Windows 10: HP recovery system is dumb

Discus and support HP recovery system is dumb in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I received a broken laptop from a relative who no longer needed it, the hard drive still worked so I thought I'd put it in my desktop. Using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by eastman, Jul 26, 2016.

1. eastman Win User

HP recovery system is dumb

So I received a broken laptop from a relative who no longer needed it, the hard drive still worked so I thought I'd put it in my desktop. Using the power of SATA hot swap, I tested the drive in place of my DVD drive. The drive did indeed work, ad I reformatted it, assuming that the recovery partition wouldn't do anything (past me = dumb). I bought the necessary parts to properly install the drive in my PC, and did so successfully. I booted my PC and got a BSOD for HP recovery. I thought, "what the ****, this shouldn't be possible." I tried many, many, many different solutions, but kept getting the BSOD. The only option turned out to be resetting the PC (like an idiot, didn't make a recovery disc). The PC is still resetting (27%), so I can only hope that the power of hot swap will let me reformat the recovery partition. But also due to the fact of no warranty on the laptop the drive came from, I cannot contact HP about this stupid problem. So, I would like to complain about HP recovery partitions infecting a completely different hard drive and preventing a computer from booting off that drive.

If HP people read this, please notify your recovery people about recovery partitions jumping hard drives and BSOD booting.

:)

eastman, Jul 26, 2016
  2. Ralf_G Win User

Refresh/Reset Windows 10 PC which arrived with Windows 8 pre installed

Also is there a option to upgrade my recovery to Win 10?

No, that system recovery is custom software created by HP for their own computers. If the computer is a recent model that qualifies for an HP supplied upgrade to Windows 10 then HP might have Windows 10 system recovery media for it that you could order.

Ralf_G, Jul 26, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    FORMATED RECOVERY DRIVE

If your System is a HP Omen 17, HP provides the facility to download the Recovery Media for your device and the HP Recovery Assistant Software to recreate that recovery partition

Fill out the form on your Support page -
    Click HERE

DaveM121, Jul 26, 2016
Thema:

HP recovery system is dumb

1. HP recovery system is dumb - Similar Threads - recovery system dumb

2. Dumb Process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dumb Process: Windows always does this. Anti Malware Service Executable has officially crashed every app known because of it's memory. No tutorial works. No website works. My PC works "fine". Explain why this dumb process does this?...
  3. Dumb Process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dumb Process: Windows always does this. Anti Malware Service Executable has officially crashed every app known because of it's memory. No tutorial works. No website works. My PC works "fine". Explain why this dumb process does this?...
  4. Dumb Process

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. seems like a dumb system

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    seems like a dumb system: I am not sure what these MS guys are thinking. The "e" key occassionally increasingly so does not function on this machine. I need to use an e in the password to open the machine. I followed the steps to change the password-but all I changed was the PW to my microsoft...
  6. Dumb question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dumb question: i want to install UltraUXthemepatcher, i know what windows ver i have but i don't know how to set that into ultrauxthemepatcher submitted by /u/Cubicalspy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3i55v/dumb_question/
  7. Dumb mistake!

Dumb mistake!: Does anyone can suggest a way how to unlock a locked windows 10 because my sister locked it and don't remember the password. Idk if it is possible. Also I could take it to service but I don't have a job. submitted by /u/anger_Karen [link] [comments]...
  8. MICROPHONE IS DUMB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MICROPHONE IS DUMB: hello i have a problem with my microphone when i plug it in my pc it doesnt work it sees that its connected but doesnt have any audio just some noises i tried plugging it in the front and the back cjack but doesnt work then i plug it in my phone it works fine then my laptop...
  9. I was dumb

I was dumb: So I turned on my Dell laptop and I was notified that my key was going to expire, so I followed a tutorial from a youtuber I knew and I copied a script from a website to a cmd file, ran it and nothing happened but I figured that it just didn't do anything bc the key hadn't...
  10. this is dumb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    this is dumb: I'm xbox live enforcement, and I got a suspension for no reason... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_xbox/this-is-dumb/8f60a42a-4680-428d-bc9c-09993e592a0a