Windows 10: HTML5 by default: Google’s plan to make Chrome’s Flash click-to-play

Discus and support HTML5 by default: Google’s plan to make Chrome’s Flash click-to-play in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; HTML5 by default: Google’s plan to make Chrome’s Flash click-to-play Google will be taking another step towards an HTML5-only Web later this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, May 15, 2016.

1. HTML5 by default: Google’s plan to make Chrome’s Flash click-to-play

HTML5 by default: Google’s plan to make Chrome’s Flash click-to-play

Read more: http://arstechnica.com/information-t...click-to-play/

:)

Cluster Head, May 15, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Adobe Flash

Google Chrome has Flash built in. There's nothing more to install.

You should know that Flash is very quickly going away and being replaced by other technologies, like HTML5. Flash is a security risk, and most browsers now block Flash content by default.

BulldogXX, May 15, 2016
  3. Windows 10/Internet Explorer 11 - Unable to play Video content

I've posted what may be the same problem. I'm guessing your "every video" refers to YouTube.

All HTML5 videos error in IE11/Edge since upgrade from earlier Windows 10 build to Anniversary Update

My problems are with IE 11 and Edge playing HTML5. I have no problems using Flash Player. It's not limited to YouTube. I hadn't tried Chrome, but your post prompted me to install Chrome, and I can play HTML5 videos in Chrome. My problem, which may the same
    as your problem, may be limited to IE11 and Edge.

If you can try to play YouTube videos using the Flash Player add-in (in IE11 and Edge) instead of HTML5, I can link your question in my post and if I get an answer, I can make sure you get the answer too. To force YouTube videos to use Flash Player instead
    of HTML5, add &nohtml5=1 to the end of the URL. There may be some Google account settings to accomplish this as well, but I don't log in to watch YouTube videos.

You can tell what player is being used by right clicking anywhere in the video and see what "About" option shows up at the bottom of the pop-up list.

ArmoredCPU, May 15, 2016
  4. Trust_No1 Win User

Despite all of Flash's failings, I find this move from Google, disheartening. I for one am not fond of the HTML5 video and music functions, not nearly the control options as flash. I have to wonder in the long run, if this may not harm Chrome more than help them.

Trust_No1, May 15, 2016
Thema:

1. HTML5 by default: Google’s plan to make Chrome’s Flash click-to-play - Similar Threads - HTML5 default Google’s

2. google chrome default program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    google chrome default program: Hello.I notice that when choose for example google chrome as the default browser when reopen settings is unmarked.Is that normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-default-program/770337ee-d87b-451c-86bf-87bb7c49a36d
  3. What are the steps to make Google Chrome as default?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the steps to make Google Chrome as default?: What are the steps to make Google Chrome default on my desktop computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-steps-to-make-google-chrome-as/30245ac4-b9ae-4c9d-84e4-40a968436c27
  4. What are the steps to make Google Chrome as default?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are the steps to make Google Chrome as default?: What are the steps to make Google Chrome default on my desktop computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-steps-to-make-google-chrome-as/30245ac4-b9ae-4c9d-84e4-40a968436c27
  5. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    google chrome as default browser: Hello!I'm having a strange repeting problem and I don't know what is causing it. I set google chrome as my default browser and yes when I open it, it's chrome that I see. The problem is when I open a new tab: it switches browser for no reasons. I ofter opens bing or yahoo...
  6. Should I make Google Chrome the Default browser/how?

in Browsers and Email
    Should I make Google Chrome the Default browser/how?: When I upgraded to 10Pro, from 10Home- Edge changed from Chrome Default to Edge Default? I Never use Edge, and prefer the Chrome Security features... Is there a reason to make Chrome Default (Sync is On)? If so- How do I do this, and Not get nagged by Edge? 173980
  7. Should I make Google Chrome the Default browser/how?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Should I make Google Chrome the Default browser/how?: When I upgraded to 10Pro, from 10Home- Edge changed from Chrome Default to Edge Default? I Never use Edge, and prefer the Chrome Security features... Is there a reason to make Chrome Default (Sync is On)? If so- How do I do this, and Not get nagged by Edge? 173980
  8. I can't make google chrome my default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't make google chrome my default browser: [ATTACH] So I set google chrome to be my default browser but whenever I click the "windows" button and search for something, it goes directly to microsoft edge. I am not sure how to fix that....
  9. Google Chrome Flashes BLACK

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Flashes BLACK: So, every so often, Google Chrome Version 70.0.3538.110 will flash BLACK, like it's refreshing or something. It's annoying, because if i'm streaming something, the stream stops and I have to refresh it. Is there any way to disable this? 122684
  10. Google Chrome Roll-out plan for HTML5 by Default

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Roll-out plan for HTML5 by Default: Four months ago we announced that we’d be moving to HTML5 By Default to offer a safer, more power-efficient experience. As a reminder, this change disables Adobe Flash Player unless there’s a user indication that they want Flash content on specific sites, and eventually all...