Windows 10: HP printer showed under unspecified devices.

Discus and support HP printer showed under unspecified devices. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed drivers from windows update in add a printer. Driver installed but whenever I connect the printer it shows in unspecified devices in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stan1998, Jan 17, 2018.

1. stan1998 Win User

HP printer showed under unspecified devices.

I installed drivers from windows update in add a printer. Driver installed but whenever I connect the printer it shows in unspecified devices in devices and printers and I am not able to print. please help.
    thanks.
    HP printer showed under unspecified devices. [​IMG]

:)

stan1998, Jan 17, 2018

2. HP Photosmart 7550 driver for Window 10

After upgrading to Windows 10 from Window 7 Home Premium, my HP Photosmart 7550 printer does no show as one of the options to print. I cant set this as a default printer. It shows as "Unspecified" and under properties:

Device Function
    Type

HP Photosmart 7550 Series Universal Serial Bus Controller

HP Print Device Other Devices

HP Printer IEEE 1284.4 Compatible Printer

I do not know how to select this printer for color printing. Any help will be appreciated.

Jagdish Sood

JagdishSood, Jan 17, 2018
  3. HP OfficeJet 5740e shows as Unspecified Device over USB connection

Have run the HP Print / Scan Doctor - no fix.

Have run the Windows Printer Troubleshooter - no fix.

Update Driver from Printer Properties and it says I have the latest driver.

Remove driver and then reinstall from HP Support and still shows as Unspecified Device.

Why does it show up as an Unspecified Device? It is warning me about USB 2.0 device not functioning correctly and tells me to plug the USB cable into a USB 3.0 port , but my Laptop is brand new.

What gives Microsoft? The HP tools aren't finding any errors. The printer appears to work fine printing and scanning. I have the same problem over the Wireless Network connection.

W10 64bit HP ProBook.

Dave Dooling, Jan 17, 2018
  4. HP printer showed under unspecified devices.

HI stan1998. Welcome to the TenForums @stan1998

While the process you outlined above should work it doesn't.

Please head to hp.support and find the latest full software driver package for your device. Download.

Then on your system, open device manager and uninstall any and all HP3030's. If asked if you want to remove drivers say yes.

Once everything is removed disconnect printer from system.

Then open apps in settings (Start > Settings > Apps) and uninstall any software associated with this printer. I would also check under programs in control panel. To get to control panel type control panel in Cortana search box, should be right at top of found items.

Start install and answer the questions. When the software says it can't find printer reconnect the printer and install should continue on.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jan 17, 2018
  5. stan1998 Win User
    Thanks bro...it worked...thanks alot.

stan1998, Jan 17, 2018
  6. You're welcome. Please mark thread solved so others find.

HP printers in particular can't be attached before drivers installed. If you do Windows loads MS drivers. I've gotten to the point that with all printers I install software first. Some don't ask for the printer and for the ones that do I attach when they get cranky.

Take care.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

HP printer showed under unspecified devices.

1. HP printer showed under unspecified devices. - Similar Threads - printer showed under

2. Sewoo printer showing up as unspecified device windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sewoo printer showing up as unspecified device windows 10: I have a Sewoo LK-B425A Printer Korea Branch, I have connected it to my PC via USB cable. At the first time plug in, there is no anything in Devices and Printers. Then I unplug the USB and install the divers by CD disk which included with the printer, after that SEWOO Label...
  3. Sewoo printer showing up as unspecified device windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sewoo printer showing up as unspecified device windows 10: I have a Sewoo LK-B425A Printer Korea Branch, I have connected it to my PC via USB cable. At the first time plug in, there is no anything in Devices and Printers. Then I unplug the USB and install the divers by CD disk which included with the printer, after that SEWOO Label...
  4. Sewoo printer showing up as unspecified device windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Printer showing as Unspecified device on Windows computer

in Windows 10 News
    Printer showing as Unspecified device on Windows computer: [ATTACH]A device is placed into an unspecified category when Windows cannot identify or find a driver for that hardware. In this case, if you see the Printer showing as an Unspecified device in Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, then this post will help you resolve it. Why...
  6. My printer HP LaserJet 1018 is recognized as "unspecified" device

My printer HP LaserJet 1018 is recognized as "unspecified" device: If I look at the drivers details it is a "generic Printer" drive, so it should be good. If I update the driver it does not find anything. I tried to uninstall the driver listed under "generic software device" then I removed the device from devices and drivers, but to no...
  7. USB PRINTER SHOWS AS UNSPECIFIED DEVICE and also as KONICA MINOLTA PagePro in Printers

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB PRINTER SHOWS AS UNSPECIFIED DEVICE and also as KONICA MINOLTA PagePro in Printers: Hello. My KONICA MINOLTA PagePro 1250W USB Printer Shows up under Devices and Printers, in Printers, AND inUnspecified. In Printers, it is set as Default Printer, yet is greyed out. Device status sez that the device is working properly. It is not.... In Unspecified,...
  8. Printer listed as Unspecified device

Printer listed as Unspecified device: I have a Pantum P2500W printer that has been connected to this computer before. Now when I try to reconnect, it shows up as an Unspecified device rather than a Printer. How do I get the computer to recognize it as a printer so I can print from it?...
  9. windows 10 printer is unspecified device and drivers are under software devices

windows 10 printer is unspecified device and drivers are under software devices: Ok here is my problem. Windows 10 sees my Dell 7130CDN printer as an unspecified device. Under the unspecified device it says there are no drivers for this device. It won't let me install drivers for this unspecified device. When I go to device manager it is not seen as a...
  10. USB PRINTER As Unspecified device,

USB PRINTER As Unspecified device,: Ive tried installing and uninstalling the driver many times, downloaded the most current from the manufacture but it does not work. Just trying to get my Wide format Printer to work . Any help would be appreciated. [IMG]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my hp printer show as unspecified

2. printer shows up unspecified icon

3. fix unspecified usb to serial device windows 10

4. hp v40 unspecified device,
  5. hp printer appears as unspecified rather than printer,
  6. c4400 printer unspecified,
  7. why does my hp officejet show up as unspecified windows 10,
  8. printer installed but shows in unspecified,
  9. what does it mean when my printer is unspecified,
  10. hp officejet shows as unspecified device,
  11. windows 10 network printer showing as unspecified,