Windows 10: HP printer problem

Discus and support HP printer problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We have an HP printer that has hiccups on a daily basis. Sometimes when we print something, it has trouble communicating with the computers and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jesse Williams, Mar 7, 2017.

1. HP printer problem

We have an HP printer that has hiccups on a daily basis. Sometimes when we print something, it has trouble communicating with the computers and it won't print anything. I have to either turn the printer off and on or unplug the power cord and plug the power cord back up in order for it to work right. Will this correct the problem or what should I do here?

:)

Jesse Williams, Mar 7, 2017

2. HP - Printers - HP Deskjet 2540 series - Fout 0x80240017

Hi

There is no issue with the printer. The problem is with windows update continually failing to install an update for the HP printer.

The error message is:

HP - Printers - HP Deskjet 2540 series - Error 0x80240017

Thanks

robinosborne, Mar 7, 2017
  3. Cliff856 Win User
    Snipping tool crashes when printing

I have the same problem with an HP printer, universal driver 6.4.1.22169

Cliff856, Mar 7, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

HP printer problem

What's the make/model of your printer? Did you install the driver/software package for it? If so, have you every updated it?

When this type of issue happens....an uninstall of printer driver/software and then a new download and reinstall of driver/software package seems to fix it.

Plankton, Mar 7, 2017
  5. It's an HP DeskJet 3632. All of the software is installed. It's not that old. I think we got it sometime last year.

6. We bought it at Walmart. We had a Lexmark then went to a Canon and now to HP. The Canon never had any hiccups. The Lexmark always had paper jams. The HP has been good other than the communication issues and I like it for the HP Instant Ink program that we have it enrolled in.

7. spunk Win User
    As stated, go to Start/Search and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. In Programs and Features, uninstall any HP Printer/scanner software. Uninstall any other printer software that you no longer use on your computer. Unplug the USB cable from the computer end, restart the computer. Download and run the HP driver software for your printer HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP(R) Customer Support
    During the install, it will tell you when to plug in the USB Cable. Be sure to plug it into the Back USB port (desktop) not the front as these ports are weaker.

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

HP printer problem

1. HP printer problem - Similar Threads - printer problem

2. Printer Connectivity Problem After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Connectivity Problem After Windows 10 Update: Dear community members,I'm reaching out for assistance regarding a frustrating issue I've encountered after updating my Windows 10 operating system. Since the update, I've been unable to connect to my printer and print documents as usual.Previously, my printer was functioning...
  3. Printer Connectivity Problem After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Connectivity Problem After Windows 10 Update: Dear community members,I'm reaching out for assistance regarding a frustrating issue I've encountered after updating my Windows 10 operating system. Since the update, I've been unable to connect to my printer and print documents as usual.Previously, my printer was functioning...
  4. Printer Connectivity Problem After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I have a problem with my printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem with my printer: I have a dnp ds rx1 printer and i can not connect it to my window 10.I tried everything but i can not connect it.I tried install companies driver and i could not install it.I tried uninstall it and install it again but that also did not help.I do not know what to do now.Also...
  6. I have a problem with my printer

I have a problem with my printer: I have a dnp ds rx1 printer and i can not connect it to my window 10.I tried everything but i can not connect it.I tried install companies driver and i could not install it.I tried uninstall it and install it again but that also did not help.I do not know what to do now.Also...
  7. I have a problem with my printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Printer problems

Printer problems: We have changed to a Spectrum router and modem. Now I can't get my Epson ET-2400 to print. When we had T-mobile it would print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-problems/c6bb250d-5a74-4a4b-8dce-d867ad50b295
  9. Printer problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer problems: We have changed to a Spectrum router and modem. Now I can't get my Epson ET-2400 to print. When we had T-mobile it would print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-problems/c6bb250d-5a74-4a4b-8dce-d867ad50b295
  10. Printer problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problem hp print 0x80070424