Windows 10: HP wifi printer annoying

Discus and support HP wifi printer annoying in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ok so this isn't exactly a question, but some feedback might help. My nice new clean Windows 10 set up just got knobbled by our new HP Printer. Partly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hazel123, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Hazel123 Win User

HP wifi printer annoying

Ok so this isn't exactly a question, but some feedback might help. My nice new clean Windows 10 set up just got knobbled by our new HP Printer. Partly my fault as I added it as a device before downloading and installing the HP software and drivers, so windows provided a basic driver and then Windows update got stuck for ages. So I clean installed again, put the HP software and drivers on, and all is fine now, connected to the printer. My gripe is - I have this nice clean install and a load of rubbish HP software on it now. Already had to disable "Scan to Computer" as it kept popping up all the time.

So if anyone else has an HP wifi printer, can you run it with just the HP drivers and not have all the rubbish software installed?

:)

Hazel123, Jun 28, 2016

2. How to connect a wireless printer to the PC on Windows 10.

I have the same problem with my wifi printer. I can see the wifi signal of the printer, but Windows dont find the device.

The printer is a HP Laserjet P1120w, my notebook is HP 14 touchsmart.

Patricio Portillo, Jun 28, 2016
  3. Win 10 Printer Problems

We use two HP laptops connected by a Gateway Wifi router to one HP Wifi printer. One PC is also USB-connected to a separate HP printer. Suddenly, without warning or equipment changes, both printers appear as "offline" and our efforts to get them online
    have been unsuccessful. Any suggestions?

PaulLaFleur, Jun 28, 2016
  4. HP wifi printer annoying

If you are using it via WI-FI the scan to computer lets you know if your Router or WI-FI disconnects
    You also need the HP print and scan doctor on your laptop
    Because if your printer does go down it will repair the fault rather than have to search for it or run the repair disc
    Also to let them know when your ink is getting low
    Also the scan to computer enables you or anyone else in your house to print from their or your smart phone or iPhone or iPad

hTconeM9user, Jun 29, 2016
  5. TrustMe Win User
    I have two wifi printers installed with just the drivers. One is HP and the other one Dell. I hate all the programs it installs with the drivers. I never use them.

TrustMe, Jun 29, 2016
  6. pcgeek11 Win User
    Same here with a HP WiFi Printer. Just the drivers and no software.

pcgeek11, Jun 29, 2016
  7. Hazel123 Win User
    Ok thanks. There was an option to just install what they described as "basic" drivers rather than drivers and software, so maybe that would be the way to go. Thanks! Either that or just uninstall all the software and use a usb cable HP wifi printer annoying :) Would that work? Or would the printer keep wanting to use the wifi network or something. It's all bit over the top for me - we've had an old HP printer for donkeys hears and you just used a usb cable and it printed - simple.

Hazel123, Jun 29, 2016
  8. pcgeek11 Win User

HP wifi printer annoying

You will need the USB Cable to initially set up the wireless connection. Once that is done and working you can uninstall all of the crap software and disconnect the USB Cable and use wireless.

pcgeek11, Jun 29, 2016
  9. topgundcp Win User
    Helped a gentleman to install HP 710C printer. However, You can install any printer using this procedure from Windows:
    [youtube]y4_j0XmdoQE[/youtube]

topgundcp, Jun 29, 2016
  10. Hazel123 Win User
    Thanks! It all installed and connected ok via wifi (there was no usb supplied) - it's just the software annoys me.

Hazel123, Jun 29, 2016
  11. Berton Win User
    I've installed a number of printers and none came with the USB cable, networkable models included an Ethernet cable if they had the port. I keep several 6', 10' and a few 16' USB 2.0/HighSpeed cables on hand for that reason. Sixteen feet is the limit for non-active USB cables, active cables can be somewhat longer.

Berton, Jun 29, 2016
  12. Hazel123 Win User
    Thanks everyone for all the help and suggestions - I have lots to go on there *Smile. I'm not having any problems right now (now I've disabled Scan to Computer thingy which I can enable again if I need to), it's just I don't like having the software there. So I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling just the drivers. And get a USB cable just in case (it does take one, but there isn't one provided). I guess they have to have a usb option in case someone doesn't have wifi. What I'm not sure about is - if I use it as if I don't have wifi (ie uninstall software and use usb cable) whether the printer will still try and connect to wifi because it's there! I guess I'll find that out.

Hazel123, Jun 29, 2016
  13. Berton Win User

HP wifi printer annoying

You can turn the Wi-Fi/Wireless off if not needed, usually settings in the control panel on the printer itself.

Berton, Jun 29, 2016
  14. Cliff S New Member
    @topgundcp I Couldn't rep you, I need to spread, but maybe you should think of joining the Video Geeks*Smile

Cliff S, Jun 30, 2016
  15. When I set up my HP Printer I did not use the USB cable at all
    Ran the software via the Disc
    It found it was WI-FI installed the software needed updated the drivers etc and worked ok
    Had it over a year and have not had one issue with it
    Not even on all the updates that have been downloaded

hTconeM9user, Jun 30, 2016
Thema:

HP wifi printer annoying

1. HP wifi printer annoying - Similar Threads - wifi printer annoying

2. hp printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hp printer: i have a emachine compute with windows 7 on it. im trying to install a hp lazerjet P1102w printer on it but it cant find it. the computer was given to me and i can't change anytrhing cause norton keeps asking if i want program to make changes but it wont let me click yes to...
  3. HP Printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Printer: Hi I have a HP ENVY 4520 All-in-one Series printer with Automatic Duplex Unit which as bean printing two sided automatically till I had a windows update now in the settings it says print both sides manually. I can select the Duplex Unit but it won't let me turn automatic to...
  4. hp printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hp printer: cannot connect my printer its says its connecting then it says driver not available. i have uninstalled and installed numerous times. it was working then all of a sudden we had a power outage and now it doesnt print form my desk top only my phone....
  5. Hp Printer Connect Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hp Printer Connect Wifi: Hp printer connect wifi becomes a straight forward task with hp software tools. Hp offers you the innovative quality of printers due to the task of hp wireless printer setup hassle-free. Maybe, your operating system not up to date or facing some network issues that become the...
  6. HP PRINTER

HP PRINTER: HOW DO I FIX ERROR CODE OX8007007E? WHEN I TRY TO PRINT IT KEEPS ON THROWING OUT THAT, IVE TRIED THE TROUBLESHOOT ETC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer/51b47dc2-f643-454c-b964-58c033bf4d00
  7. HP Print Notification, ANNOYING

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Print Notification, ANNOYING: Good Day, Following issue presents itself since latest windows update (10.0.18362 Build 18362) HP for some reason keeps popping this up even with "Get notifications from apps and other senders" Set to OFF. There are no active tasks for it in task scheduler and also not in...
  8. Adding HP laserjet 1102 wifi printer

Adding HP laserjet 1102 wifi printer: How can I add a HP LaserJet 1102 HP Printer to my HP laptop with Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-hp-laserjet-1102-wifi-printer/f4afba77-5852-4f14-8f47-9d1cc3ba73de
  9. printer hp

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    printer hp: My Hp printer is not working with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-hp/470480d5-a893-47f4-9ae5-4997edffb4d5
  10. HP printer

HP printer: I have an old HP printer (HP 5610v), it's a great printer and works really well. My issue is since CU/FCU......after I install my printer, the fax portion of the printer is set as the default. This never happened before CU an FCU. I have to manually go in and change it. Then...