Windows 10: HP Touchsmart 600 bootup issues

Discus and support HP Touchsmart 600 bootup issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My mother has a HP Touchsmart 600 that I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Windows 10 works fine on there, once it finally boots up. I've noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JOSHSKORN, Oct 23, 2015.

1. JOSHSKORN Win User

HP Touchsmart 600 bootup issues

My mother has a HP Touchsmart 600 that I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Windows 10 works fine on there, once it finally boots up. I've noticed this scenario:

• Power Button to turn on computer
    • BIOS Displays
    • Windows 10 logo displays
    • screen goes completely black for a couple of seconds
    • Screen comes back on, stays dark/gray and I can see my mouse pointer and it moves. The boot process hangs here for several minutes, usually and most of the time, the computer doesn't even go past this point.
    • EVENTUALLY, after several minutes, Windows 10 finally gets to the login screen, if it is going to login.

What's the reason for this, and is there a way to resolve this? I'm thinking Windows 7 even took an unusual amount of time to bootup.

:)

JOSHSKORN, Oct 23, 2015

2. Touchscreen not working after Windows 10 upgrade

Following the upgrade to Windows 10 the touchscreen on my HP Touchsmart 600 all in one PC has stopped working. The same thing has happened to my sons HP Touchsmart. I've tried downloading new drivers from HP but windows blocks the download due to a permissions
    issue. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

DaveBarnes_914, Oct 23, 2015
  3. david6699 Win User
    hp touchsmart 600 ,touchsmart program not working

hp 600 .touchsmart program wont open ,message says short cut not found

david6699, Oct 23, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Oct 24, 2015
  5. JOSHSKORN Win User
    JOSHSKORN, Oct 24, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    It's a Win 10 feature, the computer is at Win 10.

Ztruker, Oct 24, 2015
  7. JOSHSKORN Win User
    WHAT is a Win 10 feature? You quoted the wrong text. I assume you meant Fast Startup is a Windows 10 feature? Actually, it looks like Fast Startup was introduced into Windows 8 and is obviously also in Windows 10, therefore was not in Windows 7. That said, I don't see how Fast Startup could be the culprit, considering I had the same problem in the Windows 7 environment.

JOSHSKORN, Oct 24, 2015
  8. Ztruker Win User

I was just agreeing with you and quoting your text that said you upgraded to Win 10. Pretty useless post I guess, sorry.

Ztruker, Oct 25, 2015
  9. JOSHSKORN Win User
    It's cool. Don't worry about it. I MIGHT have fixed the problem without performing the arduous task of a clean install. I tried to uninstall as many HP items as possible, but there were a couple that would not budge. One thing I didn't bother trying to uninstall is a HP Webcam. I assume if I did that, Windows 10 MIGHT install its own driver. I think that's what might've happened when I uninstalled the HP Keyboard OSD, which I think actually was the culprit. I'd read somewhere that this driver/app or whatever you want to call it, was 32-bit, whereas the machine is 64-bit. Based on the number of apps that load during startup, I could almost safely assume why this was causing a problem, as I'm guessing the app couldn't address any available memory and load with ease, causing a slowdown or in most instances, a crash.

JOSHSKORN, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. HP Touchsmart 600 bootup issues - Similar Threads - Touchsmart 600 bootup

2. HP TOUCHSMART 610 TOUCHSCREEN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP TOUCHSMART 610 TOUCHSCREEN: Hi Since upgrading to windows 10 my Touchscreen has stopped working. I have tried updating and disabling the drivers, updated Windows 10, uninstalling and reinstalling the touchscreen drivers but to no avail. I have read through the questions and answers in the forum and...
  3. HP TouchSmart - Windows 10 - Google Chrome - Blackboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HP TouchSmart - Windows 10 - Google Chrome - Blackboard: [ATTACH] I am doing online school so am constantly having to login to Blackboard and other parts of the school website. Every time I go to login I get this error (picture attached) and I can only login after I clear my Cache and Cookies on Google Chrome settings. Does...
  4. HP Pavilion TouchSmart touchscreen not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Pavilion TouchSmart touchscreen not working: I have an HP Pavilion TouchSmart all-in-one. The touchscreen stopped working. I have followed all the troubleshooting instructions, turn PC off and on, check for updates - all completed, disabled and enabled the HID compliant touchscreen, uninstalled and reinstalled the...
  5. BSOD on HP ProDesk 600 G3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD on HP ProDesk 600 G3: i have 10 HP ProDesk 600 G3 computers running windows 10 1909 .Constantly users are facing BSOD on the Computers. i have pulled the KB4524244 updates and Have run HP driver Updates. The issue seemed to be resolved but after 4 days it pops up again ..iam back to Square one...
  6. HP Notebook Bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Notebook Bootup: when I turn it on and log in, I see a black screen because the desktop & taskbar aren't loaded yet BUT, then I get a blue screen with the error code "REFERENCE BY POINTER". I try going into safe modewhich worked and deleting some things, but it doesn't change anything...
  7. Reset HP Touchsmart Windows 10

Reset HP Touchsmart Windows 10: This was relatively easy to follow; until process completed, now have the red X on my Sound Control - meaning not working now; have tried all things as described in support groups etc. but the IDT High Definition Audio Codec will not be enabled even after uninstalling ,...
  8. Bios update HP Touchsmart 320-1050

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bios update HP Touchsmart 320-1050: I recently restored my HP all in one. It had a BOOT mgr problem prior. So I had to do a clean install with windows 10 pro. I did some performance fixing. Ran all the hardware testing. Everything shows the entire system is in working order. But my fan is rather noisy. I...
  9. I have a HP TouchSmart 310 computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have a HP TouchSmart 310 computer.: I had Windows 10 on my TS Computer. Approximately two weeks ago It disappeared and now my computer has Windows 7. I still have Windows 10 on my laptop. What happened? How can I get Windows 10 restored to my computer?...
  10. HP Touchsmart 520-1070 Keyboard & Touch Screen Issue

HP Touchsmart 520-1070 Keyboard & Touch Screen Issue: Hey guys, I have a weird issue, I have a HP Touchsmart 520-1070 and after upgrading to Windows 10 everything was fine but after the anniversary update last year, I started to have an issue where when I would press the windows key on the keyboard there would be no response...