Windows 10: Hyper-V fails to run a virtual machine saying hypervisor*isn't running

Discus and support Hyper-V fails to run a virtual machine saying hypervisor*isn't running in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi all, Title says it all. I'm using Win10 Enterprise edition Insider Preview 15007 on an Intel Core 2 duo based notebook with 4gb ram. When I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by maverick6664, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Hyper-V fails to run a virtual machine saying hypervisor*isn't running

Hi all,

Title says it all. I'm using Win10 Enterprise edition Insider Preview 15007 on an Intel Core 2 duo based notebook with 4gb ram. When I tried hyper-v some months ago, it succeeded.

I don't know why it doesn't run. Intel Virtualization Technology is on according to Intel Processor Identification Utility. At least some*months ago, it worked.

What's wrong?

Thanks in advance.

:)

maverick6664, Jan 14, 2017
  2. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Jan 14, 2017
  3. Cannot turn off Hyper V, cannot run Virtual Box machines or VMWare machines

Since the latest update:

Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Verion: 1607

OS Build: 14393.222

I can no longer turn off Hyper V and thus cannot run Virtual Box machines or VMware machines.

When I attempt to turn off Hyper V and restart Windows as requested, Windows simply re-enables Hyper V.

Then when I try to run a Virtual Box machine, I get an error like this:

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Centos 70.

VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX).

Result Code:

Component:
    ConsoleWrap

Interface:
    IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

When I try to start a VMware machine, I get this:

VMware Player and Hyper-V are not compatible. Remove the Hyper-V role from the system before running VMware Player.

But as I have noted, I am not able to turn off Hyper-V since the Anniversary Update.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Joseph Heaphey, Jan 14, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Hyper-V fails to run a virtual machine saying hypervisor*isn't running

see tutorial on how to setup hyper-v in tutorial section. In section 2 (I think) is a bcdedit command you need to run, then reboot.

cereberus, Jan 14, 2017
Thema:

Hyper-V fails to run a virtual machine saying hypervisor*isn't running

1. Hyper-V fails to run a virtual machine saying hypervisor*isn't running - Similar Threads - Hyper fails run

2. Hyper-V failed to start the virtual machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V failed to start the virtual machine: Before updating to Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25905, the virtual machine has been in normal use, and after the recent update, it suddenly found that the normally shut down virtual machine cannot be turned on, and when trying to boot it will throw "Win10 virtual machine...
  3. Hyper-V failed to start the virtual machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V failed to start the virtual machine: Before updating to Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25905, the virtual machine has been in normal use, and after the recent update, it suddenly found that the normally shut down virtual machine cannot be turned on, and when trying to boot it will throw "Win10 virtual machine...
  4. How to maximize a running game window in hyper-v virtual machine ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to maximize a running game window in hyper-v virtual machine ?: i have windows 10 pro and i installed the hyper-v virtual machine and on the virtual machine i installed window 8.1 pro now when i'm running a game on the virtual machine i can hear the sound of the game but the game window is too small and i can't maximize it.this is a...
  5. How to maximize a running game window in hyper-v virtual machine ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to maximize a running game window in hyper-v virtual machine ?: i have windows 10 pro and i installed the hyper-v virtual machine and on the virtual machine i installed window 8.1 pro now when i'm running a game on the virtual machine i can hear the sound of the game but the game window is too small and i can't maximize it.this is a...
  6. How to maximize a running game window in hyper-v virtual machine ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How isolated is a Linux virtual machine running inside of hyper-v

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How isolated is a Linux virtual machine running inside of hyper-v: Hi all, New windows user alert : I'm wondering how isolated can a Linux virtual machine be running inside Hyper-V. On mac I run linux inside VMware Fusion with isolation settings set to max e.g. no file sharing, clipboard etc... and whenever I have a suspicious URL or...
  8. Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine: How to: Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine [img] Information Nested Virtualization means that user can enable Hyper-V on existing virtual machines, and run virtual machines and Windows Sandbox on them. To make Nested Virtualization...
  9. Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature: I am using Windows 10 Insider Preview 11082 (upgraded from Windows 1151 fully updated. I had installed the Hyper-V feature in the latest Windows 1151 but had not used it before I received and installer the Insider Preview edition. The Hyper-V Manager was configured OK...
  10. Running Hyper-V and VMware on the same machine?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Running Hyper-V and VMware on the same machine?: As the title indicated, anybody tried running both successfully on Win 10? I've seen people doing that on Win 8 forum( Solved Hyper V and VMWare on the same machine - Page 2 ), so I'm wondering if this method would work on Win 10... Any help/pointers would be great as I...
Tags: