Windows 10: HP Ultrium 460 LTO tape drive connected via iSCSI not detected

Discus and support HP Ultrium 460 LTO tape drive connected via iSCSI not detected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP Ultrium 2 tape drive that is iSCSI connected that worked fine in Window 7. Now I've moved to Windows 10, the system resolutely refuses... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by perdrix, Aug 21, 2015.

1. perdrix Win User

HP Ultrium 460 LTO tape drive connected via iSCSI not detected

I have an HP Ultrium 2 tape drive that is iSCSI connected that worked fine in Window 7.

Now I've moved to Windows 10, the system resolutely refuses to detect it is there.

I've even manually installed the hplto.sys driver but that makes no difference

Help please.

The iSCSI initiator shows the device as connected.
    (Also posted on answers.microsoft.com)

For some reason the iSCSI target was in an error state. Now working OK

Thanks
    Dave

:)

perdrix, Aug 21, 2015
  2. perdrix52 Win User

I have an HP Ultrium 2 tape drive that is iSCSI connected that worked fine in Window 7.

Now I've moved to Windows 10, the system resolutely refuses to detect it is there.

I've even manually installed the hplto.sys driver but that makes no difference

Help please.

The iSCSI initiator shows the device as connected.

>>> Update: The iSCSI target was in some sort of error state - now working OK

Thanks

Dave

perdrix52, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Arul_D Win User

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

Thank you for replying with the status of this issue.

Glad to know that the issue has been resolved by yourself. If you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Arul_D, Aug 21, 2015
Thema:

1. HP Ultrium 460 LTO tape drive connected via iSCSI not detected - Similar Threads - Ultrium 460 LTO

2. Rx 460 driver error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rx 460 driver error: Hi all ! I have Rx 460 and I just want update drivers I updated and when I shutdown pc I got BSOD with critical process died error I turn on pc I start playing FNAF 3 AND NEED FOR SPEED I got big lags the next day I Just Want Connect 2 monitors I connected and I got nothing...
  3. Rx 460 driver error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rx 460 driver error: Hi all ! I have Rx 460 and I just want update drivers I updated and when I shutdown pc I got BSOD with critical process died error I turn on pc I start playing FNAF 3 AND NEED FOR SPEED I got big lags the next day I Just Want Connect 2 monitors I connected and I got nothing...
  4. HP Pocket Media drive will not connect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Pocket Media drive will not connect: I have a pocket media drive that connects to every computer I attach it to, except 1. The light on the front just continuously blinks. And I'm wondering why. I do know there is a driver update for this drive, and I would manually add the driver update if I knew where to...
  5. HP laptop not detecting new wifi connections.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP laptop not detecting new wifi connections.: I've got an HP Envy. I recently added a wifi extender and the HP is unable to detect it or my wireless printer never could. Every other device in the house has no problem detecting or connecting to either. It has no problem with the main router connection, it connects there...
  6. BitLocker auto locking iSCSI drive on Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker auto locking iSCSI drive on Windows 10 Home: Hi there! Please bear with me as I am a complete novice when it comes to this side of Windows and networking, so please excuse if I use the wrong terminology or haven't tried something obvious. Microsoft support team themselves couldn't help me with this and left me high...
  7. Bitlocker automatically encrypts connected iSCSI drive without asking. Interrupted after...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker automatically encrypts connected iSCSI drive without asking. Interrupted after...: Just bougt a Surface Book 2. Connected it to my wifi and my iSCSI drive (D:). (not a problem with any other windows laptop before) It automatically began to encrypt my D: drive, no pop-up, no asking for administrative privilegies, nothing. The log says: 23:00:00 BitLocker...
  8. Watching (and saving) a VHS tape via Windows Media Player

Watching (and saving) a VHS tape via Windows Media Player: Hello I am aiming to play a VHS tape through a Sony VCR. I can hear the tape playing and rewinding inside the VCR so that side of things is fine. The VCR connects correctly to a TV using a Scart lead and plays VHS tapes. I am using the following cables: the scart leads...
  9. connect non-HP laptop to dual HP e243 monitors via USB

connect non-HP laptop to dual HP e243 monitors via USB: I have an ASUS laptop with HDMI ports for monitors. At work, I have two new HP e243 monitors. They came with several cables, but none are HDMI. The only compatible cables are standard USB on the computer end and the old-style USB on the monitor end. I connected the USB...
  10. Tape backup software

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Tape backup software: What are current recommendations for this please? I use an Ultrium-4 drive on a server and iSCSI connection from a booted CD to take image backups of all the machines here at home, but dd isn't the best of backup utilities *Smile I can't afford a PetaByte disk array so...