Windows 10: Hyper-V Full Screen after minimising session?

Discus and support Hyper-V Full Screen after minimising session? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I know yu can alter the hyper-v configuration files so it starts in full screen mode, but if you minimise a session to the taskbar, and maximise again,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by cereberus, Oct 14, 2016.

1. cereberus Win User

Hyper-V Full Screen after minimising session?

I know yu can alter the hyper-v configuration files so it starts in full screen mode, but if you minimise a session to the taskbar, and maximise again, it always reverts to windows mode rather than full screen mode, and you have to manually set to fullscreen again

Anybody know of a way of maximising back to full screen mode directly?

:)

cereberus, Oct 14, 2016

2. Hyper-V 2012 R2 on Windows 10 stuck in full screen mode

See instructions how to exit full screen mode:

Exit Full Screen mode in Hyper-V

Andre Da Costa, Oct 14, 2016
  3. Hyper-V 2012 R2 on Windows 10 stuck in full screen mode

I just downloaded Hyper-V 2012 R2 on Windows 10. I haven't configured it yet but cannot get out of full screen mode. Please help!!

dbaclaudia, Oct 14, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

If there is such a setting, I do not know it. I use a simple CTRL+ALT+PAUSE/BREAK keyboard shortcut to fast toggle vm full screen / windowed.

5. cereberus Win User
    Yeah - I prefer mouse clicking though - even then it is not as elegant as vmware ie a single icon to click.

If you do not know, I doubt it is possible (*Smile for you), (*Sad for me).

cereberus, Oct 14, 2016
  6. cereberus Win User
    I have just realised that now when you minimise a full screen Hyper-V session, and then maximise it, it now opens full screen.

A small but irritating issue fixed.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hyper-V Full Screen after minimising session? - Similar Threads - Hyper Full Screen

2. Hyper-V's enhance session does not work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V's enhance session does not work.: Hello, I use Hyper-V on Windows 10 education version 1909. All enhance session parts in Hyper-V setting are enabled. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] but the icon of enhance session in connection's window does not appear. I want to use the sound device in my VM with this,...
  3. Display configuration on enhanced session Hyper V

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display configuration on enhanced session Hyper V: I have enabled the Enhanced session on the Hyper-V manager and the Guest services in the integration services. The below screen shows up once i reboot the server but i forgot to press show option to enable PNP. Is there a way to open the below screen again please....
  4. Hyper-V in Windows 10 1709 FCU, enhanced session not working?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V in Windows 10 1709 FCU, enhanced session not working?: I have a fresh install of Windows 10 1709 Education N, and using the same image I made a Gen2 VM in Hyper-V. I thought something was off and then I noticed that enhanced mode wasn't on at all, and it is greyed out in the menu. It is enabled in Hyper-V settings. I only found...
  5. Hyper-V "Enhanoced Session Mode" : Ok with any system?

Hyper-V "Enhanoced Session Mode" : Ok with any system?: Hello, i turned on the accurate service and checked the option is ticked; it was already the case. Then i did "connect" but the windows for the "Enhanoced Session Mode" settings didn't appear.. So i'm wondering : is this restricted to specific systems/settings? The VM must be...
  6. Hyper-V – BSOD or repair screen

Hyper-V – BSOD or repair screen: Windows 10 Pro 1709, x64. Lenovo desktop, 12 GB memory. I´ve trying to do a virtual boot of a backup image created with Macrium Reflect, using Macrium viBoot. When the vm is started, there appears a BSOD in Hyper-V (Page fault in nonpaged area), or a “Preparing...
  7. No full screen console in Windows XP running as Hyper-V guest

No full screen console in Windows XP running as Hyper-V guest: I have an old DOS program that runs fine in a console window under native Windows XP. I've setup a shortcut on the XP machines and selected full screen. When the application runs it opens full screen. On a Windows 10 with a Hyper-V instance of Windows XP the application is...
  8. Getting Sound in 10 Home Hyper-V session

Getting Sound in 10 Home Hyper-V session: As most users will be aware, one restriction in Hyper-V is that you can only run 10 Home in a Hyper-V virtual machine as a basic session (as it does not have RDP server capability), and cannot then get sound. To date, I have had to use VMWare to play Home VMs and get...
  9. Minimising & full screen mode problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Minimising & full screen mode problems: This is something that is driving me crazy *Confused So I thought I would share & hope someone has found a problem. 2 systems identical other than the CPU, 1 is FX 8350 & the other is FX 8370. Anyways. System A I use & have had windows 10 installed, updated along with...
  10. Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10 Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used and...
Tags: