Windows 10: HP Photosmart help

Discus and support HP Photosmart help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Does anyone know if Windows 10 will now work with a HP Photosmart 385 printer? When I first went to Windows 10 in August my 385 would not work. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by snikr, Oct 19, 2015.

1. snikr Win User

HP Photosmart help

Does anyone know if Windows 10 will now work with a HP Photosmart 385 printer? When I first went to Windows 10 in August my 385 would not work. I rolled back to 7 and everything was fine (I could use the 385 as a card reader and send photos over via USB cable to print, can't do those things in 10). I have other posts on this site going back to when I first had my "issues" with the 385 and Windows 10, but no real solutions.

:)

snikr, Oct 19, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

installing an older printer on windows 10

Does HP support the Photosmart 7660 on Windows 10?

If HP supports the Photosmart 7660 on Windows 10, they will help you get it working properly.

If HP does not support the Photosmart 7660 on Windows 10, it's not going to work on Windows 10.

BulldogXX, Oct 19, 2015
  3. mobile messages setup accounts

photosmart mobile

HP help and support

HP iPAQ quickstart

HP iPAQ tips

this is all!

Vincent Spruytte, Oct 19, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

HP Photosmart help

Well, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 and my HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-one would not work. At first I couldn't install the driver, it failed with a message that it cannot be installed at the moment. Eventually I gave up and was browsing the internet for some time. Meanwhile Windows Updates had downloaded and installed some updates. At next restart my printer worked with the original drivers without any problem! Maybe some system devices need updating. So run Windows Update and then see if your problem is fixed. Worst case would be to uninstall the HP software and reinstall it, but hopefully it won't be necessary.

spapakons, Oct 20, 2015
  5. Clint Win User
  6. bro67 Win User
    It was EOL after XP. You got lucky to be able to get it to work with 7. Time to upgrade. If you are not doing photos, get a Laser Printer. You can always send photos that you want developed to the local Walgreen's or CVS and pick them up. A whole lot cheaper then buying ink cartridges and having them dry out on you all of the time.

I went with the Brother HL-2280DW, because I got tired of throwing out cartridges from only printing once maybe every 4 months. Laser prices are coming down big time, since Ink Jets are now becoming a Dinosaur.

bro67, Oct 20, 2015
  7. spapakons Win User
    It's never late! I have an old HP Deskjet 895Cxi printer (Windows 95 era) and it still works in Windows 7 and later with drivers from Windows Update! Yes, I cannot use all features (quality settings, papers etc) as in the old Windows 2000 and XP HP driver, but at least I can print, as long as I find compatible inks, that is. Yes, original inks are too expensive to buy and especially for rather old models it is not worth it! I see no quality difference between original and compatible inks.

For your HP Photosmart 385 model, I'm afraid there is no HP driver for Vista or later, only XP. You can try that in compatibility mode, but it should work only for 32-bit Windows. If you have 64-bit Windows it might not work as I don't know if the installer contains drivers for Windows XP x64 as well. For Vista and later HP recommends using Windows Update to get the driver. If you want you can manually search for a Microsoft driver at Microsoft Update Catalog but the search engine there is tricky to use for multiple keywords. If you search for photosmart 385 it will show everything for photosmart and everything for 385. Don't even think about searching for Windows 10, it will show you all Windows 10 drivers! So unless you have the patience to find the driver manually, try Windows Update first.

EDIT: I found it! Fortunately is at the first page when searching for Photosmart. Click the Add button next to Microsoft driver update for HP Photosmart 380 Series to add it to the cart (it's free, don't worry). Then scroll up and click the Show cart button top right. Now you should be able to download it.

spapakons, Oct 20, 2015
  8. snikr Win User

HP Photosmart help

Thank you Clint & spapakons. I now have something to try when I go to Windows 10 again. I went early so I hoped someone would update the driver "issue".

snikr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

HP Photosmart help

1. HP Photosmart help - Similar Threads - Photosmart help

2. How to get Windows 11 to recognize HP Photosmart M307 camera drivers, tried but didn't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Windows 11 to recognize HP Photosmart M307 camera drivers, tried but didn't...: Windows 11 didn't recognize HP Photosmart M307 camera drivers but they were installed. Even afshowedter plugging into usb port I went to device manager & it showed nothing connected nor in the task tray no usb to disconnect from....
  3. How to get Windows 11 to recognize HP Photosmart M307 camera drivers, tried but didn't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get Windows 11 to recognize HP Photosmart M307 camera drivers, tried but didn't...: Windows 11 didn't recognize HP Photosmart M307 camera drivers but they were installed. Even afshowedter plugging into usb port I went to device manager & it showed nothing connected nor in the task tray no usb to disconnect from....
  4. Can I connect my HP Photosmart printer to my new stream HP computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I connect my HP Photosmart printer to my new stream HP computer: Can I connect my HP Photosmart printer which is wireless to my new stream HP computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-connect-my-hp-photosmart-printer-to-my-new/011cd6d5-a284-4a2b-a837-4b7d76abbb56
  5. Can I connect my HP Photosmart printer to my new stream HP computer

Can I connect my HP Photosmart printer to my new stream HP computer: Can I connect my HP Photosmart printer which is wireless to my new stream HP computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-connect-my-hp-photosmart-printer-to-my-new/011cd6d5-a284-4a2b-a837-4b7d76abbb56
  6. Can I connect my HP Photosmart printer to my new stream HP computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How do I get my HP Photosmart P1000 printer to work with Windows 10 x64 Bit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my HP Photosmart P1000 printer to work with Windows 10 x64 Bit?: I searched for it and found nothing useful, until now. But today I was able to fixit with this link, containing two drivers working with my P1000: 948c and 1220c. First unzip the package and then load the .inf within the "add printer" menu from windows. For me it worked...
  8. How do I get my HP Photosmart P1000 printer to work with Windows 10 x64 Bit?

How do I get my HP Photosmart P1000 printer to work with Windows 10 x64 Bit?: I searched for it and found nothing useful, until now. But today I was able to fixit with this link, containing two drivers working with my P1000: 948c and 1220c. First unzip the package and then load the .inf within the "add printer" menu from windows. For me it worked...
  9. How do I get my HP Photosmart P1000 printer to work with Windows 10 x64 Bit?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Does Anyone Have The Drivers For The HP-Photosmart-C4380?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Anyone Have The Drivers For The HP-Photosmart-C4380?: Good Evening. I recently got a printer from my father. It is the HP-Photosmart-C4380 and it is not coming with the drivers. I do not trust any drivers off the internet, and the HP website itself does not provide any drivers. Looking at the printer under Devices and Printers...