Windows 10: HP S5414Y Upgrade

Discus and support HP S5414Y Upgrade in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Good afternoon everyone, I am trying to upgrade a work pc, however because it's a SFF and low PSU (220 watts) I am looking for a little help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by whereisroger, Apr 7, 2016.

1. HP S5414Y Upgrade

Good afternoon everyone,

I am trying to upgrade a work pc, however because it's a SFF and low PSU (220 watts) I am looking for a little help upgrading the graphics card. Currently using onboard 6150 and it is terrible. I just want to be able to play Day of Defeat: Source, Counter Strike, Half Life 2, and maybe BF3. I was thinking about the EVGA GeForce GT 730 2GB GDDR5 Low profile card 02G-P3-3733-KR. I am assuming I should upgrade PSU to SeaSonic TFX 300 or 350. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there another card that could play these older game without upgrading PSU? Or if I upgrade the PSu to 300 or 350 is there a difference card you would recommend? Also, currently have Athlon II X2 215 and would like to upgrade to Phenom II X4 955. I think it would have to be HDX955WFK4DGM because 95TDP. Apologies if this is the wrong forum, admin please move if need be.

Thanks

:)

whereisroger, Apr 7, 2016

2. Windows 10 Upgrade - Lost power, computer stuck

I have tried the above steps, but my computer does nothing when I press the windows key and the X

Hp upgrade, Apr 7, 2016
  3. ace1000 Win User
    Dell monitor e2214h/ windows 7.0/ H.P s5414y computer ...unable to grade to windows 10

Thanks Andre

ace1000, Apr 7, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

HP S5414Y Upgrade

5. Thanks Arc. Would this pretty much be a plug and play? I've never replaced a processor. I am assuming I can use the same cpu fan and would need to clean dried thermal paste and add fresh paste?

6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    The CPU will come with AMD stock cooler fan, and thermal paste should be previously applier to that cooler. You need not to use the existing fan (provided it is not a better third party cooler) and need not to apply thermal paste yourself.

Look these videos, these will give you a fair idea ......

[youtube]G0r5OQTnywU[/youtube]
    [youtube]nNb7yrKNhqA[/youtube]

But if you use the existing fan, then you will need to remove the dried thermal paste and apply it afresh.

[youtube]trNQynvFjSU[/youtube]

tic Silver is the best thermal paste, as people say. *Smile

7. Thanks for the videos, they are very helpful. All I can find are used CPU's and it appears that they (CPU's on eBay) do not come with the cooler, which is fine. If that is the case, is it safe to use existing cooler or would you recommend buying a new cooler?

8. ARC
    Arc Win User

HP S5414Y Upgrade

Third party coolers are generally better than stock coolers. Cooler Master and Corsair make good coolers. You may choice one as your need, space in the SFF cabinet and budget. But, your existing fan should work.

If you are buying a used CPU, make it sure that it is not already failing. Prime95 will tell it to you.

And you will need to do the thermal pasting yourself. The third video of my previous post will guide you about it.

Thema:

HP S5414Y Upgrade

1. HP S5414Y Upgrade - Similar Threads - S5414Y Upgrade

2. Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure: A bit of conflict between a windows 10 upgrading to windows 11 update failure discovered while attempting to install McAfee Scanning Tool. Windows error: This PC doesn't currently meet Windows 11 system requirements. The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11....
  3. Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure: A bit of conflict between a windows 10 upgrading to windows 11 update failure discovered while attempting to install McAfee Scanning Tool. Windows error: This PC doesn't currently meet Windows 11 system requirements. The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11....
  4. Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade Issue: I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11, but the PC health check states, "The processor isn't currently supported for windows 11." However, the processor appears in the list of Microsoft Windows 10 22H2 Supported Intel Processors. How can this be that I cannot upgrade if my...
  6. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue

Windows 11 Upgrade Issue: I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11, but the PC health check states, "The processor isn't currently supported for windows 11." However, the processor appears in the list of Microsoft Windows 10 22H2 Supported Intel Processors. How can this be that I cannot upgrade if my...
  7. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How can I upgrade my Windows 8.1 computer to Windows 11 now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I upgrade my Windows 8.1 computer to Windows 11 now?: I know I have to purchase Windows 10 and upgrade to it, then use the free upgrade to Windows 11, but I don’t know how to safely do this, and where to legally/safely purchase Windows 10.Thanks...
  9. How can I upgrade my Windows 8.1 computer to Windows 11 now?

How can I upgrade my Windows 8.1 computer to Windows 11 now?: I know I have to purchase Windows 10 and upgrade to it, then use the free upgrade to Windows 11, but I don’t know how to safely do this, and where to legally/safely purchase Windows 10.Thanks...
  10. How to upgrade window 7 pro to window 10 ?

How to upgrade window 7 pro to window 10 ?: Recently i need to install some software and found it not compatible with my osWindow 7 Pro, then i search thought the microsoft Community regarding update to window 10 from window 7 pro. Unfortunately the "Create Windows 10 installation media" not work for my case. i keep...