come with a built in mic?,
  6. how to switch from microphone to headphone on the pavilion flagship HP