Windows 10: HP probook wont shut down after win10 upgrade

Discus and support HP probook wont shut down after win10 upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi , My son upgraded a HP Probook from win 8.1 to win 10 and now it wont shut down using the normal start/power/shutdown option . If anyone has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tamo, Sep 4, 2015.

1. tamo Win User

HP probook wont shut down after win10 upgrade

Hi ,
    My son upgraded a HP Probook from win 8.1 to win 10 and now it wont shut down using the normal start/power/shutdown option .

If anyone has any ideas could you please give me a shout .

Much obliged

:)

tamo, Sep 4, 2015

2. HP PROBOOK 4420S WITH WINDOW 10 IS NOT SHUTTING DOWN.

Hi,

I have HP Probook 4420s laptop. I recently upgraded to window 10. But after that I an unable to shutdown the laptop. Window- power-shutdown button only locks the screen but never shutdown the laptop.

What to do for shutting down the laptop as it will drain battery power soon.

Thanks.

Abhay Kumar

AbhayKr_BSB, Sep 4, 2015
  3. Automated Restart of Windows 10 PC

Hi. I'm using 'HP ProBook 645 G1'. It gets restarted itself after a few minutes of sign in. It happens when I turn it on after 'Shut down', and, I've noted that, when there's an internet connection from the start. Help me with this. Thanks.

Muddaththir Birder, Sep 4, 2015
  4. simrick Win User

Hi Tamo.
    What exactly does it do when you try to shutdown? Does it go to a black screen? Do you still see activity on the hard drive?

Have you tried turning off Fast Startup?

simrick, Sep 5, 2015
  5. tamo Win User
    Hi , it goes to black screen then back to windows desktop . Havent tried turning off fast startup , is this in the bios .

Thanks

tamo, Sep 5, 2015
  6. simrick Win User
    Check the link I provided in my previous post - it has instructions for you there. No, it's not in the BIOS, it's in the OS.

simrick, Sep 5, 2015
  7. tamo Win User
    thanks i will look into this when im by his laptop

tamo, Sep 6, 2015
  8. HP probook wont shut down after win10 upgrade

I recently upgraded my ProBook 4535s from Win7pro to Win10pro and I am experiencing the same issue (computer won't shut down. Reboots instead) together with some others (checking for updates never ends, language preferences never ends, trackpad doesn't respond for 2-3 seconds every time I touch it...).

I tried disabling fast startup but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Did you manage to solve the shutdown issue yet?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Best,
    -a-

asheenlevrai, Jul 5, 2016
  9. AndreTen Win User
    Looks like you have more problems than just shutdown notebook.

Try sfc/scannow command in elevated command prompt. For more info see tutorial by Brink.

After you repair possible system corruption, you can try solving the rest. I would probably go with clean install Windows 10.

AndreTen, Jul 5, 2016
  10. m0nk3n Win User
    tamo: you can check power options and find exactly what the on\off button on the laptop does.
    or you could force it to turn off. hold the power button til it turns off. then take out the battery, and press the power on button for 10 seconds to cycle the possible excess power in the laptop. to see if that could be it.

m0nk3n, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. HP probook wont shut down after win10 upgrade - Similar Threads - probook wont shut

2. Fingerprint not working after upgrading hp ProBook 6550b.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint not working after upgrading hp ProBook 6550b.: i recently upgraded to Windows 11 from and my fingerprint stopped working, please need help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-not-working-after-upgrading-hp-probook/ece89a52-0032-46c1-a985-22cae0abdad2
  3. Fingerprint not working after upgrading hp ProBook 6550b.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint not working after upgrading hp ProBook 6550b.: i recently upgraded to Windows 11 from and my fingerprint stopped working, please need help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-not-working-after-upgrading-hp-probook/ece89a52-0032-46c1-a985-22cae0abdad2
  4. Laptop wont shut down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop wont shut down: This problem started occurring after I ran the Microsoft Defender Offline scan. Now my laptop won't shut down. Instead, it reboots and tells me that my PIN is not available. The only way to turn the laptop off is with a hard reset....
  5. Computer wont shut down, Win10 Home.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer wont shut down, Win10 Home.: My computer wont shut down, It jest keep's spinning. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-shut-down-win10-home/c9966f2d-15d6-48fc-bbc8-3cd3cea33e5c
  6. Solved. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Solved. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox: SOLVED: Found out I had a simple emulator running that used VirtualBox to run. Every time i try to shut down this happens: [ATTACH] All the help I can find acts like I should know what a virtualbox is. Does anyone know what is going on?...
  7. HELP. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox

HELP. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox: Every time i try to shut down this happens: [ATTACH] All the help I can find acts like I should know what a virtualbox is. Does anyone know what is going on?...
  8. HP PROBOOK WAS FINE WHEN SHUT DOWN , BUT WILL NOT START NEXT DAY

HP PROBOOK WAS FINE WHEN SHUT DOWN , BUT WILL NOT START NEXT DAY: HP PROBOOK WAS FINE WHEN SHUT DOWN , BUT WILL NOT START NEXT DAY BLACK SCREEN AND HP BLINK CODE OF 5 THEN RESTARTS AND DOES CODE AGAIN THEN NOTHING. WHAT NEXT?...
  9. No sound after upgrading to Windows 10 and computer wont shut down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after upgrading to Windows 10 and computer wont shut down: I'm having a myriad of issues after upgrading to Windows 10. I'll list them below along with what i've already done to resolve: - Computer won't shut down. Someone told me to disable something with the Gigabyte process on the Motherboard, didn't work. I click on shut...
  10. HP proBook 6570b wont shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    HP proBook 6570b wont shut down: Hi , Sorry if this is a repeat of other threads , I can't find a solution . Problem : HP proBook 6570b goes into sleep mode when clicking on start /power / shutdown . What I have tried : went into advanced power setting in power & sleep tab and made sure the correct...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp probook will not shut down win10