Windows 10: Hyper-V Default Switch Extension "Not operating correctly"

Discus and support Hyper-V Default Switch Extension "Not operating correctly" in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I just got force fed the 1709 Build 16299.64 update and I am having a problem with the new Default Switch that is a part of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Alex11, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Alex11 Win User

Hyper-V Default Switch Extension "Not operating correctly"

Hello everyone. I just got force fed the 1709 Build 16299.64 update and I am having a problem with the new Default Switch that is a part of the Hyper-V. When I go to look at the settings I see an error about the Microsoft Azure VFP Switch Extension as it says down below "The selected Extension is not working correctly" I am currently unable to use this marvelous new creation. Has anyone else experienced this or have some guidance on how to correct?

Hyper-V Default Switch Extension "Not operating correctly" [​IMG]

:)

Alex11, Nov 30, 2017

2. Internet Explorer (and Edge) "can't find this page" for some web sites

I had forgotten about those. Is the Ethernet port your Hyper-V virtual switch?

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Nov 30, 2017
  3. MIracast to television via Roku device. Image perfect, however the only sound produced is static.

I had a similar issue after 1709 which was related to having Hyper-V installed and the default switch. After 1709 Hyper-V installs a default switch, if the default switch is associated to your wireless nic i found that miracast stops working all together,
    regardless of device (roku, samsung tv, sony tv) Unfortunately the only way i have found to get this going is to uninstall Hyper-V. With sound if you load say a youtube video and start playing it, you can enable miracast after the video starts playing the
    sound works flawlessly, no volune at 5 with hiss in the background. They are the only workarounds that seem to work.

Damien Samios - SOLVit Network Support, Nov 30, 2017
Thema:

Hyper-V Default Switch Extension "Not operating correctly"

1. Hyper-V Default Switch Extension "Not operating correctly" - Similar Threads - Hyper Default Switch

2. Hyper-V VM's have no internet connection with default switch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper-V VM's have no internet connection with default switch: Hello,I frequently make VM's with hyper-v either to test things, or just for convenience's sake. usually with windows on them as well.But recently, any VM's I make or have previously made can't connect to the internet at all. I usually just use the "default switch", but that...
  3. Hyper-V "Default Switch" No Internet with Security Baseline

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V "Default Switch" No Internet with Security Baseline: Hi,I am managing devices with Intune and doing testing of the Microsoft Security Baseline being applied to Windows 10 devices. Functionality has been fine with the Security Baseline except for Virtual Machines running in Hyper-V and using the "Default Switch" do not get...
  4. Windows 10 Hyper-V "Default Switch" question

Windows 10 Hyper-V "Default Switch" question: Hi, The VMs on Windows 10 Hyper-V set to use the default switch on Windows 10 Hyper-V receive dynamic IP addresses. There is no setting to set it to static. I'm assuming there is NAT set up behind the scene that supplies those IPs. To get around this issue I have set up a...
  5. Hyper-v default switch (NAT), no internet network

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-v default switch (NAT), no internet network: Hi all, I have a problem with my hyper-v default virtual switch. If I want to have an internet access on my Hyper-v win 10 virtual machine, i have to start (once) windows sandbox (workaround). After windows sandbox is started, new NIC is created in my win 10 virtual machine...
  6. Hyper-V VM Networking thru the default switch

Hyper-V VM Networking thru the default switch: Hello, I'm trying to get networking working in a VM using the hyper-v default switch. Eventually I want to run a Linux image, but I'm starting with Windows 10 'dev environment' image to work things out. The Windows image starts, and thinks it has an up adapter, got the...
  7. Hyper-V. Cannot delete "Default Switch" after Fall Creators Update.

Hyper-V. Cannot delete "Default Switch" after Fall Creators Update.: Hello, after update to Fall Creators Update i cannot delete vEthernet (Default Switch) in Hype-V. When deleted from connections in control pannel it is created again after reboot. If disabled it stays after reboot but new connection with #2 is created. When clicking delete...
  8. Can't enable Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch in Networking

Can't enable Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch in Networking: I can find the dialog to enable the Hyper-V Extensible Switch for my network card but when I say OK then it says: "Your current selection will also disable the following features: Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch" Yes or No Either way the selection becomes...
  9. Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Hyper-V Virtual Switch: I cannot create a Virtual switch when using Hyper-V get this error message: [img] I am using a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter and running Hyper-V with Admin Privleges. Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio i7 with 8GB Ram running Windows 10 pro. Thanks...
  10. Cannot use Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch

Cannot use Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch: Hey, new here. I wasn't sure if this should go in Network and Sharing or Programs and Apps, so I apologize if this is in the wrong category. Anyways, while trying to set up a virtual switch I discover I need to install the 'Hyper-v Extensible Virtual Switch' network...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the selected extension is not operating correctly hyper-v