Windows 10: Hyper v Integrated services on guest not able to install

Discus and support Hyper v Integrated services on guest not able to install in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi I have a vm with win 7 guest os that i can not install integrated services on the option to install it is not in the action meny. have read a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by hanseriksson, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Hyper v Integrated services on guest not able to install

Hi

I have a vm with win 7 guest os that i can not install integrated services on
    the option to install it is not in the action meny. have read a lot of post on the internet but nothing seams to help.
    have logged on as admin on both the host and guest.
    even tried a offline install but the folder that the instructions told me to use was empty (windows system32 vmguest)
    right now i connect through a legacy adapter and have installed over 200 win updates,
    from some of the post i read thats how you are supposed to get the integrated services installed

i have 2 other vm,s running on my cpu with win xp os had no problem installing integrated services on them.
    at that time i had wind 8 host os
    i realy need this vm to work as i have software that will not run on win 10 or xp ,all help is appreciated.
    my host os is win 10

:)

hanseriksson, Sep 13, 2015
  2. jbl1985 Win User

Importing Virtual PC -> Hyper V

Thank you. I followed the instructions below, and when I go to hit the action menu to install Integration services, of course, there is no such option under the Action Menu. The instructions seem so simple but I'm still missing something...

Step 4: Install or upgrade integration services

Hyper-V includes a software package for supported guest operating systems that improves integration between the physical computer and the virtual machine. This package is referred to as integration services. To learn more, see Integration
    Services

This step can't be automated or done within a Windows PowerShell session.

To install integration services

• Open Hyper-V Manager. From the Server Manager Tools menu, click Hyper-V Manager.

• Connect to the virtual machine. Right-click the name of the virtual machine and click Connect.

• From the Action menu of Virtual Machine Connection, click Insert Integration Services Setup Disk. This action loads the setup disk in the virtual DVD drive. Depending on the guest operating system installed, you may
      need to start the installation manually.

• After the installation finishes, all integration services are available for use.

jbl1985, Sep 13, 2015
  3. jbl1985 Win User
    Hyper V Integration Services are not Available

I followed the instructions below, and when I go to hit the action menu after I connect to the VM to install Integration services, there is no such option under the Action Menu to Insert Integration Services Setup Disk . The instructions
    seem so simple but I seem to be missing something. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Step 4: Install or upgrade integration services
    Hyper-V includes a software package for supported guest operating systems that improves integration between the physical computer and the virtual machine. This package is referred to as integration services. To learn more, see Integration
    Services

This step can't be automated or done within a Windows PowerShell session.

To install integration services

• Open Hyper-V Manager. From the Server Manager Tools menu, click Hyper-V Manager.

• Connect to the virtual machine. Right-click the name of the virtual machine and click Connect.

• From the Action menu of Virtual Machine Connection, click Insert Integration Services Setup Disk. This action loads the setup disk in the virtual DVD drive. Depending on the guest operating system installed, you may need to start the installation
      manually.

• After the installation finishes, all integration services are available for use.

jbl1985, Sep 13, 2015
  4. Geneo Win User

Hyper v Integrated services on guest not able to install

It gets installed and updated through windows update now. My experience is I didn't get the update. If windows update doesn't work, you can download the cab for the update and use "pkgmgr /ip /m:<path><file name>.cab /quiet" on a admin command prompt. It will require a reboot.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=48204

its a cab file

EDIT: of course I meant windows update in the guest Windows 7 VM. I just did this myself for the same reason.

Geneo, Sep 19, 2015
Thema:

Hyper v Integrated services on guest not able to install

1. Hyper v Integrated services on guest not able to install - Similar Threads - Hyper Integrated services

2. How to get hyper-v integration services for WinPE10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get hyper-v integration services for WinPE10: I am trying to create a WinPE 10 guest ISO with Hyper-v integration services installed on it. I could not find hyper-v integration services for winPE10 in the download center. Few articles state that hyper-v integration services will be delivered as part of windows update...
  3. Integration with hyper-v

in Windows 10 Customization
    Integration with hyper-v: Is there something like seamless,coherence or unity mode in hyper-v ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integration-with-hyper-v/a8fd68dc-71a6-4b61-aaca-92c36592ce26
  4. Hyper-V guest install takes long time to start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyper-V guest install takes long time to start: Hello, I'm running Wiin10 using Hyper-V as a virtual test box for some small projects. Lately, when trying to install a guest OS Debian Linux in this case I can create a new virtual machine just fine.. but when I try to start it, it hangs up on the debian boot splash...
  5. Hyper-V and Windows 10 Guest speed

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V and Windows 10 Guest speed: What are the best memory settings for a Windows 10 Guest on Hyper-V? 16 Gb of physical memory 127556
  6. Hyper-V: Lost Communication during install XPMode in Windows 7 guest

Hyper-V: Lost Communication during install XPMode in Windows 7 guest: When first time installing XPmode in a Windows 7 guest hosted by Hyper V on my Windows 10, the installation freezes and Hyper-V Manager says: Communication Lost. This happens a lillle time after step 10 of this guide is started : Windows XP Mode - Install and Setup -...
  7. Hyper-V: No "Insert Integration Services Setup Disk" option

Hyper-V: No "Insert Integration Services Setup Disk" option: I added an existing .VHD (XP SP3 guest OS, which I originally created in Virtual PC 2007 running on an XP SP3 host OS) to Hyper-V via the Hyper-V Manager. It worked fine, except, I have no "Insert Integration Services Setup Disk" option in the Action menu, so I have no video,...
  8. Hyper-V unable to configure network for guest OS - no network

Hyper-V unable to configure network for guest OS - no network: I am running Hyper-V on Windows 10 Pro and trying to install CentOS 6 on a VM. I define an external virtual switch, create a VM, specifying the use of the external virtual switch. I have 2 NICs on the host system, both with network access and internet access. The external...
  9. Where is the Integration Service Disk of Hyper-V in Windows 10?

Where is the Integration Service Disk of Hyper-V in Windows 10?: Hello guys *Smile I want to install a Windows 7 VM with Hyper-V, but I could not find the item "Insert Integration Service disk" in the Action menu of Hyper-V console. [img] Now my Windows 7 VM looks ugly with no Aero effect and screen resolution is not autoscale....
  10. Hyper-V Services Installed Despite Feature Being Disabled

Hyper-V Services Installed Despite Feature Being Disabled: Hi All, This is more of an exploratory question. I've just completed a clean fresh install of Windows 10. When checking over the services I noticed that the Hyper-V services were installed. They're all set to Manual trigger mode so they aren't running. I also haven't...