Windows 10: HWiNFO64 Shows DRIVE FAILURE in red "YES"

Discus and support HWiNFO64 Shows DRIVE FAILURE in red "YES" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Lenovo Thinkpad P51. 3 months old. win 10 pro 1703. Each day for the past three months I fire up HWiNFO64 and it shows all good. Today when I did it it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by phaedruspress, Mar 1, 2018.

1. HWiNFO64 Shows DRIVE FAILURE in red "YES"

Lenovo Thinkpad P51. 3 months old. win 10 pro 1703. Each day for the past three months I fire up HWiNFO64 and it shows all good. Today when I did it it showed for the SSD DRIVE FAILURE in red "YES". Lenovo tech support chat was a PIA. Thought I would check here and see what you all thought. When I ran S.M.A.R.T. drive status from the command prompt all was good. Coincidentally when I ran a diagnostic the other day it showed (if I am reading it correctly) all good:

SAMSUNG MZVPW256HEGL-000L7
    TEST_DEVICE_READ_TEST:::1.1.11:::e:::1 PassedTEST_SMART_WEAROUT_TEST:::1.1.14::*Redface:::1 Passed

I assume that the above info was a check of the SSD.

Lenovo chat said they could not access my IMGUR links but they work fine however I am including drop box links as well. Anyone know how often HWiNFO64 might give a false positive? TIA.

Imgur

Imgur

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ih1i4z56ya...Imgur.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pkttbl1lhu...Imgur.jpg?dl=0

:)

phaedruspress, Mar 1, 2018
  2. auggy Win User

CD/DVD drive not detected in Windows 10

Can you do the following:

In the Device Manager double-click "AMD SATA Controller" > Driver

What is the "Driver Version" ?

Also, how is the drive not working as the Device Manager does not show an issue with the drive itself.

auggy, Mar 1, 2018
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Mar 1, 2018
  4. HWiNFO64 Shows DRIVE FAILURE in red "YES"

PolarNettles, Mar 2, 2018
  5. Crystal Disk showed good as well as a 45 minute full Lenovo Diagnostic hardware scan and the above pic from running wmic diskdrive get status from the cmd prompt . I am beginning to think that the HWINFO ver. 5.72-3333 is giving me a false positive.

Lenovo Diag. Results:

SAMSUNG MZVPW256HEGL-000L7 - 238.47 GBs - SuccessDevice Tests:Device Read TestSuccessSmart Wearout TestSuccessDevice Write TestSuccess

HWiNFO64 Shows DRIVE FAILURE in red "YES" [​IMG]

phaedruspress, Mar 2, 2018
  6. Do NVMe drives not report the current/worst/threshold values like you see in my screenshot? Just curious if you have another drive whether those columns are displayed.

7. Honestly this is the first time I have used the app and even when you wrote current/ worst/ I can not tell what you are referring to in your screen shot above. I do have another drive (HDD) in the machine. I am posting screen shots below. Tell me if that was the kind of info you were looking for. And as far as what NVMe drives do and do not report I do not have the answer for that. The Crystal window would not maximize so the second screenshot shows the cropped portion.

8. HWiNFO64 Shows DRIVE FAILURE in red "YES"

I'm referring to the current/worst/threshold columns in the middle of your last screenshot. I just wanted to check if you had hidden those columns in your NVMe screenshot since those are the values that actually determine if there's a failure.

9. Oh. OK, well that was obvious. So I guess the conclusion is that the SAMSUNG MZVPW256HEGL-000L7 SSD does not show that info in Crystal. Is that then your take away as well?

10. It may be that these utilities don't yet fully support the SMART data format that the SM961 uses. I see Tom's review also shows the same thing - Samsung SM961 SSD - Performance Test Results

I suspect that's why HWINFO shows the failure. If the Samsung utility shows no problems then I would trust it.

11. Good Tom's article. In my first post to refresh I said,"Lenovo Thinkpad P51. 3 months old. win 10 pro 1703. Each day for the past three months I fire up HWiNFO64 and it shows all good."

So that was why I was concerned. For 90 days no red flags then WHAM.

>If the Samsung utility shows no problems then I would trust it.

Actually I was going to hunt around tonight for a Samsung app to see if there was one specific for this SSD to give it a check. The app that I used before that performed a 45 minute diagnostic was actually from Lenovo.

Thanks for your help.

phaedruspress, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

HWiNFO64 Shows DRIVE FAILURE in red "YES"

1. HWiNFO64 Shows DRIVE FAILURE in red "YES" - Similar Threads - HWiNFO64 Shows DRIVE

2. L3 frequency show wrong r5 5500 hwinfo64

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    L3 frequency show wrong r5 5500 hwinfo64: I recently notice my L3 cache frequency behavior is Weird it jump upto 120000mhz and back to normal it jump any above processor frequency so its just a glitch or any problem in cpu i reinstall window updated bios installed latest amd chipset driver reinstall hwinfo 64 r5 5500...
  3. L3 frequency show wrong r5 5500 hwinfo64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    L3 frequency show wrong r5 5500 hwinfo64: I recently notice my L3 cache frequency behavior is Weird it jump upto 120000mhz and back to normal it jump any above processor frequency so its just a glitch or any problem in cpu i reinstall window updated bios installed latest amd chipset driver reinstall hwinfo 64 r5 5500...
  4. L3 frequency show wrong r5 5500 hwinfo64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. UAC contol shows no Yes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC contol shows no Yes: I'm am trying to fix my mother's Windows which is not allowing her UAC. The yes doesn't show when trying to make changes on the Laptop.I tried using the Lusrmgr but it is Windows Home Version.Tried Recovery and Safe Mode but there is no Administrator active.The Net User...
  6. Display showing red tint

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display showing red tint: So I have a Gtx 1050ti, and my display is showing a red tint just after I sign in into my pc. I tried changing the settings, nvidia control panel, night light and even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. It just keep happening again, the screen gets to...
  7. Perfomence Failure and Task Manger Shows Disk Usage Always 100% with red color

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Perfomence Failure and Task Manger Shows Disk Usage Always 100% with red color: Hi guys ,I am facing problem with low performance and in task manger shows Disk performance 100% like below image ,please give me suggestions for this. [ATTACH]...
  8. Computer not connecting to mapped network drives - also shows red X

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer not connecting to mapped network drives - also shows red X: Hello all, In our office we have a computer drive that we are all mapped to. We need to be mapped and connected to it in order to do our work. When I restart my computer or leave it overnight and come back, the network drive looks like this: [ATTACH] When I click on the...
  9. Drive icons turn red

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive icons turn red: When look at This PC (in tile view) I get an icon for each drive with a stripe above it showing usage. Sometimes the bar goes red. I assume to show the drive is too full. What ratio is used? Can I change It ? Don Cole 65854
  10. Mapped drives show disconnected red x on most boots

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapped drives show disconnected red x on most boots: I have three NAS drives and have them mapped as X Y and Z on both our machines. On one machine two of these mapped drives often show as red x disconnected on every boot. I just have to click on them to make them connected. But I wonder how to get around this slight annoyance....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hwinfo says drive failure

2. hwinfo ssd drive failure