Windows 10: Hyper links in Mail do not work

Discus and support Hyper links in Mail do not work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using Win 10 Evaluation 17723.1000 (windows insider) Since upgrading to this build I find that hyper links withing mail app (recommended for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GrahamGiles1, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Hyper links in Mail do not work

I am using Win 10 Evaluation 17723.1000 (windows insider)

Since upgrading to this build I find that hyper links withing mail app (recommended for win 10 ) does not work

keep getting message cant open this link

I use Outlook 2016 then it works ok

should I restore build17723 everything worked OK

or wait until Microsoft fixes this bug

:)

GrahamGiles1, Aug 2, 2018
  2. Rose W Win User

Links not working in any mail client.

Right click on the taskbar start button to get a pop out menu.
    Choose and click on Control Panel
    The control panel items box will pop up with titles in alphabetical order
    Choose and click on Default Programs
    In the listed choices, select the second choice

Hyper links in Mail do not work [​IMG]

Browse down through the list to PROTOCALS
    You are checking to see the internet browser that is associated with a link. If it is not the expected or there is nothing there then use the Change Program button to get the browser of choice

Hyper links in Mail do not work [​IMG]

If the expected browser is listed but your email links are still not connecting then its some other troubleshooting path to investigate

Rose W, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Hyper links in Mail do not work

e mail link

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Which web browser are you using?
    • Are you using Windows Mail App or Outlook Mail?
    I suggest you to make Internet Explorer as default browser and then check the issue. Follow the steps given in the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/internet-explorer/make-ie-default-browser#ie=ie-11

Please get back to us with the information required and results of the above instructions.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

Hyper links in Mail do not work

1. Hyper links in Mail do not work - Similar Threads - Hyper links Mail

2. How to link Hyper X and PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to link Hyper X and PC: Brand new Hyper X stinger headset wired with brand new PC tried single ports and splitters green/pink and plain ports. But only get sound through port on monitor but Mic not working through monitor but can not get sound or mic through PC. Help - non tech person here at end of...
  3. links in Yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    links in Yahoo mail: With the start of Windows 11 I can't open links in my Yahoo mail account anymore. does anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-in-yahoo-mail/ecf0b2fe-6a9b-40dd-b678-446afd3e1731
  4. Windows Mail links don't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Mail links don't work: A few days ago, Windows Mail links stopped working. The links themselves are fine and correct as I can copy a link and paste it in any browser and it resolves correctly. I tried a suggestion I had read earlier where I removed a mail account and re-added it, but that didn't...
  5. PDF doc to Hyper link?

PDF doc to Hyper link?: I have a PDF book I would like to share with FB funs , I would like to turn it into a hyper link to make it trusted. how do I get this done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-doc-to-hyper-link/e08510ea-765b-4e91-a963-c0f2e76bc1aa
  6. Links in e-mails

Links in e-mails: I now cant open e-mail links where I previously could. My mail is provided by BT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-in-e-mails/f3470bc8-50df-45a0-9e39-20bc0f11035f
  7. Mail links

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail links: In the past, whenever I click on a link in an email I'm taken directly to my browser and the link tab opens. Now when I hit a link in and email I can see the tab open in the browser but the mail window remains on top. What setting has changed? Is it MS mail or in my...
  8. links in mail account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    links in mail account: Recently I am unable to open links from my windows mail how do I fix this- I can open them from the outlook.com website- but not from the windows mail app on my pc Moved from: Outlook.com / Email / Sending, receiving, and reading email...
  9. Hyper Links

in Browsers and Email
    Hyper Links: Having trouble with Outlook 2013 and Edge. Outlook will not open hyper links. This problem used to be solved by setting IE as default browser. How is this done with Edge? Solved the problem using the Microsoft Fix It program. 7909
  10. Links not working in any mail client.

in Browsers and Email
    Links not working in any mail client.: I tried in MS mail and outlook to click on links and none of them go to any browser that I use, (Edge, FireFox or Chrome. The links are there the way they should show but no action when I click on them. 36382