Windows 10: HP Simple Pass

Discus and support HP Simple Pass in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't use HP Simple Pass which is installed on my desktop and laptop,has anyone uninstalled it without any problems arising? I would like rid of it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tommo, Jul 1, 2017.

1. tommo Win User

HP Simple Pass

I don't use HP Simple Pass which is installed on my desktop and laptop,has anyone uninstalled it without any problems arising? I would like rid of it and would like to know if it's safe to do so from Control Panel / Programs and Features,Thanks

:)

tommo, Jul 1, 2017
  2. Steve_187 Win User

HP Simple Pass

I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. After the installation, the Simple Pass option was not available for the lock screen and computer logon. How do I get it back?

Steve_187, Jul 1, 2017
  3. HP Simple Pass

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

It’s really unfortunate that you are facing this issue. But don't worry we will try to help you out.

Windows Compatibility Center.

Check if it is compatible with Windows 10. Refer the link below to do so:

Windows | Official Site for Microsoft Windows 10 Home & Pro OS, laptops, PCs, tablets & more

You can reinstall HP Simple pass and check if that works.

I would suggest you to check out Windows hello which is a new feature in Windows 10.

Windows Hello is a more personal way to sign in to your Windows 10 devices with just a look or a touch. You’ll get enterprise-grade security without having to type in a password.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-what-is-hello

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Sara Mohammedi, Jul 1, 2017
  4. HP Simple Pass

Hi Tommo

Hard question to answer as no one really knows your exact setup or how your machine was initiated..

That said if you know for a fact you didn't put any passwords in then you should be able to delete.

Just to be sure I would create a restore point and I would create an Image with a tool like Macrium Reflect. It free, reliable and used by members. Never hurts having a system image.

With these backups in place you reduce your risk. (Not saying to delete it or keep it, just have a plan B.)

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 2, 2017
  5. tommo Win User
    Thanks Ken,the only password used is my Microsoft Account,don't think I ever stored any passwords in Simple Pass so I'll do as you advised and use a back up.Cheers

tommo, Jul 2, 2017
  6. mrgeek Win User
    HP Simple Pass is a fingerprint password generator. It does not store passwords, just your fingerprint, if your computer supports it. If you use it, I would use a PIN or password in case it fails to read properly.

mrgeek, Jul 2, 2017
  7. tommo Win User
    Uninstalled HP Simplepass from desktop and laptop,no probs at present,will update if things change,Cheers

tommo, Jul 3, 2017
  8. HP Simple Pass

Great. Please mark thread solved if you get a chance.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

HP Simple Pass

1. HP Simple Pass - Similar Threads - Simple Pass

2. pc restarts randomly while simple tasks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc restarts randomly while simple tasks: my pc is randomly restarting while doing simple tasks like web browsing my system event viewer file : https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amt64jFJmKFMjgMjppI6hy4dEmXm?e=ktIGCj...
  3. pc restarts randomly while simple tasks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc restarts randomly while simple tasks: my pc is randomly restarting while doing simple tasks like web browsing my system event viewer file : https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amt64jFJmKFMjgMjppI6hy4dEmXm?e=ktIGCj...
  4. Why did MS make a simple task more COMPLICATED when it was so EASY before??? I feel like NO...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why did MS make a simple task more COMPLICATED when it was so EASY before??? I feel like NO...: I have an HP 17" laptop running Windows 10. When I bought it, I could hit the {prt sc} button once, and it would take a full screen shot and automatically save it to a file titled, get this..."Screen Shots". Yep, that was it, push the prt sc button just one time, and VOILA!...
  5. Why did MS make a simple task more COMPLICATED when it was so EASY before??? I feel like NO...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did MS make a simple task more COMPLICATED when it was so EASY before??? I feel like NO...: I have an HP 17" laptop running Windows 10. When I bought it, I could hit the {prt sc} button once, and it would take a full screen shot and automatically save it to a file titled, get this..."Screen Shots". Yep, that was it, push the prt sc button just one time, and VOILA!...
  6. Why did MS make a simple task more COMPLICATED when it was so EASY before??? I feel like NO...

7. PCI Simple Communication Controller in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PCI Simple Communication Controller in Device Manager: I'm getting the following device showing up in Device Manager on Windows 11 64 bit. I'm using a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3_v1.3 motherboard with a i3-2120 Intel CPU. Can someone direct me to the correct drivers for this device ? I've posted the Hardware ID's here too if it helps....
  8. PCI Simple Communication Controller in Device Manager

PCI Simple Communication Controller in Device Manager: I'm getting the following device showing up in Device Manager on Windows 11 64 bit. I'm using a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3_v1.3 motherboard with a i3-2120 Intel CPU. Can someone direct me to the correct drivers for this device ? I've posted the Hardware ID's here too if it helps....
  9. MICROSOFT IS A JOKE, they can't even remove a simple expired CREDIT CARD in WALLET.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MICROSOFT IS A JOKE, they can't even remove a simple expired CREDIT CARD in WALLET.: YOUR BEST IT AND XBOX SUPPORT HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO REMOVE A EXPIRED CREDIT CARD IN THE WALLET SHUT YOUR BUSINESS DOWN!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-is-a-joke-they-cant-even-remove-a-simple/9e8581f1-482b-42a7-8ceb-9571f21a1ec2
  10. MICROSOFT IS A JOKE, they can't even remove a simple expired CREDIT CARD in WALLET.

MICROSOFT IS A JOKE, they can't even remove a simple expired CREDIT CARD in WALLET.: YOUR BEST IT AND XBOX SUPPORT HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO REMOVE A EXPIRED CREDIT CARD IN THE WALLET SHUT YOUR BUSINESS DOWN!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-is-a-joke-they-cant-even-remove-a-simple/9e8581f1-482b-42a7-8ceb-9571f21a1ec2