Windows 10: Hyper-V installation causes boot failure

Discus and support Hyper-V installation causes boot failure in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hello all. James here. I'm trying to setup Hyper-V, using Kari's tutorial. After I select the modules, Windows installs them and asks for a reboot.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by James7679, Sep 12, 2015.

1. James7679 Win User

Hyper-V installation causes boot failure

Hello all.

James here. I'm trying to setup Hyper-V, using Kari's tutorial. After I select the modules, Windows installs them and asks for a reboot. I oblige and then the system loops. I have tried three times and have had to restore all three times.

I have enabled Intel VM in the BIOS. I have tried it with VM-D enabled and disabled, no difference.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks guys and gals.

James

:)

James7679, Sep 12, 2015
  2. DAVIDOMNI Win User

Hyper-V causing boot loop in Windows 10 Pro x64

Since the failure occurs between POST & 1 second of Windows booting there’s no logging. I did check Event Viewer for pre-restart errors related to Hyper-V’s feature install & nothing was logged. So…

DAVIDOMNI, Sep 12, 2015
  3. UK Kid Win User
    Windows 10 VDS fails to launch provider {CA7DE14F-5BC8-48FD-93DE-A19527B0459E}. Error code: 80072498@0200000C

Looks like I found the problem, Hyper-V. I had Hyper-V feature installed on the system for testing and it caused the issue. As soon as I uninstalled Hyper-V everything is working perfectly.

UK Kid, Sep 12, 2015
  4. James7679 Win User

I figured it out. DEP was not enabled in the BIOS. After enabling it, Hyper-V works fine.

James7679, Sep 12, 2015
  5. Kari Win User
    Good to know you got it fixed *Smile

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hyper-V installation causes boot failure - Similar Threads - Hyper installation causes

2. Hyper-V causing network issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper-V causing network issues: Ok so I have a really specific issue that I couldn't seem to find a solution for. There is a bit of background so bear with me. I just built a new PC about a month ago and install Windows 10 pro on it. I connected my PC to the internet via ethernet connection. A couple of...
  3. Hyper-V installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V installation: I have Windows 10 PRO and just turned on Hyper-V to set up a virtual machine. Everything went well until I tried to install the operating system. I bought a version of windows 10 home for this purpose but its on a USB drive and the installation setup doesn't accept this...
  4. Enabling Hyper-V causes Windows 10 unable to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Enabling Hyper-V causes Windows 10 unable to boot: I'm having issues enabling Hyper-V in the "Add Windows Features" option in the control panel. I was hoping to increase performance with Google's Android Emulator for testing. Upon enabling Hyper-V, Windows applies changes and resets. Windows is then unable to boot after this....
  5. Hyper-V Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V Installation: Hello all, Thanks to everyone who replied to my las question in regard to installing Microsoft's "Virtual PC" program on my Windows 10 Pro machine. I asked if there was a Microsoft program, such as "Virtual PC," which I had installed on my Windows 7 Professional machine -...
  6. Adding Hyper-V feature causes a failure in display setting!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Hyper-V feature causes a failure in display setting!: I have a notebook and a second monitor connected. In other words, I have 2 screens for working. I wanted to use Hyper-V. So, I added Hyper-V feature to my Windows 10 Pro. However, it tells me that I now have 3 screens: "1|2", "5", "6". What!!! I have only just two...
  7. Error when installing Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Error when installing Hyper-V: I thought I would try out Hyper-V for the first time ever. However I'm getting an error message when installing it. [img] 17535
  8. Clean install 15014 in hyper-v

Clean install 15014 in hyper-v: I have created an iso using the uup to iso tutorial and it works fine to upgrade existing VMs, setting iso as a dvd. I am trying to clean install it in hyper-v overwriting an existing vm (do not want to change existing vm id) and have set it as a dvd, and changed boot...
  9. Hyper V causing corrupted drive

Hyper V causing corrupted drive: I have a Server 2012 R2 machine with Hyper-V running on it. Have 2 virtual machines and had no issues with it. I recently ran a windows update on it and since then have been having issues. If I shut down the PC and swap out the boot drive with a drive that has Windows 10 on...
  10. Hyper-V - Native Boot VHD

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V - Native Boot VHD: How to: Hyper-V - Native Boot VHD [img] Information First a quote from Microsoft Developer Network's (MSDN) support article: Native Boot allows you to create a virtual hard disk (VHD), install Windows to it, and then boot it up, either on your PC side-by-side with...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. boot failure hyper-v

2. hyper v windows 10 cause boot up error