Windows 10: HP Switchable Graphics Problem

Discus and support HP Switchable Graphics Problem in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My computer is an HP Pavilion dv6-6047cl Entertainment Notebook PC with Intel i7-2630QM 2.0 GHz processor, with 8 GB RAM. I have had several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by GM Spates, Dec 8, 2015.

1. GM Spates Win User

HP Switchable Graphics Problem

My computer is an HP Pavilion dv6-6047cl Entertainment Notebook PC with Intel i7-2630QM 2.0 GHz processor, with 8 GB RAM.
    I have had several different graphics problems and have upgraded the drivers.
    It has HP Switchable Graphics with an Intel HD Graphics 3000 driver and AMD Radeon HD6700M, with the Catalyst Control Center (CCC).

The computer recently crashed and would only open in non-Aero mode (screen looked like safe mode).
    It also made IE11 settings changes to the computer, and added a search add-on called "OneSourse, which I have deleted.
    These problems were not corrected by system restore.
    I scanned the Computer with Microsoft Safety Scanner, Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes, and it checked out clean.

Due to continuing graphics problems, I deleted AMD Radeon HD6700M and Catalyst Control Center, and am just using the Intel HD Graphics 3000 display driver.
    It seems to work fine in this configuration, as there is no more CPU robbing Catalyst Control Center or freezing screens on start up, among the other problems I noted.
    I normally use the computer in plugged in mode.

Is there any down side to eliminating the AMD Driver and CCC and using only the Intel HD Graphics 3000 display driver?

I do not use this computer to play games, and while it could possibly use it for Blu-ray playback, it is primarily used for Internet surfing, Youtube, and running Microsoft Office programs.

:)

GM Spates, Dec 8, 2015
  2. RobertEU Win User

My AMD Switchable Graphics settings are missing after upgrading to windows 10

Me, you and thousands of users with Intel and Amd switchable graphics configuration are abandoned since several years ago...

It's a disgrace.

Take my laptop for example:

HP dv7-6140eo

Intel and amd 6770M switchable graphics.

Latest driver is from 2011.

Uncountable number of threads on forums about the switchable graphics problem but nobody seems to care.

Oh dear...

Here is one:

AMD/Intel: Switchable graphics

RobertEU, Dec 8, 2015
  3. RobertEU Win User
    Cannot configure switchable graphics on my Acer Aspire 5820TG Windows 10.

The old switchable graphics problem huh?

No driver updates since 2011 for my HP dv7-6140eo. A whole generation of computer owners abandoned.

Intel + Amd radeon 6770m.

Check out this thread related to your problem and other issues:

AMD/Intel: Switchable graphics

RobertEU, Dec 8, 2015
  4. kbz1960 Win User

Hi, you deleted or uninstalled? Also you could have just stopped the catlyst control center from starting at start up. Have right clicked on the desktop, preferences and seen what theme it's using? Can you change it to areo?

kbz1960, Dec 8, 2015
  5. GM Spates Win User
    I uninstalled the AMD Driver and Catalyst Control Center.
    I am only presently running the Intel HD Graphics 3000 display driver.
    In Device Manager, where "AMD Radeon HD6700M" would be listed, it now says "Video Controller (VGA Compatible)".

GM Spates, Dec 9, 2015
  6. kbz1960 Win User
    Seems you should reinstall it and then just stop catalyst from loading on startup.

kbz1960, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. HP Switchable Graphics Problem - Similar Threads - Switchable Graphics Problem

2. Windows 10 Switchable Graphics Discrete GPU Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Switchable Graphics Discrete GPU Problem: Hello, I have an issue with the switchable graphics display properties. I have analyzed the problem for literal years and no one has seemed to find an answer.The problem in detail:Laptop <Lenovo ideapad 310-abr15>OS <Windows 10 Home 21H2>GPU #0 <Radeon R5 Graphics>GPU #1...
  3. Windows 10 Switchable Graphics Discrete GPU Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Switchable Graphics Discrete GPU Problem: Hello, I have an issue with the switchable graphics display properties. I have analyzed the problem for literal years and no one has seemed to find an answer.The problem in detail:Laptop <Lenovo ideapad 310-abr15>OS <Windows 10 Home 21H2>GPU #0 <Radeon R5 Graphics>GPU #1...
  4. Problems with switchable graphics in my HP Pavilion dv7t-xw899av CTO

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Problems with switchable graphics in my HP Pavilion dv7t-xw899av CTO: Hello! Recently I decided to restore my old HP Pavilion dv7-6c05ss, so I changed its motherboard (the priginal one was broken), CPU, RAM, WLAN module, and its hard and optical drives with a Crucial SSD with 1 TB of capacity in both places. Finally, I purchased a Windows 10...
  5. HP Pavilion dv6 with Switchable graphic card -

HP Pavilion dv6 with Switchable graphic card -: Hi all, I have HP Pavilion dv6t CTO. Product: LF374AAR . I have install Windows 10 Home. version: 1909. with two GPU's: GPU1: Intel HD 3000 GPU2: AMD Radeon HD 6770M/2GB DDR5. The computer is working only with the Intel GPU. but It cant "swap" to the AMD GPU. (I need it...
  6. HP Pavilion dv6 with Switchable graphic card -

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Pavilion dv6 with Switchable graphic card -: Hi all, I have HP Pavilion dv6t CTO. Product: LF374AAR . I have install Windows 10 Home. version: 1909. with two GPU's: GPU1: Intel HD 3000 GPU2: AMD Radeon HD 6770M/2GB DDR5. The computer is working only with the Intel GPU. but It cant "swap" to the AMD GPU. (I need it...
  7. Need help with Switchable Graphics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with Switchable Graphics: Does any of you got switchable graphic problem it not working its running on intel HD I have a Dell Inspiron 15r se 7520 it has a 2gb AMD radion 7730m problem is that when playing games it only uses Intel HD 4000 not switching to AMD Any one got any solution for this...
  8. HP laptop switchable graphic card on Windows 10

HP laptop switchable graphic card on Windows 10: My HP laptop has two graphic cards, and both of them are listed at the device manager: Code: Intel (R) HD Graphics 4000 Radeon (TM) HD 8670M[/quote] HP supplied a Windows 8.1 driver which, in theory, would allow to switch the graphic cards (with the famous Catalyst). In...
  9. Intel/Amd switchable graphics problem

Intel/Amd switchable graphics problem: hey, i need some help. I bought a HP 15-bs021nm a moth ago, and it has intel hd 520 and Radeon 520 graphics. I want to play games with it, but the problem is it uses intel hd instad of the radeon graphics. How do i set radeon to be the default graphics adapter? specs in...
  10. Problems with HP switchable graphics - graphics drivers made slow boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems with HP switchable graphics - graphics drivers made slow boot: I have HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook with switchable graphics bought year 2012. I have had almost all the time problems with those 2 graphics drivers (AMD HD 6770 and Intel HD Graphics 3000) HP do not have made new switchable graphics drivers (for example for Windows 7) for...