Windows 10: Huge fps drop on games after upgrading to Windows 10.

Discus and support Huge fps drop on games after upgrading to Windows 10. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 10 because there are a handful of upcoming games that I am interested in that are only available from the Windows store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by johnnysac5, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Huge fps drop on games after upgrading to Windows 10.

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 because there are a handful of upcoming games that I am interested in that are only available from the Windows store (Gears of War, Killer Instinct, and Quantum Break), and I also want to take advantage of dx12 when games start to utilize it. I've read that some people have noticed a minor dip in fps after upgrading, but my experience was so bad I had no choice but to revert back to Windows 7 Ultimate.

Examples:

Rise of the Tomb Raider- Windows 7-max fps-62, min fps-43. Windows 10-max fps-44, min fps-31
    Just Cause 3 Windows 7-max fps-54, min fps-30. Windows 10-a consistent 30 fps.
    Project Cars Windows 7-max fps-118, min fps-88. Windows 10- max fps 88, min fps-73.
    Mad Max Windows 7-max fps-111, min fps-88. Windows 10- a consistent 60 fps.

As you can see, these represent more than just a "slight drop" in framerate which I was willing to accept. Is anyone else having similiar issues with their gaming rig?

My pc

i7 4790k 4 ghz cpu
    gtx 980 ti x 2 SLI
    32 gb ddr3
    Asus Extreme Motherboard.

:)

johnnysac5, Feb 26, 2016
  2. Bfid_2 Win User

FPS drop Windows 10 from Windows 7

After upgrading to windows 10 I have had a massive FPS drop in every one of my games.

Games with 60+ FPS are now about 5-10. Is there any way to fix this?

Bfid_2, Feb 26, 2016
  3. Horrible Gaming Performance in Windows 10

I am an online player and I play all orignal games..none pirated..All games have huge FPS drop issues with the new windows 10..All games like Dota2,Counter Strike: Global Offensive are having huge FPS drops..

Is windows going to do some work on it or should I go back to win 8.1 which seemed to give good gaming experience atleast..

If there is going to be major update regarding to it then what is expected time that update may come by ?

AkashKhatri, Feb 26, 2016
  4. Archie123 Win User

Huge fps drop on games after upgrading to Windows 10.

are you playing these games at 4k? because if not there was something wrong with your rig before you upgraded , i have 1 980ti and get better fps in tomb raider that that at 1440p , what is your gpu usage on each card ingame? are you running crazy high AA settings (SSAA)? have you disabled vsync? what PSU do you have?

You should have no performance drops at all upgrading to ten with that rig

Archie123, Feb 26, 2016
  5. I should have clarified, I am gaming at 4k. I always keep AA off, and I turn vsync on within each game (not the nvidia control panel) in order to prevent screen tearing.

johnnysac5, Feb 26, 2016
  6. And I have a 1200 watt psu.

johnnysac5, Feb 26, 2016
  7. Archie123 Win User
    ok vsync will kill your fps especially at that res , you have a very nice rig how about investing in a gsync monitor to go with it? or even a high refresh rate montior 144hz? , then disable vsync (i can tell you that gsync is the best thing that has happened to pc gaming in years *Wink )

all that said your fps should not have tanked that bad in win 10 , what about gpu usage ingame? is it scaling well? i mean do you have even usage on both gpus? ubove 50%? you can use something like msi afterburner to monitor thisd ingame *Smile

Archie123, Feb 27, 2016
  8. Huge fps drop on games after upgrading to Windows 10.

Thanks for you're reply, Archie. I've been seriously considering a gsync monitor but I've yet to find a 4k one bigger than 28 inches without a 21:9 aspect ratio. I will download MSI afterburner and let you know the results *Smile

johnnysac5, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Huge fps drop on games after upgrading to Windows 10.

1. Huge fps drop on games after upgrading to Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Huge fps drop

2. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  3. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  4. FPS drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS drop in games: windows updates are causing fps drops down to 20 - 10 fps in games that used to run at 80 -100 fps. I have tried every single fix out there. i've tried several different graphics driver versions, reinstalling windows, even a complete factory reset . specs - Lenovo legion 5...
  5. FPS drop in games

FPS drop in games: windows updates are causing fps drops down to 20 - 10 fps in games that used to run at 80 -100 fps. I have tried every single fix out there. i've tried several different graphics driver versions, reinstalling windows, even a complete factory reset . specs - Lenovo legion 5...
  6. Fps drops in-game after few hours

Fps drops in-game after few hours: Hey, I'm Bhargav Motiwala. I'm using a Lenovo L340 gaming laptop 1TB storage. I play valorant everyday and recently I upgraded to Windows 11 and now I'm facing a problem that my fps everytime drops from 120fps to 40-50fps. I have tried multiple things like changing driver...
  7. Unable to gaming after windows update huge FPS drop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to gaming after windows update huge FPS drop: Dear Microsoft,Please let me know when i can play games again, because after i installed windows updates, almost all games have huge FPS drops in full screen mode.This is a huge problem for months now. I can't play old games too like games from 2007My PC:Asus n752vx...
  8. Huge FPS drop in game after upgrading to version 2004

Huge FPS drop in game after upgrading to version 2004: Had an upgrade to 2004 yesterday, opened up a game and found out the FPS dropped a lot, Deleted Windows.old because i didn't have much disk space left. Anyway to rollback to 1909 without reinstalling the whole system or just recover its file. Specs: i5-5200u GeForce 940M...
  9. Huge FPS drop after a driver ? update

Huge FPS drop after a driver ? update: Hello. I'm not sure if its the right place to ask so sorry in advance. After recently updating my NVIDIA Drivers to the newest version i have experienced a huge fps drop in all games. Note that i also updated windows the same day so that may be the cause as well, it wasnt...
  10. Fix Game FPS drops in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Game FPS drops in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Microsoft has pushed hard for Gaming on Windows 10 PCs. Every update has got something for gamers, but it’s not without hiccups and issues around gaming. One of the major problems reported by users is Game Stuttering with FPS drops for [...] This post Fix Game...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. massive fps drop and screen tearing windows 10