Windows 10: HP Printer update fails.

Discus and support HP Printer update fails. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got this. [img] So I told it to Install Now and got this. [img] The printer works. Can some one please help me... 44490 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fungi, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Fungi Win User

HP Printer update fails.

I got this.

HP Printer update fails. [​IMG]

So I told it to Install Now and got this.

HP Printer update fails. [​IMG]

The printer works.

Can some one please help me...

:)

Fungi, Mar 17, 2016

2. HP - Printers - HP Deskjet 2540 series - Fout 0x80240017

Hi

There is no issue with the printer. The problem is with windows update continually failing to install an update for the HP printer.

The error message is:

HP - Printers - HP Deskjet 2540 series - Error 0x80240017

Thanks

robinosborne, Mar 17, 2016
  3. On Windows 10 frequent installations of printer driver

At least once a week Windows will successfully install HP driver update for HP laser jet printer - I can see that when I look at the update history. Then sometime during that week I will get a message that the update for the same HP printer failed to
    update!! Sometimes this update is successful in the morning and then at night I will get a "failed" message. The printer is never unplugged from the computer and is only used on this desk top. Why does it keep installing? Thank you

LucindaStewart, Mar 17, 2016
  4. curt jugg Win User

HP Printer update fails.

I'm sorry I don't have an answer to this but I have exactly the same problem. My printer is an HP Deskjet 3630.

curt jugg, Mar 22, 2016
  5. Fungi Win User
    Fungi, Mar 22, 2016
  6. Have you drivers from Microsoft or HP
    If Microsoft the that is probably why you are getting them that way
    I have an HP Printer and get driver straight from them when there are any
    Just checked and mine is up to date

hTconeM9user, Mar 22, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    It is better for you to ask this question at HP LaserJet Support forums where experts of that printer model are gathered.
    http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer...7/td-p/5252594

davidhk, Mar 22, 2016
  8. Fungi Win User

HP Printer update fails.

Hi David, thanks for the link. It was funny to read in their thread that Microsoft says go to HP, and HP says go to Microsoft. But in the end, it's a Microsoft issue. Their update service is trying to apply an update that does not exist. The proper method to fix it is to hide the update. Very informative thread, thank you for pointing me to it.

Fungi, Mar 23, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    I was to tell you that the update is not for you and that since your printer is working, you can just hide the update.
    I was very much tempted to say that, but I refrained from doing that.

Anyway, glad you have the answer.
    And, you are welcome.

Please mark your thread as Solved.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Mar 23, 2016
  10. curt jugg Win User
    Many thanks for this useful information, guys

curt jugg, Mar 23, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

HP Printer update fails.

1. HP Printer update fails. - Similar Threads - Printer update fails

2. HP printer update fails to update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP printer update fails to update: I continually have the notification that I have an update for the HP printer. Here's the problem, I don't have an HP printer anymore. I deleted the software. I have even looked for any similar names that might be associated with it but still can't figure out why it continues...
  3. HP printer update fails to update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP printer update fails to update: I continually have the notification that I have an update for the HP printer. Here's the problem, I don't have an HP printer anymore. I deleted the software. I have even looked for any similar names that might be associated with it but still can't figure out why it continues...
  4. HP Printer Update Fails with Error 0x800703e3. There are no updates to hide when using...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Printer Update Fails with Error 0x800703e3. There are no updates to hide when using...: I am getting a hp - printer - 4/22/2009 12:00:00am - 10.0.17119.1 printer update that keeps failing.Computer is Runing Windows 10 and is otherwise up to date.I tried using the Update troubleshooter to Hide the updates so that I would stop being notified but that tool is now...
  5. HP Printer Update Fails with Error 0x800703e3. There are no updates to hide when using...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Printer Update Fails with Error 0x800703e3. There are no updates to hide when using...: I am getting a hp - printer - 4/22/2009 12:00:00am - 10.0.17119.1 printer update that keeps failing.Computer is Runing Windows 10 and is otherwise up to date.I tried using the Update troubleshooter to Hide the updates so that I would stop being notified but that tool is now...
  6. HP Printer Update Fails with Error 0x800703e3. There are no updates to hide when using...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. W10 updating HP printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 updating HP printer: Windows Update screen is wanting me to install an HP print driver dated 2009, have much more current drivers already in use. How do I get rid of the 'Pending Install'? But if I go to 'view update history' it reports the update has been 'successfully installed' dated...
  8. Updates failing for uninstalled HP Printer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updates failing for uninstalled HP Printer: I keep getting failed updates for a HP Printer that was uninstalled over a year ago. No programs/apps related to HP can be found on the apps or drive files- how do I stop these update attempts?...
  9. Installing a wi-fi HP printer - Failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing a wi-fi HP printer - Failed: I was facing printing problems so I decided to remove the printer from my notebook and install it again. It is a wi-fi printer. I did it a couple of times before and never had any problems. But this time when I ask to add the printer it requests my Microsoft account. I enter...
  10. HP printer failed to install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP printer failed to install: printer driver failed to install because HP is not a member of the Administrators group. c\\Windows\System32\Driverstore\filerepository\hpwia_en7640.inf_c530c8df0\hpwia_en7640.inf...