Windows 10: HP printer

Discus and support HP printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an old HP printer (HP 5610v), it's a great printer and works really well. My issue is since CU/FCU......after I install my printer, the fax... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Plankton, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Plankton Win User

HP printer

I have an old HP printer (HP 5610v), it's a great printer and works really well. My issue is since CU/FCU......after I install my printer, the fax portion of the printer is set as the default. This never happened before CU an FCU. I have to manually go in and change it. Then for some odd reason I see it reset itself back to the FAX part again. Any ideas?

:)

Plankton, Oct 20, 2017
  2. BBWerner Win User

Prevent driver update from reinstalling.

I uninstalled Hp Printer HP Envy 7640, but updates for this printer keep trying to install. How do I stop this

Original title: HP Printer

BBWerner, Oct 20, 2017
  3. Error 0x8024200b when Windows update runs after Win 10 upgrade

After upgrading to win 10 and Windows Update runs two updates are advised. I have a HP 5740 printer.

HP - Enterprise WSD Multi-Function Printer, Multi-Function Printer, Other hardware - Null Fax - HP Officejet 5740 series.

and

HP - Enterprise WSD Multi-Function Printer, Multi-Function Printer, Other hardware - Null Fax - HP Officejet 5740 series

When you try to update the update fails and gives the errors:

Hewlett-Packard - Enterprise WSD Multi-Function Printer, Multi-Function Printer, Other hardware - Null Print - HP Officejet 5740 series - Error 0x8024200b

HP - Enterprise WSD Multi-Function Printer, Multi-Function Printer, Other hardware - Null Fax - HP Officejet 5740 series - Error 0x80070490

I have subsequently updated directly from HP but the error messages continue to be produced. Help anyone?

BarryElliottXQ, Oct 20, 2017
  4. HP printer

Hi Plankton.

In the panel where you set defaults did you uncheck "Let Windows manage my default printer" ?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 20, 2017
  5. What happens if you go old school, start Control Panel, then devices, right click on the one you as default and select as default.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 21, 2017
  6. Plankton Win User
    That's what I've been doing....but after every restart it set's itself back to the FAX.

Plankton, Oct 21, 2017
  7. Plankton,

You can always create a batch file and the put it in the Windows Startup folder that will reset your default printer to where you want it every time you restart:

Create a batch file to change the default printer and below is the command to change it on the fly:
    RUNDLL32 PRINTUI.DLL,PrintUIEntry /y /n "Name of your Printer"

Then just put the batch file in the Windows start up folder...and now after every reboot your default printer will be automatically selected for you. Hope this helps.

play2mefish, Oct 21, 2017
  8. HP printer

Hey Plankton.

If you are doing it through control panel and that doesn't work then go Start => Settings => Devices => Printers and set it the new way.

I like play2mefish idea.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

HP printer

1. HP printer - Similar Threads - printer

2. For Ramesh Srinivasan- i dont have printer management on manage optional features- This is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For Ramesh Srinivasan- i dont have printer management on manage optional features- This is...: They keep deleting my post, can you give me your email address please?The files scanned by "Crowdstrike", I don't understand why the posts are deleted. I just shared a link from the filetransfer.io website...
  3. For Ramesh Srinivasan- i dont have printer management on manage optional features- This is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    For Ramesh Srinivasan- i dont have printer management on manage optional features- This is...: They keep deleting my post, can you give me your email address please?The files scanned by "Crowdstrike", I don't understand why the posts are deleted. I just shared a link from the filetransfer.io website...
  4. For Ramesh Srinivasan- i dont have printer management on manage optional features- This is...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app: I'm having trouble with accessing printer's preferences via settings-app. Please see details:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/78333888/xerox-6204-cant-access-printers-preferences-via-settings-app...
  6. Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app

Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app: I'm having trouble with accessing printer's preferences via settings-app. Please see details:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/78333888/xerox-6204-cant-access-printers-preferences-via-settings-app...
  7. Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app

8. i dont have printer management on manage optional features- My previous post was deleted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i dont have printer management on manage optional features- My previous post was deleted...: My previous post was deleted and I don't understand whyHi, I have an operating system Windows 10 version build 19045.4291. I need to install print management and I don't have the option to install through manage optional features. I did Windows updates. Ramesh Srinivasan...
  9. i dont have printer management on manage optional features- My previous post was deleted...

i dont have printer management on manage optional features- My previous post was deleted...: My previous post was deleted and I don't understand whyHi, I have an operating system Windows 10 version build 19045.4291. I need to install print management and I don't have the option to install through manage optional features. I did Windows updates. Ramesh Srinivasan...
  10. i dont have printer management on manage optional features- My previous post was deleted...