Windows 10: Hydranix's Telemetry Disabler (Script to stop Windows tracking you)

Discus and support Hydranix's Telemetry Disabler (Script to stop Windows tracking you) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I wrote a quick batch script to disable some of the Windows 10 telemetry. It's interactive, safe*, and easy to use. Download Link: Script... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Hydranix, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Hydranix Win User

Hydranix's Telemetry Disabler (Script to stop Windows tracking you)

I wrote a quick batch script to disable some of the Windows 10 telemetry.

It's interactive, safe*, and easy to use.

Download Link: Script

I'm working on a more comprehensive application to control the telemetry in windows 10. A true C++ application, but there's a lot more testing to be done before I can share that.

* Safe, but some options are permanent.

:)

Hydranix, Aug 14, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Is Compatibility Telemetry required for Windows Security and Applicaion Updates?

For a full explanation of Compatibility Telemetry -
    Click HERE
    , and yes if you disable Compatibility Telemetry you will still receive all updates and Windows Store will continue to work!

To stop Compatibility Telemetry completely, go to Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services and find the Diagnostics Tracking Service, double click it, in the resulting dialog, stop the service and set startup to Disabled

DaveM121, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Karla Alm Win User
    Unecessarry Overutilization of Computer Resources

To further assist you, we suggest that you disable Windows Telemetry by following these steps:

• Click Start menu then type Services.
    • Look for Diagnostics Tracking Service in the list and open its Property Sheet.
    • Stop Diagnostics Tracking Service and change the Startup type to Disabled.

You can also check this link: Configure Windows telemetry in your organization for further
    information about Windows Telemetry.

Let us know if you have other queries.

Karla Alm, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

Hydranix's Telemetry Disabler (Script to stop Windows tracking you)

1. Hydranix's Telemetry Disabler (Script to stop Windows tracking you) - Similar Threads - Hydranix's Telemetry Disabler

2. Disabling Telemetry no longer actually disables telemetry, even in Enterprise. Instead...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling Telemetry no longer actually disables telemetry, even in Enterprise. Instead...: Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/uQFu654.png Both the Group Policy setting (and its corresponding Registry Editor setting) are applied to the old "Disable Telemetry" option. (Setting the GPO also sets the Registry setting.) But look here, at least in Build 21H1, Option 0...
  3. Disabling Telemetry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Telemetry: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro license and feel strongly that as a paying customer rather than someone that was "gifted" a copy of the Home edition when I bought my laptop, I should have a degree of control over the operating system. I've disabled telemetry every time W10 is...
  4. Stop telemetry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stop telemetry: What is the best way to stop Windows 10 telemetry short of disconnecting from the internet? I'm finding conflicting articles with some saying to edit group policy and others staying that it can't be stopped. The best guide I've found is this one: Stop Windows 10 spying on you...
  5. Can you fully disable telemetry in windows 10 by using a reg edit?

Can you fully disable telemetry in windows 10 by using a reg edit?: I’ve heard a lot about windows telemetry lately, I’m wondering if there is anyway to fully get rid of it, or minimize it to be as little intrusive as possible. I heard you can disable it by using a registration edit, but I heard that it will just turn on in the next Windows...
  6. Using applications to stop telemetry

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using applications to stop telemetry: Hello, I am asking this question today, I am aware that using applications to stop telemetry of windows 10 (and other things) might break the operating system and causing security issues. I am studying this right now.. and even with legitimate license of Windows 10 and...
  7. Disable telemetry and keep Windows store working

Disable telemetry and keep Windows store working: So as the title suggests, I want to disable as much of the telemetry in Windows as possible while not breaking the Microsoft store so I can keep playing my games. I’ve tried looking up resources on what tasks are necessary to keep it running but I can’t find anything. Does...
  8. Windows Tracking Disable Tool?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Tracking Disable Tool?: Is this safe? http://www.myce.com/news/developer-c...dows-10-76896/ I really don't like the idea of Microsoft tracking everything I do. 16954
  9. Registry setting to disable telemetry

Registry setting to disable telemetry: Is there a registry setting that would disable telemetry to Microsoft - - without creating "Some settings are managed by your organization" problem? 59236
  10. Windows 10 Pro Telemetry - Disable

Windows 10 Pro Telemetry - Disable: I have gone through seemingly endless forums and posts about getting Microsoft out of my data and it seems that nothing is a true solution - by the time the computer starts up again, it is back to factory "steal my data" settings. I consult on a wide range of projects, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. batch script to disable telemetry