Windows 10: HP Printer Drivers remain a headache on Win 10

Discus and support HP Printer Drivers remain a headache on Win 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This morning on checking for updates, I was notified that a driver update for my HP printer was available. After getting the update, and checking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Geoff Daniell, Feb 11, 2016.

1. HP Printer Drivers remain a headache on Win 10

This morning on checking for updates,
    I was notified that a driver update for my HP printer was available.

After getting the update, and checking the update history file I notice that this update ran 6 times, all successfully.

Trying to establish if there are any differences in the versions reveals nothing.

Why would an update run 6 times for the same thing?

HP Printer Drivers remain a headache on Win 10 [​IMG]

:)

Geoff Daniell, Feb 11, 2016
  2. mlg63 Win User

HP Officejet 4300 Series Printer won't print.

Get the win 10 driver from HP Support if available. HP is not Canon. Go here to see if win 10 is compatible--

HP Officejet 4300 All-in-One Printer series Software and Drivers | HP® Customer Support

I checked and your printer is not compatible with win 10. You might be able to use the windows 10 generic driver to print but you will not be able to use all the features. But a new printer--printers are cheap.

mlg63, Feb 11, 2016
  3. Windows 10 automatic update caused printer to not function

I have an older HP Pavilion a1310n with 3mb memory, originally running Win xp which I upgraded to Win 8 then 8.1 to Win 10. My printer is an OKI B6300 laser with about 4000 pages of toner remaining.

In Win 8 and Win 10 the printer installed with a USB cable using the Windows PCL6 driver and worked fine printing until I turned it off the on. Then it would no longer print.

I noticed my mother in law's computer worked with an HP laser connected to the parallel port, so I tried again using the parallel port and it worked fine in Win 10 for several months till a recent upgrade. The message is "printer is in an error state".

I have tried removing and reinstalling, installing the Oki Win 7 driver in compatibility mode, and the Clean Print procedure.

It is disheartening since it was working and no longer does. Any other suggestions?

DerfRekrap, Feb 11, 2016
  4. HP Printer Drivers remain a headache on Win 10

Wow I have HP Printer and have never had that happen to me.
    They look all the same.
    You should be able to remove all but one.
    Also though that one would of corrupted the other one.
    Have you sent e-mail to them to ask them.
    They very good and will get back to you

hTconeM9user, Feb 11, 2016
  5. I have an HP LaserJet and HP all in one. No Windows update/driver related problems here either.

alphanumeric, Feb 11, 2016
  6. On the subject of HP and Printers.
    I have had several makes the worst being Epsom.
    Even with all the disc and updates once a week I used to have to reinstall it.
    HP I found to be the most reliable to use and even with the upgrades and updates have never had one bit of trouble with it.
    My daughter also has 3 of them all WI-FI for her business and never let her down.
    What I like is, it looks after its self also I like the way when it prints the last page first.
    Also if you print a document like an attachment and it is 2 sided the printer does it for you.

hTconeM9user, Feb 11, 2016
  7. Hi, I marked this problem as solved, but in fact after the latest Win update (.164), The problem is back.

Windows update keeps moaning that it could not install the update, and the printer no longer works. I am getting very "moeg" of this issue with HP and Windows 10!

Geoff Daniell, Mar 13, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

HP Printer Drivers remain a headache on Win 10

Click the green Mark as Unsolved button.
    That may attract more members to help you out.

davidhk, Mar 13, 2016
  9. While others appear to be doing OK with Win10 and the stuff that MS installs for them, in my case, I have two HP printers and in BOTH cases, Win10 hosed them up.

What worked for me was the following:
    1) Removing the printer SW and Drivers
    2) Downloading the Full Feature SW and Drivers for Win10 for each printer from the HP Support site
    3) Installing the HP SW & Drivers

It's been months and I haven't had a problem since with Win10 and either HP printer.

Mark Phelps, Mar 14, 2016
  10. Mark,

Thanks for the response will try that as a solution and provide feedback.

Geoff

Geoff Daniell, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

HP Printer Drivers remain a headache on Win 10

1. HP Printer Drivers remain a headache on Win 10 - Similar Threads - Printer Drivers remain

2. Is there a Microsoft win 11 driver for the hp c4280 printer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a Microsoft win 11 driver for the hp c4280 printer?: HP does not have a compatible driver! They said to try Microsoft. TIA. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-microsoft-win-11-driver-for-the-hp/58a5ffca-1de7-4b9a-b434-fff25b60888b
  3. Is there a Microsoft win 11 driver for the hp c4280 printer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a Microsoft win 11 driver for the hp c4280 printer?: HP does not have a compatible driver! They said to try Microsoft. TIA. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-microsoft-win-11-driver-for-the-hp/58a5ffca-1de7-4b9a-b434-fff25b60888b
  4. HP Printer Driver Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Printer Driver Problem: Downloaded the printer driver for HP LaserJet Pro 400 series, M451dn. Attempted to install, restarted, unplugged, restarted again and continue to get the fatal error message unable to install. Works fine on other computers without Windows 10 Pro....
  5. Can't install HP printer driver in Win 10 64

Can't install HP printer driver in Win 10 64: I've uninstalled everything HP I can find on my PC and keep getting the same error message see below Any help would be most welcome folks. Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  6. Hp printer driver

Hp printer driver: Why is it that before I updated windows 10 (and paid for the renewal) my printer is no longer able to print? HP Officejet 4580 all in one, anyone have this same problem and if so how did you get it fixed. BTW I prefer not to buy a new printer and am not happy with being...
  7. Sound Driver headache

Sound Driver headache: Hi all, Running Windowd 10 version 1803 on my Samsung Series 3 laptop. Believe I’ve got the latest version of Windows 10 (in the UK) through usual Windows Updates. Anyway, was watching a movie earlier when I realised I couldn’t raise the laptop volume level above 37...
  8. Win 10 printer "driver is unavailable"

Win 10 printer "driver is unavailable": I had to do a reinstall because of a hard drive failure. Once it was up and running I tried to install my printers. Now no printer works. I have four printers, all of which ran fine in my other install.. I'm running the same version (windows 10 pro 64 bit) same mobo, ram and...
  9. Win 10 HP Laserjet 1220 printer driver

Win 10 HP Laserjet 1220 printer driver: Previous versions of Win 10 have allowed me to install my HP LaserJet 1220. I bought a new Surface Go, and sadly this does not recognise my printer. I've done catalogue update - nothing. I've installed the driver from hp.com support - this doesn't work either. Can someone...
  10. Epson Printer Drivers for Win 10?

Epson Printer Drivers for Win 10?: Hi does anyone know or think the 64 bit 8.1 drivers for my printer may work for Win 10? (64 bit) Epson does not offer Win 10 drivers Some sites offer the drivers but I try not to download things from sites I do not trust It could be the 8.1 drivers in disguise or malware...