Windows 10: HP Touchsmart 520-1070 Keyboard & Touch Screen Issue

Discus and support HP Touchsmart 520-1070 Keyboard & Touch Screen Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have a weird issue, I have a HP Touchsmart 520-1070 and after upgrading to Windows 10 everything was fine but after the anniversary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by garen45, May 1, 2017.

1. garen45 Win User

HP Touchsmart 520-1070 Keyboard & Touch Screen Issue

Hey guys,

I have a weird issue, I have a HP Touchsmart 520-1070 and after upgrading to Windows 10 everything was fine but after the anniversary update last year, I started to have an issue where when I would press the windows key on the keyboard there would be no response unless I held the button for about a second. I have tried the filter keys, sticky keys and 2 other keyboards all with the same issues.

I formatted the hard drive and reinstalled Windows 10 and Windows 7 but that didn't help, I don't have the recovery partition anymore but I downloaded all the proper drivers and the issue still persists. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also the touch screen does not work anymore and the BIOS is updated to the latest version.

:)

garen45, May 1, 2017
  2. DavidAdey Win User

I did a clean install, however, when I tried to install 64bit got an error 'this app won't run on your PC..............'32bit loaded OK but this means I only have half the RAM, etc.

PC is HP TouchSmart 520

DavidAdey, May 1, 2017
  3. Touchscreen & Touch keyboard does not work With PC Build 14295

Old title: Help With Build 14295.. (Redstone)

Hi, I tried using Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 14295, but my touchscreen & touch keyboard does not work. I tried logging in by tapping the letters on the touch keyboard, it didn't type out the letters, I even tried the tablet mode but no luck..
    Had to use the USB Keyboard instead.. It also does the same on my desktop & taskbar. Tapped on an icon to open up a program, but nothing happens. It does the same on my desktop as well. This whole thing happens every time I update to Windows Home Insider Preview
    Redstone Edition from the Fast Ring. (Example: Builds 14291, 14295 ETC..) I even checked HP driver updates & it said all were updated. So, I Had to revert back to 10586.164 so that my touchscreen & touch keyboard could work.. I have the HP TouchSmart PC.
    (HP23-h024)

Is there a way it can be fixed? I even checked my HP drivers for updates, it told me that they were up to date including TouchSmart.

michaelleepow90, May 1, 2017
  4. HP Touchsmart 520-1070 Keyboard & Touch Screen Issue

Hi garen45.

First if you call HP they likely can send you the recovery software, certainly they can do this for PC's although it may cost you $15-$10 dollars.

Can I ask where you downloaded the drivers from?

When you install them are you confirming the version number and manufacturer that you think is being installed is being installed by Windows?

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 5, 2017
  5. garen45 Win User
    HP wants $30 for the recovery discs. I downloaded the drivers and installed them directly from HP. I will verify the version number but could windows install a different version number in the background if I am running the HP driver package installation?

garen45, May 5, 2017
  6. In a word, Yes.

If you go into Device Manager what type of screen is listed?

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

HP Touchsmart 520-1070 Keyboard & Touch Screen Issue

1. HP Touchsmart 520-1070 Keyboard & Touch Screen Issue - Similar Threads - Touchsmart 520 1070

2. HP PC Troubleshooting touch screen issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP PC Troubleshooting touch screen issues: HP PC Troubleshooting touch screen issues https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pc-troubleshooting-touch-screen-issues/7dc4598c-e95d-4e48-9c85-2fb5f6af41d8
  3. HP Pavilion touch screen issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavilion touch screen issues: Hey guys. I own a HP Pavilion 11 x360. A few days ago, I noticed that its touch screen isn't not responding. Please help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-touch-screen-issues/aa845b09-a410-4421-bebc-3f29d0a8d634
  4. HP Pavilion touch screen issues

HP Pavilion touch screen issues: Hey guys. I own a HP Pavilion 11 x360. A few days ago, I noticed that its touch screen isn't not responding. Please help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-touch-screen-issues/aa845b09-a410-4421-bebc-3f29d0a8d634
  5. HP TOUCHSMART 610 TOUCHSCREEN

HP TOUCHSMART 610 TOUCHSCREEN: Hi Since upgrading to windows 10 my Touchscreen has stopped working. I have tried updating and disabling the drivers, updated Windows 10, uninstalling and reinstalling the touchscreen drivers but to no avail. I have read through the questions and answers in the forum and...
  6. A black screen after logging in on an HP TouchSmart 520 running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A black screen after logging in on an HP TouchSmart 520 running Windows 10: This computer has two users. When one user logs in the screen is black after the log in. Before that, everything looks normal. The only thing I can do and see is ctrl-alt-delete to run the task manager. I cannot run any other tasks from the task manager. It acts the same...
  7. HP Envy TouchSmart 4-1115dx NO TOUCH in Win10 /w SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Envy TouchSmart 4-1115dx NO TOUCH in Win10 /w SSD: Hi, I have an HP Envy TouchSmart that was upgraded with a SSD, and Win 10 some time ago by my son. There is no recovery partition on the SSD. He just dropped in the SSD and reinstalled Win 10 from a USB. The OEM HDD is long gone. I remember long ago upgrading from 8.1 to 10...
  8. HP Envy TouchSmart 4-1115dx NO TOUCH in Win10 /w SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Envy TouchSmart 4-1115dx NO TOUCH in Win10 /w SSD: Hi, I have an HP Envy TouchSmart that was upgraded with a SSD, and Win 10 some time ago by my son. There is no recovery partition on the SSD. He just dropped in the SSD and reinstalled Win 10 from a USB. The OEM HDD is long gone. I remember long ago upgrading from 8.1 to 10...
  9. HP touch screen issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP touch screen issues: My touch screen stopped working and the (HID touch screen) is no longer in the device manager. I have tried to update and trouble shoot with no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-touch-screen-issues/623a450a-5186-4a17-9fa0-74161c6f8677
  10. HP Touchsmart 600 bootup issues

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Touchsmart 600 bootup issues: My mother has a HP Touchsmart 600 that I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Windows 10 works fine on there, once it finally boots up. I've noticed this scenario: Power Button to turn on computer BIOS Displays Windows 10 logo displays screen goes completely black for a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 23-h024 touchscreen windows 10