Windows 10: huge event log ,how can i fix it?

Discus and support huge event log ,how can i fix it? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hi from yesterday at every boot , i notice that my event log does grow up steadily and i haven't installed any software myevengviewer freezes ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by drugo, Apr 22, 2017.

1. drugo Win User

huge event log ,how can i fix it?

hi
    from yesterday at every boot , i notice that my event log does grow up steadily

and i haven't installed any software

myevengviewer freezes , on microsoft even viewer i can see it's the security that increase of 32.000 very quickly , and the file security is around 21mb in c:\Windows\system32\winevt\Logs\

i have tried cmd as adminsitrator SFC /verifyonly & /scanow without any error
    i tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth & Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase

nothing , no errors , my only software running is eset smart security updated

MyEventViewer.exe freezes tring to loading the event log

have you such issues ? have you found a fix?
    i have even run as administrator Clear_Event_Viewer_Logs.bat
    for /F "tokens=*" %%a in ('wevtutil.exe el') DO wevtutil.exe cl "%%a"

:)

drugo, Apr 22, 2017
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 22, 2017
  3. Catbill Win User
    How is Event Online Help supposed to work?

There are many errors in the Event Viewer. When I click "Event Log Online Help" a window opens asking if it is OK to send information across the internet. When I click Yes, a Technet page shows a series of issues that are not related to the event log issue.

Is it really supposed to work this way?? If so, how does it help me? If not, how can it be fixed? Is there not a listing somewhere of the Event IDs and suggested resolutions?

Thank you.

Catbill, Apr 22, 2017
  4. Baddog Win User

Try this:

• Go to Search, type powershell, right click on PowerShell and choose Run as administrator
    • Enter the following line into PowerShell and press Enter:
      • wevtutil el | Foreach-Object {wevtutil cl “$_”}
      • This did not remove all but some. *Cool

Baddog, Apr 24, 2017
  5. drugo Win User
    hi but this will clean my eventlog?
    can't understand why MyEventViewer.exe does freeze
    thanks

drugo, Apr 24, 2017
  6. AddRAM Win User
    AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. huge event log ,how can i fix it? - Similar Threads - huge event log

2. What is event 63, and how can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is event 63, and how can I fix it?: Randomly my computer will shut down and my fans start blasting. When I check the microsoft event viewer the event ID 63 happens 3 times whenever it happens. The text reads it won't allow me to send a screenshot "A provider, IntelMEProv, has been registered in the Windows...
  3. What is event 63, and how can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is event 63, and how can I fix it?: Randomly my computer will shut down and my fans start blasting. When I check the microsoft event viewer the event ID 63 happens 3 times whenever it happens. The text reads it won't allow me to send a screenshot "A provider, IntelMEProv, has been registered in the Windows...
  4. MSOLAP$Localcube I get this error message in the event log how can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSOLAP$Localcube I get this error message in the event log how can I fix it?: Every so often I check my Event log for errors, and I get the following error messages appearing 6 o 7 messages at a time within minutes in the application log:The description for Event ID 25 from source MSOLAP$LocalCube cannot be found. Either the component that raises this...
  5. MSOLAP$Localcube I get this error message in the event log how can I fix it?

MSOLAP$Localcube I get this error message in the event log how can I fix it?: Every so often I check my Event log for errors, and I get the following error messages appearing 6 o 7 messages at a time within minutes in the application log:The description for Event ID 25 from source MSOLAP$LocalCube cannot be found. Either the component that raises this...
  6. MSOLAP$Localcube I get this error message in the event log how can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Event 41, Kernel-Power. How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 41, Kernel-Power. How can I fix this?: When playing games around a few minutes in my pc bluescreens and restarts, checking event viewer I was able to pin point this event when I crashed. These are the details for the...
  8. Event 41, Kernel-Power. How can I fix this?

Event 41, Kernel-Power. How can I fix this?: When playing games around a few minutes in my pc bluescreens and restarts, checking event viewer I was able to pin point this event when I crashed. These are the details for the...
  9. How can i get rid of this huge gap?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i get rid of this huge gap?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/M4chineoffear [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vm6l0f/how_can_i_get_rid_of_this_huge_gap/
  10. How do I fix "failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 6?"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix "failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 6?": So I recently upgraded my CPU and apparently I didn't properly shut down my PC and it caused a dirty bit. Still not sure what this is So I looked up a solution to my PC attempting to repair my C: drive every time I boot. I tried doing a chkdsk c: /f, and I get the 'error'...