Windows 10: Hyperlinks not working

Discus and support Hyperlinks not working in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello there Recently I noticed hyperlinks in outlook do not works. is there any fix? Thank you 88652 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gremar, Jul 10, 2017.

1. gremar Win User

Hyperlinks not working

Hello there
    Recently I noticed hyperlinks in outlook do not works. is there any fix?
    Thank you

:)

gremar, Jul 10, 2017

2. Hyperlinks don't work in Quick Gmail App

In the Quick Gmail app hyperlinks in gmail messages don't work.
    When the hyperlink is clicked the message "You'll need a new app to open this about" comes up.
    If I go to gmail through Firefox or Windows Edge the hyperlink works fine.
    Is there a fix for this?

JWPalmer50, Jul 10, 2017
  3. ascott87 Win User
    Hyperlinked Images won't open in word doc when viewing in mobile

I am sending a word document with hyperlinked images. When I open on desktop the hyperlinked images work . When I open in mobile the hyperlinked images do not.

<Device make and model not stated>

ascott87, Jul 10, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hyperlinks not working

Hi, suggest you check these associations:

Hyperlinks not working [​IMG]

(I assume you mean clicking on them doesn't open a browser).

dalchina, Jul 10, 2017
  5. gremar Win User
    Hi, thank you for the reply yes I mean not opening in browser.
    HTTP and HTTPS are associated with Microsoft Edge as you see in the image, but still no joy.
    By the way Microsoft Edge is the default browser
    Is there anything else I can try?
    Thank you

gremar, Jul 11, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, do hyperlinks elsewhere work? I.e. is it only in Outlook that you see the problem?

(I don't have Outlook myself)

dalchina, Jul 11, 2017
  7. gremar Win User
    Yes they works I have just checked them strange enough with different brewers .

gremar, Jul 11, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Hyperlinks not working

Perhaps suggests a problem specific to Outlook?

dalchina, Jul 11, 2017
  9. Benf Win User
    Hi, when you say it does not work, can you be more specific? You click them but there's no response? Do you get any error messages?

Also, have you tried this?

Close Outlook
    Open command prompt as admin and enter the following commands:

REG ADD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.htm /ve /d htmlfile /f
    REG ADD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.html /ve /d htmlfile /f
    REG ADD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.shtml /ve /d htmlfile /f
    REG ADD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.xht /ve /d htmlfile /f
    REG ADD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.xhtml /ve /d htmlfile /f

10. gremar Win User
    Sorry I should made myself clearer., yes I do get a error message

gremar, Jul 11, 2017
  11. Benf Win User
    Have you tried what I posted above?

12. gremar Win User
    Thank you very much Mr Benf I have added the commands and now the hyperlinks do open as they should.
    Thanks again

gremar, Jul 11, 2017
  13. Benf Win User

Hyperlinks not working

You're welcome gremar. *Smile

14. pgrimbert Win User
    Thank you for your solution. The problem is solved.

pgrimbert, Dec 5, 2017
  15. Chambo Win User
    Hello Benf,
    I also was having hyperlink issues with Outlook and Excel. I think it may have been Firefox that caused the issue, BUT I am happy to say your registry entries fixed my problem. Thanks Hyperlinks not working :)*chuckle

Chambo, Feb 6, 2018
Thema:

Hyperlinks not working

1. Hyperlinks not working - Similar Threads - Hyperlinks working

2. Hyperlinks not working after removing the files with hyperlinks NOT refered file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyperlinks not working after removing the files with hyperlinks NOT refered file: I though it´s perfectly OK to move .odt files WITH RELATIVE HYPERLINKS refering to other .odt files to another folder within OneDrive or within my USB Drive not across OneDrive + USB Drive without breaking the hyperlinks. It´s apparently no the case. I am not about moving...
  3. Hyperlinks not working after removing the files with hyperlinks NOT refered file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyperlinks not working after removing the files with hyperlinks NOT refered file: I though it´s perfectly OK to move .odt files WITH RELATIVE HYPERLINKS refering to other .odt files to another folder within OneDrive or within my USB Drive not across OneDrive + USB Drive without breaking the hyperlinks. It´s apparently no the case. I am not about moving...
  4. Hyperlinks not working after removing the files with hyperlinks NOT refered file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Hyperlinks not working after

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyperlinks not working after: I though it´s perfectly OK to move .odt files WITH RELATIVE HYPERLINKS refering to other .odt files to another folder within OneDrive or within my USB Drive not across OneDrive + USB Drive without breaking the hyperlinks. I am not about moving files that are refered. It´s...
  6. how can I import hyperlinked files to excel since the return to classic view is not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I import hyperlinked files to excel since the return to classic view is not working?: how can I import hyperlinked files to excel since the return to classic view is not working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-import-hyperlinked-files-to-excel-since/0be4d3ad-9042-40a2-8c00-4b2d8deee5e2
  7. how can I import hyperlinked files to excel since the return to classic view is not working?

how can I import hyperlinked files to excel since the return to classic view is not working?: how can I import hyperlinked files to excel since the return to classic view is not working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-import-hyperlinked-files-to-excel-since/0be4d3ad-9042-40a2-8c00-4b2d8deee5e2
  8. how can I import hyperlinked files to excel since the return to classic view is not working?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Hyperlinks dont work on any program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyperlinks dont work on any program: Whatever program i am on, i cant use any hyperlinks or buttons that launches other software. for example on a software when i click a button that is supposed to take me to a website to log in, nothing happens. its like this for every software. Im not sure if this is...
  10. Hyperlinks dont work on any program

Hyperlinks dont work on any program: Whatever program i am on, i cant use any hyperlinks or buttons that launches other software. for example on a software when i click a button that is supposed to take me to a website to log in, nothing happens. its like this for every software. Im not sure if this is...