Windows 10: Hyper-V unable to configure network for guest OS - no network

Discus and support Hyper-V unable to configure network for guest OS - no network in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I am running Hyper-V on Windows 10 Pro and trying to install CentOS 6 on a VM. I define an external virtual switch, create a VM, specifying the use of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by djdenne, Nov 26, 2016.

1. djdenne Win User

Hyper-V unable to configure network for guest OS - no network

I am running Hyper-V on Windows 10 Pro and trying to install CentOS 6 on a VM. I define an external virtual switch, create a VM, specifying the use of the external virtual switch. I have 2 NICs on the host system, both with network access and internet access. The external virtual switch creation specifies the use if the Intel NIC and creates a vEthernet definition in the control panel. When I install the VM, it has an ifcfg-eth0 that specifies dhcp and onboot=no. When I run ifconfig -a I see a definition for vibr0 that has in IPv4 address of 192.168.122.1. My network is 192.168.200.nnn and even though service network restart says it is OK, I cannot see anything on my network. There is no ifcfg-vibr0 defined so I can't change the IP address to one that works.

:)

djdenne, Nov 26, 2016
  2. s.kongrath, Nov 26, 2016
  3. s.kongrath, Nov 26, 2016
Thema:

Hyper-V unable to configure network for guest OS - no network

1. Hyper-V unable to configure network for guest OS - no network - Similar Threads - Hyper unable configure

2. Hyper V Networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V Networking: Hello I am trying to get my 6 different VLANS to communicate with each other on the same Hyper V Host.In fact my networking skills are very rusty and i am looking for some help and guidance.The below is my setup:i have a Managed Switch with VLANs with an uplink from the...
  3. Hyper V Networking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper V Networking: Hello I am trying to get my 6 different VLANS to communicate with each other on the same Hyper V Host.In fact my networking skills are very rusty and i am looking for some help and guidance.The below is my setup:i have a Managed Switch with VLANs with an uplink from the...
  4. Hyper-V guest VM blocks host's network connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V guest VM blocks host's network connection: Hi, I have a weird issue on my Windows 10 Enterprise and I've spent hours to solve it in vain. I have HyperV enabled with several VMs created. I have an external virtual switch created for my Wifi connection that is used by the VMs. Everything was running just fine for a...
  5. Choose OS: Guest OS on Hyper-V for supporting RemoteFX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Choose OS: Guest OS on Hyper-V for supporting RemoteFX: Hi I have Windows server 2016 as Host OS & need to choice a guest OS for supporting remoteFX using GPU on VM. its important that guest OS use low source & be fast performance +remoteFX & using GPU +fast Performance .......which one? guide me plz/...
  6. Hyper-V Memory Error on Ubuntu Guest OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper-V Memory Error on Ubuntu Guest OS: I get an error when I run Linux Ubuntu on Hyper-V saying I need more memory to run it. What does it mean and how do I fix it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-memory-error-on-ubuntu-guest-os/64f2c32c-feba-44d4-a1ac-ec15566041e2"
  7. Hyper-V Network Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper-V Network Error: I learned how to Configure the Switch manager from a video and I believe that I configured it right[ATTACH], then this happened " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-network-error/4c053985-9253-42a6-8e7a-5d14acce148d
  8. Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V: Hi guys, I enabled Hyper-V feature in Windows 10 but unable to create a virtual switch. I tried to create private and internal types of virtual switch but every time the process stuck on "Applying changes". What could be the reason of that? Thank you. 61906
  9. Hyper-V: Windows XP 64 bit > cannot configure network adapters

Hyper-V: Windows XP 64 bit > cannot configure network adapters: Hello All: I am new to Hyper-V, so please pardon any stupid question(s) . . . I have researched this but do not seem to be able to pin down my problem. I have set up the virtual machine with a legacy network adapter but it does not work (tried the other way as well and...
  10. Network adapters not appearing in Hyper-V

Network adapters not appearing in Hyper-V: Hello. I'm hoping somebody knowledgeable can help me. I've looked online and I can't find an answer for this problem. I've just recently picked up windows 10 (It's been less than a week so I'm admittedly a noob with it) and I want to create a virtual machine. I've gone...
Tags: