Windows 10: HP Printer Functions on New Desktop

Discus and support HP Printer Functions on New Desktop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; New Windows 10 desktop and old HP OfficeJet 8600 I already connected them wirelessly and it prints. I need to add the other functions that I used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by abredt, Feb 21, 2017.

1. abredt Win User

HP Printer Functions on New Desktop

New Windows 10 desktop and old HP OfficeJet 8600

I already connected them wirelessly and it prints.
    I need to add the other functions that I used on old Windows 7 computer - scan, OCR...

I see the driver Download on the HP site.
    Do I just set a restore point, download it and execute it? Anything else I have to know or do?

Nervous Nellie,
    cb

:)

abredt, Feb 21, 2017

2. Canon Printer LBP6030B not found after update Windows

All was functioning well: Macair and HP laptop and desktop were using my network printer correctly. Now my desktop has stopped printer: Printer is offline. New installation etc doesnot help.

Hans2Verwijs, Feb 21, 2017
  3. printing problem

I'm using a hp desktop and a Lexmark printer. The printer is not recognizing what I want to print. all connections are functional.

BrendaFairbanks, Feb 21, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

Just download and install the HP drivers/software. No need to set a restore point. I did that on my OfficeJet Pro 8620. Installed the software on my Win 10 desktop, Win 10 Laptop and on my Win 10 Insider Preview version.

fireberd, Feb 21, 2017
  5. abredt Win User
    Worked fine - many thanks.

BTW - Do you know if there is a way to put an icon or shortcut on the desktop that will get me directly into the Scan dialog box?
    I'd like not to have to go to the HP Printer Assistant first.
    I did it on Windows 7, but I don't remember how I did it.
    cb

abredt, Feb 22, 2017
  6. fireberd Win User
    I looked at mine and there isn't a direct link to the scan dialog. But, how or what I scan can be controlled by the I/O panel on the 8620.

fireberd, Feb 22, 2017
  7. abredt Win User
    Yeah - since I have to walk over to the printer to put it on the printer screen.
    Thanks.
    cb.

abredt, Feb 22, 2017
  8. Berton Win User

In Start, W section, Windows Accessories is the Windows Fax and Scan, works fine and can be pinned to Start or to Taskbar [I have the HP Officejet Pro 8600]. Mine is connected via Ethernet to my Router and all computers, Wired or Wireless [Windows, Linux and macOS], that have the software installed can use it. Same for my HP LaserJet Pro MFP M26nw. Also, right-click of the HP Scan icon in H, HP can allow Pinning to Start or Taskbar.

Berton, Feb 22, 2017
  9. abredt Win User
    I didn't know about FAX and Scan. Thanks, cb

abredt, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. HP Printer Functions on New Desktop - Similar Threads - Printer Functions Desktop

2. Printer function not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer function not working: When I send some to print the print page comes up but will only save to file instead of the option to send to the printer. I checked my printer and it is functioning fine. Any thoughts?...
  3. printer not functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer not functioning: dhcppc1 error how to resolve the error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-functioning/a8e7fa14-7727-438a-9166-df957f4fd39b
  4. hp printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hp printer: i have a emachine compute with windows 7 on it. im trying to install a hp lazerjet P1102w printer on it but it cant find it. the computer was given to me and i can't change anytrhing cause norton keeps asking if i want program to make changes but it wont let me click yes to...
  5. Scanning function on printer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scanning function on printer: My laptop has suddenly stopped recognising my printer for scanning, but does not have a problem printing.Is this something to do with an update, and how do I fix it?...
  6. HP Printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Printer: Hi I have a HP ENVY 4520 All-in-one Series printer with Automatic Duplex Unit which as bean printing two sided automatically till I had a windows update now in the settings it says print both sides manually. I can select the Duplex Unit but it won't let me turn automatic to...
  7. hp printer

hp printer: cannot connect my printer its says its connecting then it says driver not available. i have uninstalled and installed numerous times. it was working then all of a sudden we had a power outage and now it doesnt print form my desk top only my phone....
  8. Printer is not functioning

Printer is not functioning: Printer queue is blocked up, will not print, there is a document there that I can't get rid of. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-is-not-functioning/73bebfa8-ee6d-46b1-a607-b7f10a40cbc9
  9. printer hp

printer hp: My Hp printer is not working with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-hp/470480d5-a893-47f4-9ae5-4997edffb4d5
  10. HP printer

HP printer: I have an old HP printer (HP 5610v), it's a great printer and works really well. My issue is since CU/FCU......after I install my printer, the fax portion of the printer is set as the default. This never happened before CU an FCU. I have to manually go in and change it. Then...