Windows 10: Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10

Discus and support Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Hi I havent been able to virtualise on Windows 10. I am not finding Hyper-V listed on Windows Feature list. So I went to BIOS and enabled the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by ThrashZone, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10

Hi
    I havent been able to virtualise on Windows 10. I am not finding Hyper-V listed on Windows Feature list.
    So I went to BIOS and enabled the Virtualisation Technology 'VT-X' only. Can you think of a solution to this problem please? I need to insal SAS software on virtualisation.

I use Toshiba C-850.

Thanks

nairunni60, Oct 17, 2015

2. Hi
    I havent been able to virtualise on Windows 10. I am not finding Hyper-V listed on Windows Feature list.
    So I went to BIOS and enabled the Virtualisation Technology 'VT-X' only. Can you think of a solution to this problem please? I need to insal SAS software on virtualisation.

I use Toshiba C-850. I enclose the screenshot.

Thanks

nairunni60, Oct 17, 2015
  3. Kari Win User
    Do you have the Home edition of Windows 10? Hyper-V is only available in Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise and Education editions.

4. Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10

Thanks for the reply.
    Now I know the problem. I have Windows 10 only.

nairunni60, Oct 19, 2015
  5. PauloLib Win User
    Thanks for the tutorial.

When I want to how do I uninstall or remove the virtual-machine with Win7.?

PauloLib, Oct 20, 2015
  6. Kari Win User
    1.) First, if checkpoints exist remove them all. Right click the first checkpoint, select Delete Checkpoint Subtree:
    Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10 [​IMG]

2.) Now open the VM settings and check the name of the VHD, in case you need to manually delete it:

3.) Right click the VM you want to delete, select Delete:

That's it. The VHD of the deleted VM should be automatically deleted but at least on my PC it quite often isn't. That's why it's important to check the VHD name before deleting the VM (#2 in above list); you can manually delete it as unnecessary, being sure that you do not accidentally delete a wrong VHD. By default the VHDs are stored in Public Documents\Hyper-V\Virtual Hard Disks folder.

7. PauloLib Win User
    Thanks.

One very small problem I followed the guide up to 2.1, it didn't asked me to reboot but I reboot all the same.
    Moved along to 2.2 but I couldn't get any results for the search for Hyper-V.

Read in on of the post that it might have with something on your bios settings, went there and nothing related with VM.

I've Win 10 Pro and my BIOs is ConRoe1333-D667 BIOS P1.90.

Can you give me an hand with this?

Thanks.

PauloLib, Oct 20, 2015
  8. Kari Win User

Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10

Are you sure you have selected all Hyper-V components? You must add all components from both Hyper-V Management Tools and Hyper-V Platform.

9. PauloLib Win User
    yes.

I just unchecked them, rebooted, checked them again and was not asked to reboot.

Searching again for Hyper-V.

Note: in your screen the lowest levels of hyper-v show a plus sign on the left mine don't.

PauloLib, Oct 20, 2015
  10. Kari Win User
    You need to have all components shown in the screenshot enabled. If you don't have all of them visible and selectable, you have something wrong in your BIOS / UEFI virtualization settings:

11. PauloLib Win User
    I'm missing the Hyper-V Platform.

Can you help with my BIOS: ConRoe1333-D667 BIOS P1.90, because I went there and saw nothing related to VM.

PauloLib, Oct 20, 2015
  12. MAS
    MaS Win User
    I tried to follow your clear and nicely illustrated instructions above.
    I checked <Hyper-V> in <Windows Features> and pressed OK.
    I repeated this several times with rebooting my system and every time I received the same error:

Clicking <Tell me how to solve this problems> leads to the .NET Framework 3.5 Web page. .NET Framework seems to be already installed as the screen shot indicates. .NET Framework 3.5 was previously installed through Windows Update.

I am not sure if this is connected to uninstalling Microsoft Office 2016 which left problems with Hyperlinks and these were sorted with a small app from Microsoft Support. However, This warning is still left on my system <Settings>:

Is there a solution to this error?

Thema:

Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10

1. Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hyper virtualization Setup

2. Virtual Machine using Hyper - V Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Machine using Hyper - V Manager: Hi,I made a Virtual Machine using Hyper-V Manager with VHD attached that is running XP. I do get this message when I start up it up from the image I attached. I was told to add XP IDE files that I extracted. My question is: Will I need to attach these files to the VHD for it...
  3. Virtual Machine using Hyper - V Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Machine using Hyper - V Manager: Hi,I made a Virtual Machine using Hyper-V Manager with VHD attached that is running XP. I do get this message when I start up it up from the image I attached. I was told to add XP IDE files that I extracted. My question is: Will I need to attach these files to the VHD for it...
  4. Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V: Hi guys, I enabled Hyper-V feature in Windows 10 but unable to create a virtual switch. I tried to create private and internal types of virtual switch but every time the process stuck on "Applying changes". What could be the reason of that? Thank you. 61906
  5. Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Hyper-V Virtual Switch: I cannot create a Virtual switch when using Hyper-V get this error message: [img] I am using a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter and running Hyper-V with Admin Privleges. Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio i7 with 8GB Ram running Windows 10 pro. Thanks...
  6. Can a Hyper-V Virtual Machine use a Picture Password?

Can a Hyper-V Virtual Machine use a Picture Password?: Greetings. I set up Hyper-V in my Win 10 Anniversary install and created a Win 10 Virtual Machine which is fully activated. I tried setting up a picture password for this VM. The Picture Password option was not available but I got it to show using gpedit. I then set a...
  7. Cannot use Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot use Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch: Hey, new here. I wasn't sure if this should go in Network and Sharing or Programs and Apps, so I apologize if this is in the wrong category. Anyways, while trying to set up a virtual switch I discover I need to install the 'Hyper-v Extensible Virtual Switch' network...
  8. Use Hyper-V virtual machine to get Windows 10 Insider ISO

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use Hyper-V virtual machine to get Windows 10 Insider ISO: How to: Use Hyper-V virtual machine to get Windows 10 Insider ISO [img] Information To run a Windows Insider version of Windows 10, your PC does not have to be opted in for Insider builds. It's enough to have one machine opted in, use it to get Insider build upgrade and...
  9. Import Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10: How to: Import Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 How to Import Hyper-V Virtual Machines Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used and managed just as if they were physical...
  10. Export Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10: How to: Export Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 How to Export Hyper-V Virtual Machines in Windows 10 Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used and managed just as if they were...
Tags: