Windows 10: HP Solution Center Software for HP 4850

Discus and support HP Solution Center Software for HP 4850 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an older HP Scanjet 4850 flatbed scanner but I need the HP Solution Center software in order for it to work and thus have a chance of it being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mccoady, Aug 15, 2015.

1. mccoady Win User

HP Solution Center Software for HP 4850

I have an older HP Scanjet 4850 flatbed scanner but I need the HP Solution Center software in order for it to work and thus have a chance of it being compatible with Windows 10. I've had to use it in compatibility mode in Windows 7 and it had to downloaded from their site in the past... so it may or may not work anyway. HP has apparently removed it from their site if I list my model for drivers & downloads. You can download the driver but the HP Solution Center is not listed. Windows Compatibility Center says it is compatible if that means much.

Is this still available?

Inexpensive (around $100) flatbed scanners are hard to find anymore let alone being compatible with Windows 10. Are there any?

Do you think any listed as compatible with Windows 8 will also work with Windows 10?

:)

mccoady, Aug 15, 2015

2. HP Solution Center Software

I have a HP Deskjet F4280 All-in-one printer.

I want to use the HP Solution Center software when I scan documents.

I have a new computer with Windows 10.

My printer is installed on this new computer.

How ever the HP Solution Center software is not on the new computer.

HP said "to find the HP Solution Center Software go to Windows.

Installs with the HP full feature Windows Driver for multifunctional printers.

Search for Solution Center to find and open software."

I have done my best to find this on the Windows web site and do not see it.

I only want to use the HP Solution Center when I scan documents on my HP Deskjet F4280 All-in-One printer.

I need to download the software do you know the Windows download name for this?

Debby Wakefield, Aug 15, 2015
  3. HP Solution Center Software

Microsoft has the HP Solution Center app and for Windows 7.0

I have Windows 10.

If I download this app will I be able to access it even though I Windows 10?

Debby Wakefield, Aug 15, 2015
  4. Gianna Win User

I have exactly the same scanner and it has not worked since I installed Windows 10 . There is no Windows 10 option on the HP scan 4850 drivers download page. Any ideas?

Gianna, Aug 23, 2015
  5. eLPuSHeR Win User
    I have a Canoscan LiDE 210 that works well under W10, but if you have it connected to an usb3 port, you need to change some usb settings in bios (at least for my Intel USB3 implementation).

PS - Canoscan LiDE 220 is now sold at about 80 (VAT included) here at Spain.

eLPuSHeR, Aug 23, 2015
  6. mccoady Win User
    Gianna I never did find a download for the HP Solution Center but I did find by downloading the latest driver which would be Windows 8.1 (32 or 64 bit) I could still use my scanner. Since you don't have the HP Solution Center you must use the controls on the scanner itself but it does work.

mccoady, Aug 23, 2015
  7. Gianna Win User
    I re-installed the drivers for Win 8.1 and it did the trick.
    Annoyingly, I do have HP Solution Centre but it only recognises my printer and not my scanner!
    Thanks for your help

Gianna, Aug 23, 2015
  8. countrydj Win User

I have just installed Windows 10, and I have the same scanner, HP Scanjet 4850. It didn't work until I downloaded new drivers setup_basic_4800_14-5.exe.
    Get then here:
    http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/p...&swEnvOid=4063

This did the trick for me. I hope it will help someone else.

John C

countrydj, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. HP Solution Center Software for HP 4850 - Similar Threads - Solution Center Software

2. HP Command Center Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Command Center Not Working: So, i recently installed the HP command center app which helps to choose from your laptop in performance mode, quiet mode , and balanced mode. But the issue is, it doesn't seem to change anything. Whenever I change mode. The pointer does scroll for a second, but it doesn't...
  3. hp solution center hp c3100

in Windows 10 Customization
    hp solution center hp c3100: solution center for hp c3100 not working does not show ink levels https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-solution-center-hp-c3100/716124ff-74ca-4263-bd53-887b08684d9e
  4. HP Solution Center will not open....brings up a screen with an f in a pink rectangle and an...

HP Solution Center will not open....brings up a screen with an f in a pink rectangle and an...: HP Solution Center will not open....brings up a screen with an f in a pink rectangle and an I in a blue circle. Either a fix or an alternative to HP Solution Center would be appreciated. I have spent hours trying to contact HP about this,, but my Officejet 4500 is out of...
  5. Flash Player logo on my HP Solution Center

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Flash Player logo on my HP Solution Center: When I opened the HP Solution Center after uninstalling and reinstalling it, I saw the Flash Player logo on it. Does it mean I need to update my Deskjet 2480F?...
  6. HP Solution ctr Icon/software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Solution ctr Icon/software: When I select the icon for the HP solution ct. it does NOT open the software. How do I repace it? Rick https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-solution-ctr-iconsoftware/97ad840c-06c9-4a37-8f4e-e26a21d366da
  7. software for hp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    software for hp: What type pf software do you recommend for HP 447 GB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-for-hp/ae027138-480d-4abb-b6cd-cc2fed66d129
  8. HP Photosmart Software

HP Photosmart Software: Hello Microsoft Community, I Have a HP Envy m6 1117TX Laptop with Intel core i7-3632QM 2.20GHZ bought 2012 8GB Ram, 750GB HDD, AMD Radeon HD 7670 Graphics card Currently running Windows 10-1903-18362-? 64 bit not sure of last numbers as I updated today Printer is a HP...
  9. HP Solutions Center Stopped Working

HP Solutions Center Stopped Working: The HP Solutions Center stopped working after Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3132372) was installed Apparently this update controls how flash player is used. HP Solutions Center uses flash player and will not start. I use the HP program frequently to scan documents...
  10. Error 1706 - Missing Scan.msi file for HP Solution Center

Error 1706 - Missing Scan.msi file for HP Solution Center: Windows: 'Error 1706' Displays on the Computer While Scanning - missing Scan.msi. I followed these instructions http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01007968. When I get to the last step and double-click on it, it flashes but does not install. (9. Within the Scan...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scanjet 4850 windows 10

2. hp 4850 solution centre

3. photosmart 4850 solution centre

4. HP Scanjet 4850 solution center software on windows 10