Windows 10: Hyper-V – BSOD or repair screen

Discus and support Hyper-V – BSOD or repair screen in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro 1709, x64. Lenovo desktop, 12 GB memory. I´ve trying to do a virtual boot of a backup image created with Macrium Reflect, using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Anibor, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Anibor Win User

Hyper-V – BSOD or repair screen

Windows 10 Pro 1709, x64. Lenovo desktop, 12 GB memory.

I´ve trying to do a virtual boot of a backup image created with Macrium Reflect, using Macrium viBoot.

When the vm is started, there appears a BSOD in Hyper-V (Page fault in nonpaged area), or a “Preparing repair” screen. Sometimes the BSOD appears after the “repairing” screen, sometimes Windows boots after the repair screens are navigated and the “Continue with Windows 10” option is selected.

The problem doesn´t seem to be related to Macrium software (ViBoot or Reflect), because the same happens with Terabyte programs when attempting a similar process.

In both cases, these processes worked well previously, with Windows 1703.

The computer is working normally, no BSODs, errors or any other problem. No problems with the disk either.

Any idea will be appreciated.

:)

Anibor, Oct 30, 2017
  2. xvsxodia Win User

KB3199209 crash with all OS emulators !!

Same problem here! Uninstall Hyper-V and all works well. Re-install Hyper-V and BSOD. I need this fixed yesterday!!

xvsxodia, Oct 30, 2017
  3. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION after update Visual Studio 2015 on Win 10

Thx for the reply.

After a lot of trys, i managed to solve the problem by uninstalling visual studio 2015 community and disabling Hyper-V using next command prompt as an adminstrator.

dism.exe /Online /Disable-Feature:Microsoft-Hyper-V

Reason:

Installing visual studio 2015 community enabled the previous disabled Hyper-V again, resulting in BSOD when using Bluestacks.

Possible Fix:

Installing visual studio 2015 community and disabling Hyper-V should also work i believe, but did not tested this yet. (I hate those BSOD)

Bluestacks is up and running again without any issue now.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Regards Stephan Kortleven

StephanKortleven, Oct 30, 2017
  4. Anibor Win User

Solved. The problem disappeared when I tried with Windows 10 1709 build 64 and Image for Windows 3.13. I haven´t tried with viBoot, but I´d expect a similar result.

Anibor, Nov 13, 2017
Thema:

1. Hyper-V – BSOD or repair screen - Similar Threads - Hyper – BSOD

2. Installing Hyper-V Results in BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Hyper-V Results in BSOD: On a Fresh Windows10 install I've tried to add Hyper-V and run into this error:System thread Exception not handled - ISASTORAVC.SYSI've got drivers installed although I've now installed them 3x since yesterday as this error causes Windows to become unbootable and then...
  3. Installing Hyper-V Results in BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Hyper-V Results in BSOD: On a Fresh Windows10 install I've tried to add Hyper-V and run into this error:System thread Exception not handled - ISASTORAVC.SYSI've got drivers installed although I've now installed them 3x since yesterday as this error causes Windows to become unbootable and then...
  4. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  5. Hyper-V Full Screen after minimising session?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Full Screen after minimising session?: I know yu can alter the hyper-v configuration files so it starts in full screen mode, but if you minimise a session to the taskbar, and maximise again, it always reverts to windows mode rather than full screen mode, and you have to manually set to fullscreen again Anybody...
  6. Clarification on Hyper-V

Clarification on Hyper-V: I see that Windows 10 Pro includes Hyper-V. If enabled, would this work on a client system much the same way as VMWare Player, VirtualBox, etc? I'm very familiar with both of those hypervisors, but have never used the Microsoft offering, and I'm just looking for...
  7. Hyper-V no sound

Hyper-V no sound: Is there anyway to get sound with the various VM's that I have created in Hyper-V ? I am currently using it in 8.1 Pro. Larry 4927
  8. Hyper-V – software rendering & screen resolution

Hyper-V – software rendering & screen resolution: I am a new user of Hyper-V on a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit host, and have just installed Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon 64-bit. I have two queries from my initial use, and am hoping that experienced users can give me some guidance. (1) When Linux is first launched I am given a warning...
  9. Audio in hyper-v

Audio in hyper-v: So how do I get my headset which is usb to work in hyper-v? 5735
  10. Hyper-V & Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V & Win10: I decided to install Win10 in a Virtual Machine and settled on Hyper-V. I'm using the setup now to create this thread. There were a few hurdles to get over. 1) Hyper-V needed to be added to my Win8 install Program & Features-> Turn on Windows features->Hyper-V When...
Tags: