Windows 10: HP Printer Startup Error

Discus and support HP Printer Startup Error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my printer from a HP Photosmart 7520 to a Officejet Pro 8620. I uninstalled the 7520 but I'm still getting a 7520 startup Error.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fireberd, Aug 1, 2016.

1. fireberd Win User

HP Printer Startup Error

I recently upgraded my printer from a HP Photosmart 7520 to a Officejet Pro 8620. I uninstalled the 7520 but I'm still getting a 7520 startup Error. I've looked at all the startup locations I could find but no 7520 startup listings. I also have Win Patrol and nothing in there either. I manually edited the registry and deleted all the leftover Photosmart 7520 entries but still getting the error.

Update/Added. I also did a reinstall of the HP7520 drivers then another uninstall but that didn't help.

Here is screenshot of the error:

HP Printer Startup Error [​IMG]

:)

fireberd, Aug 1, 2016

2. Uninstalled this HP printer I had. Now I get error message on a startup.

I have windows 10 installed. On startup I receive a message HP printer error. The Hp printer was already uninstalled and I no longer use it. (it is gone) Now I keep getting Hp printer updates from system updates ( but they are failing to install and
    now have about 20 of them showing in my update list) and I no longer have the printer installed on my machine. Everything was uninstalled. I now have a different

printer that works great and it is not a HP.

Moved from Community Participation Center

RichardDavisLD, Aug 1, 2016
  3. Windows update error "• HP driver update for HP LaserJet 100 color MFP M175 PCL6 - Error 0x80240017"

Thanks for the reply.

The answers to your questions are:

• HP LaserJet CP1525n color
    • The error persists. No major change in system's behavior but I noticed that the first system restart sequence after the troubleshooting was slower than usual. Subsequent shutdown/startup is fine.
    • Yes, it is McAfee Internet Security version 14.0
    • The complete error message is: "HP driver update for HP LaserJet Professional CP1520 Series PCL 6 - Error 0x80240017"
    Updating with the antivirus disabled did not work.

Device manager, notably, shows two entries for the printer. One is under
    Print queues
    listed as "HP_LaserJet_CP1525N_01 (HP LaserJet CP1525N)" and the other one under
    Printers listed as "HP LaserJet Professional CP 1520 Series PCL 6." It is the only printer that has this behavior. My other printers are only listed under Print queues.

Both of these have the best drivers available, according to Device Manager.

Anugerah ChristianRompis, Aug 1, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

HP Printer Startup Error

Uninstall the HP 7520, and any other HP Printer software for now. Go to Start/Devices and Printers. If the 7520 printer is listed here, right click it and delete it. Go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc, right click the devmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager, expand Printers. If the 7520 is still listed here right click and Delete it. Browse to C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86) If there is an HP printer folder here, Delete it. Under each of these Program Files, open Common Files also look for HP Printer folder, and delete it. Make sure Hidden Files are showing, Browse to C:\User\[YourUserName] open the hidden AppData file. Expand Roaming, Local, Local Low. If there is an HP printer folder delete that. Restart computer.
    If that doesn't work, you may need to delete the HP folders in the Registry.
    Now reinstall the 8620

spunk, Aug 2, 2016
  5. fireberd Win User
    I've deleted everything related to the 7520 that I can find. There is nothing in Devices and Printers. Nothing in Device Manager. Nothing in the HP folders that refer to the 7520. Nothing in Roaming, Local, Local Low. Nothing remaining in the Registry.

I uninstalled the 7520 from another PC, the same way as this PC, and I do not have the problem in that PC.

fireberd, Aug 2, 2016
  6. At this point, I would go into the control panel and remove any HP software that shows up. Then uninstall all/any HP printers. Reboot and make sure the computer comes up clean without the error. A long time ago there used to be a HP Printer Removal tool. I didn't find it doing a quick google search. And as Spunk said, you might have to go into the registry and delete anything related to HP. Just make sure you have a backup before you do this...anyway, good luck and let us know the results.

play2mefish, Aug 3, 2016
  7. fireberd Win User
    I've deleted everything in the Registry for the HP Photosmart 7520. There are still entries in there for the new printer, but its not showing any error. Its the old printer. As noted, I even reinstalled the 7520 drivers and then uninstalled them again but the error remains.

If I knew where the run dll listing was for this entry it could be deleted and probably fix the problem. Haven't found that yet. I've found run dll entries in the registry but haven't found one that states Photosmart 7520.

fireberd, Aug 3, 2016
  8. fireberd Win User

HP Printer Startup Error

Solved.
    I found the "Autoruns" utility and was able to delete the entry for the Photosmart 7520

Here is the link to the Autoruns utility on the MS Tech Net.

fireberd, Aug 3, 2016
  9. HP Printers - 'RunDLL' Error Displays During Startup (Windows) | HP® Customer Support
    HP Printers - 'RunDLL' Error Displays During Startup (Windows) | HP® Customer Support

jkorber657, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

HP Printer Startup Error

1. HP Printer Startup Error - Similar Threads - Printer Startup Error

2. HP F4400 printer "Error" Message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP F4400 printer "Error" Message: I spent many hours for 3 days trying to get my HP F4400 printer to print. I tried every site on line that gave good directions on how to solve this problem but to no avail. Then, I saw a one line sentence from a person that had similar problems that I was having. She removed...
  3. HP F4400 printer "Error" Message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP F4400 printer "Error" Message: I spent many hours for 3 days trying to get my HP F4400 printer to print. I tried every site on line that gave good directions on how to solve this problem but to no avail. Then, I saw a one line sentence from a person that had similar problems that I was having. She removed...
  4. HP F4400 printer "Error" Message

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. HP printer error

HP printer error: My HP printer won't copy or scan. There is an error "scanner problem Turn printer off and then on. If the problem is not fixed, the scanner component is broken and cannot copy or scan." Can this be fixed?...
  6. hp printer

hp printer: cannot connect my printer its says its connecting then it says driver not available. i have uninstalled and installed numerous times. it was working then all of a sudden we had a power outage and now it doesnt print form my desk top only my phone....
  7. HP PRINTER ERROR

HP PRINTER ERROR: HP PHOTOSMART C6380 ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER GENERAL PRINTER ERROR 0x61011beb I CANNOT CLEAR IT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-error/80865900-c409-405b-b675-00a146e55fa7
  8. printer hp

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    printer hp: My Hp printer is not working with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-hp/470480d5-a893-47f4-9ae5-4997edffb4d5
  9. error hp printer

error hp printer: I installed windows10 1803 build and when I want to print in word I got no access to print settings then I see error message(function address caused a protection fault exception code 0xc00005 windows 10) how can I solve this problem? In spite of having access of...
  10. HP printer

HP printer: I have an old HP printer (HP 5610v), it's a great printer and works really well. My issue is since CU/FCU......after I install my printer, the fax portion of the printer is set as the default. This never happened before CU an FCU. I have to manually go in and change it. Then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error printing HPE08EA7 HP Photosmart 7520 series default error