Windows 10: & HYPERLINK prefix - Wild Link Replication in Wordpad Documents!

Discus and support & HYPERLINK prefix - Wild Link Replication in Wordpad Documents! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Occassionally, I sometimes use Wordpad just for copy & paste links from articles and to link to other docs. on my comp. then this; & HYPERLINK -... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GetOverITFast, Aug 6, 2018.

1. & HYPERLINK prefix - Wild Link Replication in Wordpad Documents!

Occassionally, I sometimes use Wordpad just for copy & paste links from articles and to link to other docs. on my comp.

then this; & HYPERLINK - is put infront as Prefix to my original link ( Ex. file://C:/Etc/Dokument & Artiklar/document.pdf ).

Then when I save my Wordpad doc. and reopen it again the link look like have gone wild and crazy, like this;

file://C:/Etc/Dokument HYPERLINK "file://C:/Etc/Dokument & Artiklar/document.pdf "& HYPERLINK "file://C:/Etc/Dokument & Artiklar/document.pdf " Dokument & Artiklar/document.pdf HYPERLINK "file://C:/Etc/Dokument & Artiklar/document.pdf " ….

It is like it self replicates over and over every time I save the file and I find it to fill the whole page/file ! The file takes ages to open it up and seems to put heavy work on the CPU. This happens even if am not connected to the network.

:)

GetOverITFast, Aug 6, 2018
  2. De64Frank Win User

Wordpad hyperlink

MS update automatically migrated Word.doc content to Wordpad.

Each time I open Wordpad, it duplicates the hyperlink embed code.

The document is now so overpopulated that it can no longer open.

How do I get this valuable work restored?

De64Frank, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Wordpad hyperlink

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. This issue may have occurred due to a software conflict. For us to help you with this concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• What version of Office applications are you using?
    • Are you also experiencing any issues on opening different Office files?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run an Office repair to check if there will be any changes on the Wordpad.
    Kindly follow the steps given on the section that says Windows 10.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Aug 6, 2018
  4. & HYPERLINK prefix - Wild Link Replication in Wordpad Documents!

How do I insert a hyperlink in a wordpad document

Today I set my default application for text files to Microsoft defaults. Now I cannot seem to create an hyperlink in files I send to direct clients to look up a specific web address. I cannot find a way to enable WordPad (or Word) to accept a hyperlink.
    Neither can I find a way to reset my Wordpad to again be independent of the default control that Word has of WordPad.

Norwin Katzen, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

& HYPERLINK prefix - Wild Link Replication in Wordpad Documents!

1. & HYPERLINK prefix - Wild Link Replication in Wordpad Documents! - Similar Threads - HYPERLINK prefix Wild

2. WordPad documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WordPad documents: Where do I find saved documents in WordPad? Moved from: Microsoft Education/ Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad-documents/abb90273-51b5-4348-bf14-b9e8f14627b2
  3. Blank Wordpad document

Blank Wordpad document: HELP! So I've recently been using Wordpad to complete my college coursework that is due to be submitted soon. I'd completed half of the coursework and saved it as normal before closing it. A couple of days later to my horror, I opened the file to see that all of the text...
  4. encrypted document on wordpad

encrypted document on wordpad: I created an important document on wordpad and opened it to edit. The document was encrypted. I did not encrypt the document or anything else. This certain document is the only one encrypted on wordpad. How do I recover my document ?...
  5. WORDPAD DOCUMENT

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WORDPAD DOCUMENT: HOW CAN I EMAIL THE DOCUMENT I MADE IN WORDPAD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad-document/d2ec3ac6-c4ba-425a-ad90-cb8bb0123709"
  6. Save a document in WordPad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Save a document in WordPad: WordPad will NOT let me save a document....I keep getting a message saying the name is not valid no matter what I try to name it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-a-document-in-wordpad/3ec3e6d2-8a72-40eb-8e04-f214344ca462
  7. Microsoft Document Hyperlink

Microsoft Document Hyperlink: For an unknown reason, hyperlink in documents sent through my email Microsoft Account, will not open up after it is sent. How is this stopped? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-document-hyperlink/35b03ca8-6046-495b-98b2-59c200d89118"
  8. & HYPERLINK prefix - Wild Link Replication in Wordpad Documents!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    & HYPERLINK prefix - Wild Link Replication in Wordpad Documents!: Occassionally, I sometimes use Wordpad just for copy & paste links from articles and to link to other docs. on my comp. then this; & HYPERLINK - is put infront as Prefix to my original link ( Ex. file://C:/Etc/Dokument & Artiklar/document.pdf ). Then when I save my...
  9. word documents saved as wordpad documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    word documents saved as wordpad documents: I am using Word 2013 on my laptop. Windows 8 was operating system. Recently upgraded to Windows 10. When I save Word documents now, they are saved as Wordpad documents. (.xml files) Wordpad does not recommend some of the Word formatting and alters the documents. How do I...
  10. Replicate Win7 behavior for Recent Documents?

in Windows 10 Support
    Replicate Win7 behavior for Recent Documents?: I'm trying to figure out if there's any way to get back to the Window 7/WinXP behavior of Recent Documents on the Start menu. I liked being able to click the Start button, then just choose from a list of the most recent files from a jump list. I work with a number of...