Windows 10: Hyper-V Manager won't connect to local computer (error message)

Discus and support Hyper-V Manager won't connect to local computer (error message) in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; System specs are below. Virtualization is turned on in BIOS. Hyper-V is installed. When I start Hyper-V Manager it's not connected to a server. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by ComputerGeek, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Hyper-V Manager won't connect to local computer (error message)

System specs are below. Virtualization is turned on in BIOS. Hyper-V is installed.

When I start Hyper-V Manager it's not connected to a server. I click Connect to Server->Local Computer and get the error message (see below).

I can see none of the Hyper-V services are running. If I try starting Hyper-V VM Session Service manually, I get the error shown below.

Any ideas how to get Hyper-V up and running? Thanks in advance for any ideas/help.
    Code: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Version 10.0.10041Build 10041 OSManufacturer Microsoft Corporation SystemManufacturer Dell Inc. SystemModel OptiPlex 360 SystemType x64-based PC Processor Intel(R)Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7600 @ 3.06GHz, 3059 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2Logical Processor(s) BIOSVersion/Date Dell Inc. A06, 8/4/2011 SMBIOSVersion 2.5 BIOS Mode Legacy BaseBoardManufacturer Dell Inc. BaseBoardModel Not Available Platform Role SOHOServer Secure BootState Unsupported PCR7Configuration Binding Not Possible Hardware AbstractionLayer Version = "10.0.10041.0" Installed PhysicalMemory (RAM) 4.00 GB Total PhysicalMemory 3.93 GB Available PhysicalMemory 2.65 GB Total VirtualMemory 5.31 GB Available VirtualMemory 3.84 GB Page FileSpace 1.38 GB Hyper-V - VM MonitorMode Extensions Yes Hyper-V - SecondLevel Address Translation Extensions No Hyper-V -Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes Hyper-V - DataExecution Protection Yes[/quote]

:)

ComputerGeek, Apr 11, 2015

2. Windows 10 Virtual Machine

I'm trying to set up a virtual machine to connect to my computer. I've got Hyper-V Manager running but when I try to connect to my local computer I get an error message and I'm told to check that the virtual machine management service is running. I can't
    find where this is. I've tried to start several of the services entitled 'Hyper-V ******' but all stop immediately. Any help will be most appreciated. Incidentally I'm not exactly 'tech savvy'

PeterCroker, Apr 11, 2015
  3. Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

The Hyper-V Manager is under Windows Administrative Tools on your Start Menu.

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Simply click on the Hyper-V Manager icon under Windows Administrative Tools.. That starts the Hyper-V Manager.

Then in the top right of the Manager page you will see "Connect to Server." Click that and choose "Local Computer" for the server. The "Action" pane (the right side of the Manager page) will then populate and you can proceed.

Cbarnhorst, Apr 11, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Hyper-V Manager won't connect to local computer (error message)

You have a Core 2 Duo E7300 processor. Unfortually, this processor does not support Second Level Address Translation or Intel Virtualization Technology, so you can't run Client Hyper-V (ie Window 8 or Windows 10 Hyper-V).

Intel Core2 Duo E7300

While your BIOS supports turning on Virtualization, your Processor does not.

Mystere, Apr 11, 2015
  5. You misread the CPU model. It's an Intel Core 2 E7600 processor. It does support Intel Virtualization.

Intel Core2 Duo E7600

/* EDIT */
    Ahhh, but on further reading, and as you mention, Hyper-V SLAT (Second Level Address Translations Extensions) is also required (though not often mentioned).

So, I'd call this a bug. Windows 8 returns an installation error message if SLAT isn't supported. Win 10 Preview does not.

ComputerGeek, Apr 11, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    Sorry, yeah, I misread that number. But, as you have found out, it still won't work because of a lack of SLAT. Strangely, SLAT is only required in the Desktop OS version, not in the Server version.

It may be that MS intended to remove SLAT restrictions for Windows 10, but it hasn't yet (or just didn't) make it into the build. Or it may be, as you say, a bug in detecting SLAT for Desktops.

Mystere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Hyper-V Manager won't connect to local computer (error message)

1. Hyper-V Manager won't connect to local computer (error message) - Similar Threads - Hyper Manager won't

2. Hyper-V Manager Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V Manager Error: I am trying to start a new VM in my Hyper-v and I am getting the error "Data supplied is of wrong type.0x8007065D. When I search this issue all I find is indfo dealing with phones even though I put in search for Hypervisor error. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?...
  3. Hyper-V Manager Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V Manager Error: I am trying to start a new VM in my Hyper-v and I am getting the error "Data supplied is of wrong type.0x8007065D. When I search this issue all I find is indfo dealing with phones even though I put in search for Hypervisor error. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?...
  4. Unable to connect to vm's in Hyper V Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to connect to vm's in Hyper V Manager: Please help, i have installed hyper v manager and created virtual machines .While i click the connect option and it loads for a 5 seconds and then disappears . I have tried vmconnect too also , but same result. Tried Hyper V Quick create and it is crashing . While i check...
  5. Hyper-V Connection Lost

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Connection Lost: I am having trouble establishing a stable connection to a Windows 10 VM and the issue appears when I activate enhanced mode. The error message that I'm getting quite often is the following: "The connection was lost because another user connected to the virtual machine." There...
  6. Manage remote Hyper-V machine

Manage remote Hyper-V machine: I have 2 win 10 pro and considering this setup: Desktop with hyper-v to tun virtual machine laptop with hyper-v management what i can now achieve is connect to the desktop with RDP then launch hyper-v management in the desktop; using the laptop hyper-v management...
  7. VMware with only Hyper-V Manager

VMware with only Hyper-V Manager: When you have Hyper-V fully installed on a Windows 10 machine, a Standard User can only access Hyper-V via a server connection. This gave me an idea. I was wondering if you could install only Hyper-V Management Tools on the host system and still be able to run VMware. In...
  8. Virtual program not connecting but shows in Hyper-V manager

Virtual program not connecting but shows in Hyper-V manager: I installed virtual XP on Win 10 Pro. When trying to open it in Hyper-V Manager it fails to connect even though it shows in the manager small box that it loaded XP and was ready for use. According to SystemInfo my AMD-Gigbyte computer supports all the requirements for...
  9. Hyper-V Manager not available

Hyper-V Manager not available: Hi there, 1. I installed the Hyper-V features (tickmarked all 4 options) and rebooted my system. (My system did some installation, updates etc) 2. After the reboot i can confirm that the hyper-v folders in "C:\Program Files\Hyper-V" appeared. 3. Unfortunately i can not...
  10. Connecting Hyper-V Manager to another PC

Connecting Hyper-V Manager to another PC: I just bought a new X201 laptop off ebay and wanted to use it to access my main PC (a MacBook also running Windows 10 Pro) through the Hyper-V Manager. That is to use the Hyper-V manager on the X201 to access not just the local PC but to start/stop and connect directly to the...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper-v manager wont connect

2. kb4507453 processor error hyper-v

3. vmconnect wont open from hyper-v manager

4. hyperv win 10 pro wont connect local solution,
  5. hyper v manager wont connect to server,
  6. hyper v manager an error when connecting to local computer first time,
  7. hyper-v manager doesnt connect to local computer,
  8. hyper-v 2008 manager wont connect to local server,
  9. hyper-v manager wont connect to vm,
  10. remote hyper-v manager on local pc problem,