Windows 10: HP Stream Notebook...Wifi Problems, Usb Problems, with Windows 10

Discus and support HP Stream Notebook...Wifi Problems, Usb Problems, with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, New to this Forum. I have a Hp-Stream 13, which I installed Windows 10. I immediately started having problems with Wifi. The image on the taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by amcnguy, Jun 27, 2015.

1. amcnguy Win User

HP Stream Notebook...Wifi Problems, Usb Problems, with Windows 10

Hi, New to this Forum. I have a Hp-Stream 13, which I installed Windows 10. I immediately started having problems with Wifi. The image on the taskbar shows a partially yellowed out Wifi Icon. When I try to go online a windows message comes up...saying that the Realtek wifi driver is not working correctly. (The current Driver is: version 2013.4.717.2014.) I found online a "fix" by downloading Driver: version 2013.11.1031.2014. Windows 10 Rejected the new driver, saying that it is not for my machine. I also lost function to my only 3 usb ports. Went into Device Manager, and checked usb drivers, and tried updating while in that console. No luck. So, the only access which I can download with is a micro SD port. I don't have an Ethernet port.
    I also tried going into Recovery on the machine. Will not allow me to revert back to 8.1.

Any Help would be Greatly Appreciated! Thank you!

:)

amcnguy, Jun 27, 2015
  2. Tireman9 Win User

Update 1511 doesn't finish

I agree. Just finished remote session with HP and only solution was to delete many of my programs and install a USB drive.

It looks like HP will have a problem with customers that depended on the advertisement that the Stream notebook could run WIn 10.

Tireman9, Jun 27, 2015
  3. start menu stopped working

Cannot get start menu to pop up. Worked till yesterday, now won't. Turned off computer and back on - still won't work

problems-problems, Jun 27, 2015
  4. batlhilz Win User

what build you have from win 10?

batlhilz, Jun 28, 2015
  5. amcnguy Win User
    Hi, Windows 10 build= 10130.....Thanks!

amcnguy, Jun 28, 2015
  6. Peggsie Win User
    I have an HP Stream 13 running build 10130. I'm not having any of the issues you are. I did a clean install after coming from previous preview builds.
    I followed the tutorial in the tutorial index at the top of this forum titled 'How to do a clean install of Windows 10 Preview."
    You have to download the ISO file for build 10130 and create a bootable USB flash drive. I used RUFUS. I did this on another PC running Win 8.1. Then I followed the rest of the steps in the tutorial on my HP Stream.

Hope this helps

Peggsie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. HP Stream Notebook...Wifi Problems, Usb Problems, with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Stream Notebook Wifi

2. I need advice on a couple problems I'm having with my HP Stream Notebook

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I need advice on a couple problems I'm having with my HP Stream Notebook: So I have a hp Stream Notebook PC name LAPTOP-04N0ESTJ that my step dad just gave me so I have something that I can do stuff with and I had to do a lot of updating just to get up to a windows 10 but there's a few things that have never worked like I cannot access the...
  3. WIFI issue on HP notebook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI issue on HP notebook: I have an HP laptop running Windows 10. For months now, I have had no wifi icon in the bottom right tray and it does not appear in the Network & Internet settings list. If I open Network & Sharing Center and go to Change Adapter Settings, the wi-fi icon is not showing at all,...
  4. WIFI issue on HP notebook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI issue on HP notebook: I have an HP laptop running Windows 10. For months now, I have had no wifi icon in the bottom right tray and it does not appear in the Network & Internet settings list. If I open Network & Sharing Center and go to Change Adapter Settings, the wi-fi icon is not showing at all,...
  5. WIFI issue on HP notebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Hp notebook blue screen problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hp notebook blue screen problem: Hi all, new to this and not a techie so apologies if I dont get this quite right. Looking for some easy to follow help. My HP NOTEBOOK 15 has gone into blue screen and wont restart. Tried every option on the autobot but nothing works. Seems to be start up failure of some...
  7. HP Stream Using USB will not update windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Stream Using USB will not update windows 10: Hello :) I have an HP Steam that is out of enough room for the latest Windows 10 update, so I got a 64G USB to obtain update, as Microsoft says to do. However, even though I now have Boohkhoo room on the USB, I tried and waited over 72 hours for it to update and it was...
  8. HP Stream notebook - contiued notification of Windows 10 upgrade mandatory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Stream notebook - contiued notification of Windows 10 upgrade mandatory: HP Stream notebook - continued notification of Windows 10 upgrade but drive is too small for the full free upgrade version that windows 10 updater is providing and can't fully load. I tried removing apps but they are all the previous window 10 update apps locked into the...
  9. HTML streaming problem Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    HTML streaming problem Windows 10: Birds and Blooms - animated ecard by Jacquie Lawson Trying to run this jackie Lawson card on my windows 10. All i get is the initial picture where it says click on window. When i do i get a blank page where all i can do is go to end. In other words the HTML video will not...
  10. hp 11 stream notebook

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hp 11 stream notebook: I have just bought a hp11 stream notebook for $50.00 it is not letting me reset the laptop to the factory settings programs are missing like the hp utility, the intel programs etc how can I fix this...