Windows 10: HP Protect Tools Security Manager

Discus and support HP Protect Tools Security Manager in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We have a HP 4540S pro book we are ready to upgrade to Windows 10 from Win 7 professional, however the install stops and says the protect tools has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by uhn100, Jun 17, 2016.

1. uhn100 Win User

HP Protect Tools Security Manager

We have a HP 4540S pro book we are ready to upgrade to Windows 10 from Win 7 professional, however the install stops
    and says the protect tools has to be uninstalled manually so far we cannot uninstall it.
    We have tried to remove it in parts but as soon as the computer reboots it is back in full.
    Anyone know how to remove HP Protect Tools Security Manager.
    Thank You
    Andy

:)

uhn100, Jun 17, 2016

2. HP Protect Tools Security Manager

Yea,

I have the sama question as "ayanmullick"...

Earlier I wrote:

Question: -Will the "HP Protect Tools Security Manager" work in Windows 10 when I re-install it?

(Previously it has not been clear to me if the "HP Protect Tools Security Manager" works or not in the new Windows 10)

So "CurtisWollam", could you re-install the"HP Protect Tools Security Manager" after Windows 10?

BR

Stefano

DonStefano, Jun 17, 2016
  3. HP Protect Tools Security Manager

Were you able to get HP Protect Tools Security Manager to work in Win10 ?

ayanmullick, Jun 17, 2016
  4. HP Protect Tools Security Manager

Try this:
    Launch HP ProtectTools Security Manager and go into settings
    Remove the check to the left of the menu and that should disable it.
    or
    Disable HP ProtectTools Security Manager

Then try to Uninstall in Programs & Features.

HP references:
    HP ProtectTools Troubleshooting Guide (PDF)

Search HP uninstall HP ProtectTools Security Manager

+edit
    Some HP posts suggest that updating the pgm resolves the Win10 upgrade issue
    L: Release notes: sp64339
    L: Download: sp64339

You might have better luck if you backup your personal data
    Then Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First-edit

Slartybart, Jun 17, 2016
  5. uhn100 Win User
    Slartybart thank you your solution worked much appreciated
    Andy

uhn100, Jun 18, 2016
  6. You're welcome ...
    Was it the disable pgm or upgrade pgm that solved it for you?

Slartybart, Jun 18, 2016
  7. uhn100 Win User
    It was the disable pgm thanks again

uhn100, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

HP Protect Tools Security Manager

1. HP Protect Tools Security Manager - Similar Threads - Protect Tools Security

2. Protecting security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protecting security: I lost my laptop, it was turned on. It requires a password to access aanything, but im not sure that if someone gets their hands on it, they will be able to access all my files, both ones on the hard drive and on my connected google accounts. How do i prevent access from them...
  3. Protecting security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Protecting security: I lost my laptop, it was turned on. It requires a password to access aanything, but im not sure that if someone gets their hands on it, they will be able to access all my files, both ones on the hard drive and on my connected google accounts. How do i prevent access from them...
  4. Protecting security

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. security and protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    security and protection: At Select Start , and then select Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > virus and threat protection page is not available. how it solve ?...
  6. security protection

security protection: after recent may update version 2004 my security provider has been changed to windows defender from quickheal tot security. i am not able to change it back though when i open quick heal it shows system has been actively protected no action require i got regular updates when i...
  7. Security protection

Security protection: Please confirm that with windows 10 I do not need another security program, (like Mc Afee). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-protection/2de10cf2-bf76-4675-b6d9-b9bd9bd0059e"
  8. Security protection

Security protection: Do I need McAfee security protection if I have windows security protection? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-protection/9f513c29-c221-43da-ae30-20843f868daf"
  9. Greater protection and control with three new Gmail security tools

in Windows 10 News
    Greater protection and control with three new Gmail security tools: What’s changing We’re making three Gmail security features generally available (GA). The features were previously in beta. Check out the linked announcements for more information on each: Security sandbox, which detects the presence of previously unknown malware in...
  10. Security protection

Security protection: I need to know if ajtechy is a third party support service for Microsoft. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_scanning-windows_other/security-protection/bf664332-1ccb-4a32-b4a2-f85862f1f492