Windows 10: HTML links in Outlook (office) 2016 taking a long time to open.

Discus and support HTML links in Outlook (office) 2016 taking a long time to open. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Clean install of Windows 10 Pro, 1709, 16299.98. And fresh install of Office 2016. Ran Windows update with give me updates for other Microsoft products... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by alphanumeric, Dec 1, 2017.

1. HTML links in Outlook (office) 2016 taking a long time to open.

Clean install of Windows 10 Pro, 1709, 16299.98. And fresh install of Office 2016. Ran Windows update with give me updates for other Microsoft products checked. This the full office 20160 Pro Plus, not office 365. If I click a link in an e-mail, like the ones for forum post notifications, there is a really long delay before they open in IE. Same thing happens if I set edge as default. First time this has ever happened to me. When I click the link I see blue activity balls scroll across the top of the e-mail, then about 30 seconds latter the link opens in IE. It was almost instantaneous in the past. I did a Google search but didn't find anything current of anything that helped.

:)

alphanumeric, Dec 1, 2017

2. Windows 10 Mail app - Slow startup sync

Why does Outlook 2016, within Office 365, take so long to open a good 5 minutes?

JohnMoyles, Dec 1, 2017
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Dec 1, 2017
  4. HTML links in Outlook (office) 2016 taking a long time to open.

Hi alphanumeric.

I had a friend who started getting a lot of strange links in his email and of course it was provided to me to fix.

From what I can tell, and this may not be your issue, MS is rolling out Safelink. It seems that when you click on a link in their premier mail products, that link is interrogated for baddies and is then opened for you.

I would google Safelink Outlook. I did not find a solution and this may not be your issue but it sounds like what could be happening.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Dec 1, 2017
  5. That appears to apply to Outlook in Office 365, Outlook.com and exchange. My links don't look to be altered. Not sure what's going on. It's really annoying and frustrating though.

alphanumeric, Dec 1, 2017
  6. Since you can control which sites you click and can just try this on Tenforums... have you tried disabling all AV's on your system. Just for a TenForums test.

Caledon Ken, Dec 2, 2017
  7. Yes, that was one of the first things I tried, it was my prime suspect. App & browser control is all set to Warn, as is Smart Screen. I turned it all off anyway along with real Time Protection and it didn't help.

alphanumeric, Dec 2, 2017
  8. HTML links in Outlook (office) 2016 taking a long time to open.

Just did a clean install of 10 Pro on my laptop, same install media I used on my desktop PC. Then installed Office from an ISO already on its Data drive and outlook is working fine. Same ISO (version) I used on my desktop PC. I guess it's time to copy that ISO over or download a new one from MSDN? Then uninstall and reinstall office?

9. Nice. How much is that MSDN license?

Caledon Ken, Dec 2, 2017
  10. It's a free perk of being a Microsoft MVP. We get a free, download only no media supplied, subscription. It stays active as long as we get renewed as an MVP.

11. I keep calling MSDN but its now Visual Studio Subscriptions. It's a nice perk, I can download pretty well any Microsoft software except games. And get the product codes to install and activate it. Just about to go and reinstall office on my desktop, I'm typing this from my laptop.

12. Good luck. Wonder what was causing glitch. The wonders of Windows..... we will never know.

Caledon Ken, Dec 2, 2017
  13. HTML links in Outlook (office) 2016 taking a long time to open.

Didn't help? Just started a third clean install of 10 Pro on that PC in an attempt to get things working correctly. Same thumb drive I used on my laptop, MCT x86x64 multi.

14. Well when I have an Outlook question I head to slipstick.com

Caledon Ken, Dec 2, 2017
  15. *Banghead Same deal, I have no idea why its like this on this PC and not my laptop?

Thema:

HTML links in Outlook (office) 2016 taking a long time to open.

1. HTML links in Outlook (office) 2016 taking a long time to open. - Similar Threads - HTML links Outlook

2. Startup apps take a long time to start opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup apps take a long time to start opening.: Hey! Recently I've encountered an issue in both Windows 10 and Windows 11, the startup apps take like 10 minutes until they start booting. I can assure the issue is not coming for my PC itself, its pretty much new, only built it like 5 months ago, moreover, this thing just...
  3. Startup apps take a long time to start opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup apps take a long time to start opening.: Hey! Recently I've encountered an issue in both Windows 10 and Windows 11, the startup apps take like 10 minutes until they start booting. I can assure the issue is not coming for my PC itself, its pretty much new, only built it like 5 months ago, moreover, this thing just...
  4. Applications take long time to install/open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications take long time to install/open: I have fresh windows on fresh very powerful computer so this shouldn't be the case but trying to open any installer of any app takes forever like 5 minutes and applications are sluggish to open. Idle resources are low meaning that there is nothing slowing down the computer....
  5. Applications take long time to install/open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications take long time to install/open: I have fresh windows on fresh very powerful computer so this shouldn't be the case but trying to open any installer of any app takes forever like 5 minutes and applications are sluggish to open. Idle resources are low meaning that there is nothing slowing down the computer....
  6. WordPad takes a long time to open or not opening

in Windows 10 News
    WordPad takes a long time to open or not opening: [IMG]If WordPad takes too long to open or just won’t open on your Windows PC, this guide will help you fix the issue. Why is my WordPad file not opening? If your WordPad app is not opening, it might be due to different reasons. Some potential causes of this problem include...
  7. Folders taking a long a time to open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders taking a long a time to open: Out of nowhere, any folder that i try to open, wheter in the SSD or external HDD, take about 30 seconds - 1min to open. It does eventually open but it's so slow. I tried restarting the computer and deleting the thumbnail cache and MORE IMPORTANT tried to navigate through...
  8. Apps/Programs take a long time to open/run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps/Programs take a long time to open/run: I have an Octo Core Processor but everything that I try to run/open up takes a long time, I have a reading showing that the Processor runs at around 2% to 3% and the 8GB of Ram is using about 45% to 48% when the computer is idle, how can I be using 45% of ram when the...
  9. Outlook 2016 opening URL links

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 opening URL links: Dear fellow members I hope you can help with an issue that I am facing at my work. I work in the IT department and all of the users are facing an annoying issue within the office applications specifically Outlook 2016. Whenever someone receives a mail with a URL link...
  10. Linking Outlook 2016 with Office 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Linking Outlook 2016 with Office 365: I have been running Exchange server 2010 on our network and recently subscribed to Office 365 online. I can access email ok on line through the Office 365 portal but cannot get Outlook 2016 on my PC to link with the online mail. Outlook 2016 on my PC (Windows 10, 64 bit...