Windows 10: HQ radio streams at 320 kb/s

Discus and support HQ radio streams at 320 kb/s in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there seems the standard Internet and DAB ("Dead and Buried") Radio streams are getting lower and lower quality these days - even old FM is a lot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, May 8, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

HQ radio streams at 320 kb/s

Hi there

seems the standard Internet and DAB ("Dead and Buried") Radio streams are getting lower and lower quality these days - even old FM is a lot better than some of the BBC DAB radio streams these days.

To restore the 320 Kb's streams again (at least from the BBC) - download a Free app called get_iplayer --works on both Linux and Windows (you have to use the CLI though).

HQ radio streams at 320 kb/s [​IMG]

the title of the program is in the PID -- the scrambled up number in the Internet header when you use the standard BBC iplayer app to find the PID. (simply load the program (don't play it) using the standard BBC app.

Note the pid and then use the GET_IPLAYER app to retrieve the program.

For RADIO the command is get_iplayer --get --type=radio --pid=xxxxxxxx

for TV command is similar get_iplayer --get --modes=best --pid=xxxxxxxx --subtitles this will return a TV program in HD with subtritles.

Getting Radio again at 320 kb/s is great -- it's a pity the standard streams have bbeen downgraded --DAB is really a waste of time these days unless it's just for speech.

To get the app

get_iPlayer • Forums • Guides • Help

100% LEGAL and Free.

Cheers

jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 8, 2016

2. HELP ME WITH VIDEO PLAYBACK OF N8

That's because N8 doesn't play HQ streams like Galaxy S does. You have to wait for new YouTube player or new browser.

krisq---01, May 8, 2016
  3. timo.h Win User
    Bad audio-quality over A2DP

I only use mp3 and I got this problem on every mp3-file I tested. Even with my self-ripped files in HQ or online-purchased music. No matter if they have a variabel bitrate or 320 kbit/s constant bitrate, i get crackles over a2dp.

And on cable-headphones all the files just sound fine.

timo.h, May 8, 2016
Thema:

HQ radio streams at 320 kb/s

1. HQ radio streams at 320 kb/s - Similar Threads - radio streams 320

2. Stream Radio in Windows 11 Media Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stream Radio in Windows 11 Media Player?: I'm currently using Windows 11 and I'm wondering if it's possible to stream radio stations? I can't find anything within that app that would allow me to do so. If it's not a feature, then can anyone suggest a media player that allows me to use the keyboard play/pause button...
  3. Stream Radio in Windows 11 Media Player?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stream Radio in Windows 11 Media Player?: I'm currently using Windows 11 and I'm wondering if it's possible to stream radio stations? I can't find anything within that app that would allow me to do so. If it's not a feature, then can anyone suggest a media player that allows me to use the keyboard play/pause button...
  4. Cannot Maintain Audio Stream From Radio Stations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Maintain Audio Stream From Radio Stations: Just bought a new Dell Windows 10 desktop. I often open a browser tab for a radio station and select "listen live" to start audio streaming. If the streaming occurs in a new browser tab, the stream will stop every 10 minutes or so and then start up again. Even more annoying,...
  5. why is my computer slow to stream a radio station

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why is my computer slow to stream a radio station: why is my computer slow to stream a radio station? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-computer-slow-to-stream-a-radio-station/645d995a-f4fe-4c63-89de-2e320e779a99
  6. Problems live streaming radio on my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems live streaming radio on my computer: I have not been able to live stream music from radio for about the last month or so. Before that, I could live stream just fine. I use Windows 10. I have not changed anything on my computer. When I click the play button on live streaming, nothing happens. How can I fix...
  7. Disk read is always at 24 kb/s

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk read is always at 24 kb/s: After I installed the 2018's October update of Windows 10, when my system is idle, I can see from the task manager that the read speed of my 2 disks is always on 24 kb/s. Is this normal?...
  8. Lost audio from online radio streams

in Browsers and Email
    Lost audio from online radio streams: The only streaming radio that I can hear is via the BBC Radio website - that works fine ! Any attempt to listen to any other radio station via their "Listen Live" button fails with no audio ..... and no error messages. I have also tried several online radio apps and they...
  9. All audio from online radio streams has stopped !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All audio from online radio streams has stopped !: I have been using the TuneIn App on my Windows 10 Desktop for years without problem but just recently I lost the sound. It looks fine with no errors but it is as though the volume has been turned to zero ! I thought it was a problem with the App but when I try to listen...
  10. roberts stream internet radio.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    roberts stream internet radio.: Updated to windows 10 last week, everything fine except I cannot stream my music from my computer to roberts internet radio. Eveything is correct ie sharing and allowing ,the computer recognises the radio in devices but radio states (No upnp media servers found). have...