Windows 10: HP win 10 question

Discus and support HP win 10 question in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I had purchased a HP 15 notebook laptop late July 2016 3 months later i had the hard drive replaced laptop worked great until the new hard drive. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by walleyeblugill, Jan 4, 2017.

1. HP win 10 question

I had purchased a HP 15 notebook laptop late July 2016 3 months later i had the hard drive replaced
    laptop worked great until the new hard drive. Now when i search web sites the little dots spin forever and I get a message
    that web site is not responding. also when i type in MSN to search there is a typing delay about 3sec until i see the letter
    Troubleshooted everything I could with hp customer service it has not been a year but they informed me tonight that it will cost to talk now
    I really thought the warranty was for one year o well any info from this forum would be appreciated also when clicking on icons on desk top they don t respond Error I received pasted below Hmm, we can't reach this page.

Try this

• Make sure you’ve got the right web address: http://www.msn.com
    • Refresh the page
    • Search for what you want
    • This site can’t be reached

Google took too long to respond.
      Try:
      • Checking the connection
      • Checking the proxy and the firewall
      • Running Windows Network Diagnostics

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Reload
      HIDE DETAILS
      Check your Internet connection

Checked everything still cant search most of the time

:)

walleyeblugill, Jan 4, 2017
  2. Larry413 Win User

Switch from Windows 10 to WIN 7

I just bought an HP Envy17t with WIN 10 and having a LOT if issues and I'm getting tired of looking for fixes. Can I get a WIN 7 instead? I posed this question to HP and got a negative answer. Can Microsoft exchange my WIN 10 for WIN 7? Pls adv procedure.
    Thanks.

Larry413, Jan 4, 2017
  3. tungoil Win User
    Windows 7 updates available after Windows upgrade.

I see that HP has updated software for many models including my dv7 pavilion. Some of these are for programs that I am having

issues with. So, my question is can these be updated now that Win/10 has been installed or will Win/10 not allow these to be

updated. It seems a little to late now for these as almost all have been updated in the month of August. HP does not show any

updates for Win/10 but sure has plenty for Win/7.

Thanks

tungoil, Jan 4, 2017
  4. HP win 10 question

I checked my CPU and McAfee security is using 70% usage should i uninstall ?
    Let windows defender take over

walleyeblugill, Jan 6, 2017
  5. NotRite Win User
    Hello. Did you tell HP that you had replaced the HD? If so that could explain them considering it not under warranty now. Same thing would apply if originally you had Win 7 or something...and upgraded to 8 or 10. One of the things I have run into in the past is that the manufacturer would tell me that I would have to return the PC to its original orientation, otherwise it would be a charge for helping me.

NotRite, Jan 6, 2017
  6. win 10 installed when I bought could not go back to win 7

walleyeblugill, Jan 6, 2017
  7. NotRite Win User
    Yes I understand that. I was just offering the OS change scenario as an example. I asked if you had told HP that you had replaced your HD. That would probably explain why they are saying it is now a charge for them to help you.

NotRite, Jan 6, 2017
  8. HP win 10 question

My advice would be to uninstall McAffee and restart. Check the CPU usage after the uninstall. If it is ok, then try re-installing McAffee and check the CPU usage again. If it is still high, I would either contact McAffee or use another anti-virus program such as Defender or Norton.

TexasBandit, Jan 6, 2017
  9. Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

HP win 10 question

1. HP win 10 question - Similar Threads - question

2. Question about the authenticator app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about the authenticator app: Is there a way to only use microsoft authenticator only after I have been inactive or logged out or turn it off? It gets in the way of business and work hours when it gets busy and I need to stop everything to authenticate once again. It is unacceptable in my opinion and also...
  3. Question about the authenticator app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about the authenticator app: Is there a way to only use microsoft authenticator only after I have been inactive or logged out or turn it off? It gets in the way of business and work hours when it gets busy and I need to stop everything to authenticate once again. It is unacceptable in my opinion and also...
  4. Question about the authenticator app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I don't even know how to ask this question...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't even know how to ask this question...: I have an Hp Envy 360 that I am using. Windows 10 is installed, and I was not having any problems at all and then about 2 weeks ago I all f a sudden can't connect to the internet according to the messages that pop up whenever I try to log on to a Microsoft account through the...
  6. I don't even know how to ask this question...

I don't even know how to ask this question...: I have an Hp Envy 360 that I am using. Windows 10 is installed, and I was not having any problems at all and then about 2 weeks ago I all f a sudden can't connect to the internet according to the messages that pop up whenever I try to log on to a Microsoft account through the...
  7. I don't even know how to ask this question...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. To answer your question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To answer your question: When I try to log into the administrator portal. I get a message that says Personal accounts aren't allowed. But I will try scrolling down to the bottom of the page on the Azure portal....
  9. To answer your question

To answer your question: When I try to log into the administrator portal. I get a message that says Personal accounts aren't allowed. But I will try scrolling down to the bottom of the page on the Azure portal....
  10. Question Regarding Win 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question Regarding Win 11 update: Hello,I recently mistakenly opted for the free upgrade to Windows 11 by clicking "yes". However, I haven't proceeded with the update as I didn't want it in the first place. Now, I find myself constantly prompted to restart my computer and update to Windows 11, version 22H2,...